Expired Hot Deals

[Mary Browns] Mary Brown’s Mailer Coupons (pics inside-$65 in savings) 100% Canadian

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 4:03 pm
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
AA7HBS wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:45 am
Popeye's is delicious, but is still considerably less so than than Mary Brown's, in my opinion.

KFC really cannot even rank amongst these two... personally it's at the absolute bottom of my fast food list.
KFC has it's charms. At the right price it can be a deal. For one, I prefer KFC's crust sometimes. They have a good taste to it. While I also like Popeyes, the crust isn't as tasty. But they are also less oily and have bigger pieces. So pluses and minuses. But I do enjoy KFC's flavoring though.
er34er34 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 4:26 pm
You realize how many pieces of chicken $3.50 buys you in a retail store? Even considering retail, not wholesale, that's a very healthy margin on fried chicken. MB charges alot more than that for their chicken.

What else is so different about MB that they can charge 1.5x of everybody else? Surely, it's not the rent and wages. Are you suggesting their chicken are raised completely differently from everybody else(I would exclude KFC because they use baby chicks for their fried chicken).

I like MBs, but I can't help but think they would be alot more successful if their pricing was more competitive. It is still fast food, not a fancy restaurant.
Exactly. It's all about price in the fast food game. At the right price, add in a unique twist in taste, and you will get revolving customers who will come back when they are in the mood for a different taste. But at the current price of Mary Browns, it's too expensive. I'm perfectly OK sticking with Popeyes and KFC for now at a lower price point.
Jul 3, 2011
40 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
You have absolutely no ideal what you are talking about in regards to chicken. I Only worked selling it for 4 years. Enjoy your Mechanically Seperated meat.

I’m glad many people like the cheapest chicken option around. That’s why there are different options. Chik Fil A is extremely expensive comparatively in the US. Clearly they are doing ok.

Also Mary Browns feels a lot more fast casual than KFC or Popeyes. Chipotle is a lot more expensive than Taco Bell but seems to be doing alright as well.
er34er34 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 4:26 pm
You realize how many pieces of chicken $3.50 buys you in a retail store? Even considering retail, not wholesale, that's a very healthy margin on fried chicken. MB charges alot more than that for their chicken.

What else is so different about MB that they can charge 1.5x of everybody else? Surely, it's not the rent and wages. Are you suggesting their chicken are raised completely differently from everybody else(I would exclude KFC because they use baby chicks for their fried chicken).

I like MBs, but I can't help but think they would be alot more successful if their pricing was more competitive. It is still fast food, not a fancy restaurant.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8659 posts
3065 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 2:52 pm
ya, i prolly didn't use as much as u did lol but i had different groupon accounts i bought from and lost track of them. i had some expired, i found the tenders combo deal better then the 2 sandwiches deal! so they don't allow coupons on churchs anymore right or it just location ymmv...that hurontario location accepts it? cheers
no idea about coupons. i never used those for church's. they no longer have the voucher deal posted on groupon for any location. if i knew they were going to disappear i would have stocked up more than just 2 lol. i have a few groupon accounts also. i make sure to print them off right away otherwise i would probably forget them as well.
i got the $10 deal, which I would usually get for below $5 with the different promos and ebates. great value when using it with church's daily deals...especially the Tues special. i tried the tender and sandwich deals once each but like the fried chicken much better.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
2577 posts
965 upvotes
Canada
We went to MBs tonight for supper. 9 piece meal for $24. Chicken and taters are really good. Portions are bigger than most chicken places.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7538 posts
2256 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone tried these coupons at the Scarborough location?
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4005 posts
4208 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rhubbardblazes wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 4:34 pm
You have absolutely no ideal what you are talking about in regards to chicken. I Only worked selling it for 4 years. Enjoy your Mechanically Seperated meat.

I’m glad many people like the cheapest chicken option around. That’s why there are different options. Chik Fil A is extremely expensive comparatively in the US. Clearly they are doing ok.

Also Mary Browns feels a lot more fast casual than KFC or Popeyes. Chipotle is a lot more expensive than Taco Bell but seems to be doing alright as well.
So what exactly is your point? Is MB chicken not mechanically separated?

You just keep saying this is expensive, that is expensive. What is it that makes them more expensive? Is the 50% premium really due to the cost of the chickens? Do they use some sort of expensive herb in their chicken?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17157 posts
23673 upvotes
ONTARIO
These guys make good popcorn chicken, but I find it's hit or miss. Half the time they seem to over season them and they end up way too salty. Maybe it's just my location.
The other half it's perfectly seasoned and I prefer it to KFC popcorn chicken although that's not saying much.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14165 posts
3207 upvotes
Fast food is hardly cheap anymore. Can't really blame the companies with inflation and people becoming more health conscious. Sure you have to fork over $10 now for a meal, but it's still cheaper than a restaurant so they've still got that going for them.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7837 posts
2726 upvotes
Washington, DC
When does the promo end?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Dec 1, 2006
104 posts
12 upvotes
lincoln wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 4:09 am
When does the promo end?
would like to know as well...never had MB
Oct 17, 2009
759 posts
1346 upvotes
If any of you are from Vancouver Island, do yourself a massive favor and try out Lee's Famous Chicken. They have a few locations scattered across the island. Blew my mind. KFC is dead to me. Mary's is a nice alternative to KFC, but they have failed to crack the BC market, sadly.
KFC is vile. I worked there for two weeks during highschool. Avoid the gravy. AVOID THE GRAVY.
Jul 23, 2007
106 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
MB has no love for Quebec :(
I don't mind opening one off i had the money.
Jun 12, 2017
65 posts
140 upvotes
Belleville, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 1:41 am
These guys make good popcorn chicken, but I find it's hit or miss. Half the time they seem to over season them and they end up way too salty. Maybe it's just my location.
The other half it's perfectly seasoned and I prefer it to KFC popcorn chicken although that's not saying much.
I usually get the popins and it is common at my location too. But I love salt so I dont mind. I have a lot of family that dont care for salt though.
FYI do the survey which takes 2-3 mins to get %15 off. I do this everytime I go. Not quite as good as the coupon at %25 but considering you can do it everytime you go I say AYO thanks MB
Koodo $60/10gb
3gb Fido LG Gpad III (w/ $50 BB Giftcard)
Fido Flex $10/1-5gb-$35 w/ Sierra Aircard 763s
Pepsi Retro live long & prosper