• Jul 1st, 2018 12:41 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3741 posts
3965 upvotes
Toronto
So did anyone watch the entire MCU movies from the beginning starting with Iron Man before going out to watch this?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Psychopathetic wrote: Thanos is dead, dead, dead, you don’t get an Asgardian axe plunged into your heart and live. His “experience “ is a dying dream
You do recall the Infinity Stones essential grant unlimited wishes, right?

The orange dreamscape is likely the doings of the soul stone reaching into Thanos' soul and allowing him to reflect on what he just did. Is that smile at the end of actual satisfaction or was he reflecting on his losses and perhaps finding out that he made a foolish mistake?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Psychopathetic wrote: Thanos is dead, dead, dead, you don’t get an Asgardian axe plunged into your heart and live. His “experience “ is a dying dream
Did you even see the post credits stuff?
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
My only real issue is that the power of the gauntlet was understated, and thors overstated.

Other than that, freaking awesome. Easily the best Marvel movie. Should be interesting how they handle the stuff brought up post credits.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Great movie!! Only seen it the one time, but it was amazing. I did feel like other people. Too many people died at the end, that you know they'll have to find a way to reverse it in the next movie. If a single big character had died it would of stung (maybe a bit like loki) but with so many you know it can't stick.

Given how many characters are in it, I thought they did a really great job of balancing it all out. Very much looking forward to the next one.

Then there's The Thanos thing. What if he's right. What if the avengers undo what he did, and we cause our own extinction by exhausting our planet? :) lol.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17436 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
Dinklage is a weapons maker in both IW and X-Men Days of Future Past so there's gotta be a far fetched fan theory where he's the linklage to the FOX mutantverse
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8519 posts
6261 upvotes
Coming to the movie, I expected it would be an emotional mess thereafter because of so many character deaths. Well, at the end it wasn't and I didn't shed a tear. I guess because they made every death so quick (except vision) and there was no time to mourn or grief. Out of Marvel's movies, I think Yondu's death in GoTG 2 was the worst. Even Loki's fake death in Thor 2 was more emotional than these ones. Logan's dead scene was also very touching. Maybe because we all know these deaths are not permanent hence they made us less emotional. I believe the next ones (in Avengers 4) will be worse, especially for Cap (very likely) or Ironman (next after Cap)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Super strokey wrote: My only real issue is that the power of the gauntlet was understated, and thors overstated.

Other than that, freaking awesome. Easily the best Marvel movie. Should be interesting how they handle the stuff brought up post credits.
Black Order was shafted in terms of power. They are able to hold their own against The Hulk.

Widow should not be able to hold her own against Promixa.
Corvus was far too easiky beat and blowing Cull out of spaceship was a joke to get rid of him.

There's a lot of plot armor in this movie, like why didn't Heimdall just use the Bifrost to send Thanos away or into a sun...

I can hold my suspense of disbelief for now.

I think Cap is likely the one to be taken out in Avengers 4, since Evans is tired of the Marvel series. He puts the most work in out of the entire cast but gets paid less than RDJ.

Stark is probably going to be retired out and become a mentor, easier to have RDJ show up for cameos and not require mocap.

Will be exciting to see Captain Marvel go Binary in Avengers 4 against Thanos.

Wish the other Avengers had ultimate power modes lol, imagine if Wolverine had been in this movie series and we got to see a Berserker Mode!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
rebel_rfd wrote: Widow should not be able to hold her own against Promixa.
Corvus was far too easiky beat and blowing Cull out of spaceship was a joke to get rid of him.
I thought Maw was blown out of the ship and Cull/Black Dwarf had the Hulkbuster glove lift him into the dome.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto

Looks like Robert Downey Jr had a rough time with Hong Kong singer Eason Chan in Shanghai Disneyland after he was brushed aside on the stage. Eason's comments on stage also infuriated alot of Marvel fans after he is happy to meet all these "Superman, superheroes and whatever".
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8519 posts
6261 upvotes
Yay, Infinity War broke both domestic and international box office records and this without China market
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: I thought Maw was blown out of the ship and Cull/Black Dwarf had the Hulkbuster glove lift him into the dome.
You're right, sorry, was typing too fast.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Over $250 over the weekend and over $650 world wide. My goodness.

