[Mary Brown's] Big Mary Mondays Are Back - $3.99 - 52 Weeks A Year

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2017 5:58 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2172 posts
818 upvotes
Edmonton
Was at the Mary Browns on Terrace Road in Edmonton, absolutely the worst chicken I ever ate. Other locations quite good - this tasted like the cook was trying to kill everyone with salt. Returned the food - was told no refunds. Was eating in the restaurant.

Just sayin'
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1928 posts
569 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Just called and confirmed in Winnipeg: Big Mary for $3.99 so this seems nationwide
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4216 posts
1096 upvotes
Charlottetown
i miss them, ours closed due to owner's illness and nobody bought it when he tried to sell it :( . Big Mary's are the best chicken burgers around hands down.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3631 posts
9163 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
walleye*guy wrote: Was at the Mary Browns on Terrace Road in Edmonton, absolutely the worst chicken I ever ate. Other locations quite good - this tasted like the cook was trying to kill everyone with salt. Returned the food - was told no refunds. Was eating in the restaurant.

Just sayin'
I didn't realize there was one in the Capilano area.

Good to know about avoiding this location, thanks.
Apr 15, 2013
34 posts
5 upvotes
smoraes wrote: those jokers had birthday promo but never received coupon for free big mary so was more of a bait and switch for info? anyone get any birthday promo from them
Never received anything for my bday.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9386 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
when they had the 2.99 deal i would go out of my way to pick up 2 or 3 of these. 3.99 is a good price but not enough of a deal for me unless they had more conveniently located locations.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7918 posts
531 upvotes
Brampton
Meh, just an okay deal this time around. Only worth it if your already looking for something to each and see a Mary Browns.

$3.99 subway 6" is more value.
Feb 17, 2009
327 posts
309 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: when they had the 2.99 deal i would go out of my way to pick up 2 or 3 of these. 3.99 is a good price but not enough of a deal for me unless they had more conveniently located locations.
I feel the same way. No need to go out of one's way for this deal. When it was $2.99, I would not make lunch on Mondays and drive over to Mary Brown's during lunchtime. Now I will continue to bring a lunch unless I'm too rushed or too lazy.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18471 posts
26485 upvotes
ONTARIO
Seks wrote: Coupon has no store name or anything indicated on it. How is an MB store gonna believe us that it's an MB coupon?
QR code translates to 7771230003. Probably an internal code used in their system for the deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1557 posts
886 upvotes
Earth
Decent deal if you're craving a great chicken sandwich. I love poutine (Smoke's Poutinerie mmmmmmm!!!), but find MB's gravy to be overly salty, which kind of ruins it. Their taters are THE sh!t (awesome/tasty/amazing), but guess it depends on location/how often they change their oil.
Last edited by Oatmeal on Jan 3rd, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8981 posts
7296 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I received a free Big Mary coupon for my birthday a month or so ago. Redeemed without issue.

smoraes wrote: those jokers had birthday promo but never received coupon for free big mary so was more of a bait and switch for info? anyone get any birthday promo from them
Ffries wrote: Never received anything for my bday.