Hot Deals

[Mary Browns] Mary Brown’s Mailer Coupons (pics inside-$65 in savings) 100% Canadian

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 4:03 pm
Apr 11, 2007
705 posts
316 upvotes
Montreal
is it me or just the fast food price are getting more more expensive.
i never had MB chickens though so , there aint many locations around here
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1683 posts
283 upvotes
MafiaHitman wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 11:48 pm
Any chance of laying flat on a table and using a PDF Scanner App (in color), I think that would allow us to print them without the background and have a better chance of them being accepted.

If you could scan the back, then we could print double sided and they would be like real IMO.

I am interested in the -$10 off for spending $40 option personally.

Thanks..
Thanks for the feedback!
I've uploaded a pdf version as suggested; tested out and prints great double sided.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes :)
Aug 26, 2018
315 posts
390 upvotes
AA7HBS wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 8:24 am
Yes, it is considerably more expensive; it won't be your McDonald's 'get some food out of the necessity to eat' kind of fast food.

To me, it's more of a I don't have a tone of time, but I want a decent meal/treat fast food. It's still fast food, but it is well above average.
I would like to try it at least once. I can't imagine it being vasty superior to Popeyes or KFC though. So I don't know if I can justify the much higher cost. Hopefully they have some good deal in the future that justifies me trying it once at least.

Right now my go-to deal is tuesday 2 piece deal at Popeyes for $3.49. So for Mary Browns, I would not want to pay more than $3.5 for 2 pieces to entice me over.
er34er34 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 9:32 am
Agreed MB is pricey, but where are you still getting Tuesday special for $2 at Popeyes? It hasn't been that price in ages.
Tuesday 2 piece special is $3.49. Get 5X 2 piece specials gets you 10 pieces total for $19.72 tax in.

I wouldn't even call that a hot deal either. I'm on the fence about that and my go-to if in the mood for fried chicken. The best deal was KFC's 9 piece deal for $9.99 a few months ago. Wish they still had that.
Jul 3, 2011
40 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
It is VASTLY better than both KFC and Popeyes. It feels like an actual piece of chicken that came from an animal.

You also don’t want to pay more than $3.50 for two pieces of chicken so I’m not sure your ideas on value and taste are particularly useful.
Last edited by rhubbardblazes on Jan 5th, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1683 posts
283 upvotes
Ive tried KFC, Popeyes, MB, Jollibees, Chicken delight, Santa Lucia, 7-11, Chicken Chef.

Popeyes, Jollibees, and MB are my top picks (in no particular order; depends on mood).
KFC however is the cheapest (comparing regular chkn pc. pricing),but you get what you pay for imo.
I would suggest trying them side by side, if possible, the difference becomes apparent very quickly
Sep 17, 2013
131 posts
115 upvotes
MB is number one (IMO). Nothing else beats it. I was born and raised in Newfoundland so I'm biased haha. We have a ritual of getting Mary Browns from the new Scarborough location (Brimley and Eglinton) on the 10th of every month. Worth the money! I'm hoping to get some coupons in the mail too if these print outs won't work.
Nov 17, 2007
193 posts
361 upvotes
Canada
fattyburger11 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:08 am
I would like to try it at least once. I can't imagine it being vasty superior to Popeyes or KFC though. So I don't know if I can justify the much higher cost. Hopefully they have some good deal in the future that justifies me trying it once at least.

Right now my go-to deal is tuesday 2 piece deal at Popeyes for $3.49. So for Mary Browns, I would not want to pay more than $3.5 for 2 pieces to entice me over.

Tuesday 2 piece special is $3.49. Get 5X 2 piece specials gets you 10 pieces total for $19.72 tax in.

I wouldn't even call that a hot deal either. I'm on the fence about that and my go-to if in the mood for fried chicken. The best deal was KFC's 9 piece deal for $9.99 a few months ago. Wish they still had that.
Popeye's is delicious, but is still considerably less so than than Mary Brown's, in my opinion.

KFC really cannot even rank amongst these two... personally it's at the absolute bottom of my fast food list.
I Love deals.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
2024 posts
789 upvotes
Canada
bigjee wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:17 am
Ive tried KFC, Popeyes, MB, Jollibees, Chicken delight, Santa Lucia, 7-11, Chicken Chef.

Popeyes, Jollibees, and MB are my top picks (in no particular order; depends on mood).
KFC however is the cheapest (comparing regular chkn pc. pricing),but you get what you pay for imo.
I would suggest trying them side by side, if possible, the difference becomes apparent very quickly
You ate chicken from 7-11??!!
Oct 3, 2018
8 posts
9 upvotes
The pieces are so tiny here in Canada at KFC. I refuse to go there anymore. The crispy coating is very good, but the value just isn't there anymore. They lost me as a customer.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7873 posts
2274 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 4:58 am
isn't churchs chicken better? they usually have groupon vouchers if u can buy them with coupon code off and ebates YMMV of course... then it becomes dirt cheap! there chicken tenders combo, i get for 2$ bucks if groupon gives me a 10off code

#sorryifihijackedthread
that was the best deal going for ages. sadly, they no longer have it available. i took advantage of that deal like crazy. i would get 4 pieces of chicken with 2 sides for like $5+ including tax for their Tues special.
i still have 2 more vouchers saved up from that deal to satisfy my fried chicken cravings.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Aug 21, 2013
148 posts
72 upvotes
There's so much **** sodium that I need water in my mouth for the rest of the day but DAMN is it good.

Don't even compare to KFC, it's like comparing a Porsche to a Volvo.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
5572 posts
1061 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 1:42 pm
that was the best deal going for ages. sadly, they no longer have it available. i took advantage of that deal like crazy. i would get 4 pieces of chicken with 2 sides for like $5+ including tax for their Tues special.
i still have 2 more vouchers saved up from that deal to satisfy my fried chicken cravings.
ya, i prolly didn't use as much as u did lol but i had different groupon accounts i bought from and lost track of them. i had some expired, i found the tenders combo deal better then the 2 sandwiches deal! so they don't allow coupons on churchs anymore right or it just location ymmv...that hurontario location accepts it? cheers
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3682 posts
3616 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rhubbardblazes wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:17 am
It is VASTLY better than both KFC and Popeyes. It feels like an actual piece of chicken that came from an animal.

You also don’t want to pay more than $3.50 for two pieces of chicken so I’m not sure your ideas on value and taste are particularly useful.
You realize how many pieces of chicken $3.50 buys you in a retail store? Even considering retail, not wholesale, that's a very healthy margin on fried chicken. MB charges alot more than that for their chicken.

What else is so different about MB that they can charge 1.5x of everybody else? Surely, it's not the rent and wages. Are you suggesting their chicken are raised completely differently from everybody else(I would exclude KFC because they use baby chicks for their fried chicken).

I like MBs, but I can't help but think they would be alot more successful if their pricing was more competitive. It is still fast food, not a fancy restaurant.
Last edited by er34er34 on Jan 5th, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
1617 posts
902 upvotes
Vancouver
Tried the only mary browns near me in Abbotsford a year or so back when I was out shooting - was mediocre at very best. With churches and popeyes around I see no reason to ever go to MB.