Over at box office mojo they also have the Black Panther numbers and I still can't believe it. I thought it was mediocre but clearly people love it!
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'll be very honest, and I'm probably in the minority, but I only thought it was "ok". It was good and very entertaining, but IMO it was more fanservice than anything else (which is fine since those are what Avengers movies are about).

I assume how things ended is the "1 out of 14 million possible futures" that Dr Strange saw so it was probably done for a reason (maybe Thanos lets his guard down now that he thinks he's "won"?). Also unsure what happened to the stones/gauntlet, it looked like they were BBQ after he used them at the end of the movie.

Thing I liked:
- Thanos. Highlight of the movie for me. His portrayal isn't as crazy as the comic, but it was a good performance.
- CGI overall. You can see the various scenes on other planets really let the producers play around with the CGI.
- Interactions between the different characters of different franchises was good, especially when you consider many have never met before this movie.
- Overall fight scenes/actions were really impressive.
-Dr Strange used the friggin' Crimson Bands of Cytorrak!! woooo

A few things that bothered me:
- Too many things happening. Was inevitable given the scope they wanted to do so I give them props, but it did play against them in a sense: I didn't feel much for each "death" in the movie as they seemed to be one of the many things happening at the same time. I feel if there were less events happening we could concentrate on them and be impacted rather than "ok now cut to next scene".
- I feel Odin is somewhere rolling in his grave after just telling Thor in the last movie that his hammer didn't define him for Thor to....go get a new hammer right after lol. The hammer seemed a convenient plot device given that Thanos shot it with the Infinity Stones and it still struck him.
- Some bits of CGI were a bit fuzzy (given the budget of the movie). In particular on Vormir, when Gamora is talking to Thanos, you can see the edges of her hair/face get fuzzy as I assume the wind they generated was messing with the green screen.
- The Black Order was downplayed a lot IMO and didn't contribute to the story as much as I'd hoped.
- The Gauntlet's powers were also downplayed a lot, but that's also a bit inevitable given how OP it is in the first place.

I did enjoy the movie, I just don't feel it's Marvel's best personally (but I never really felt that way about any of the previous Avengers movies either, I prefer the solo hero flicks).
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13166 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Just got back from seeing it and I really liked it. I'll probably see it again in a few weeks once the crowds subside. At this point, I'm going to believe that anyone who got "dusted" will come back in the next movie. The others who died are perma-dead.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
its grossed 250$ mill over 3 days so far? it was ok movie not earth shattering , it stupid how avengers give him the stone and the STILL doesn't kill them all..why doesn't thanos keep snapping his fingers?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
2448 posts
703 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: Just got back from seeing it and I really liked it. I'll probably see it again in a few weeks once the crowds subside. At this point, I'm going to believe that anyone who got "dusted" will come back in the next movie. The others who died are perma-dead.
This is what I was thinking too. They will get the time stone from Thanos and just "rewind time" and have all the dusted ones back again in part 2.
Probably not though.

These guys are passionate and seem to have a good take on what happened in the film.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
mikka2017 wrote: its grossed 250$ mill over 3 days so far? it was ok movie not earth shattering , it stupid how avengers give him the stone and the STILL doesn't kill them all..why doesn't thanos keep snapping his fingers?
Did you even watch the movie? Clearly didn't even understand the basic premise if you asked that last question.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2992 posts
1952 upvotes
Excellent fun movie. Made sure not to see the movie in 3D. Beginning to really dislike the dumb glasses.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
Wow... amazing movie!!... entertaining up to the last minute

And this, Warner Brothers executives, is how a superhero movie is done
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)