Expired Hot Deals

[Mary Browns] Mary Brown's app + partner apps trick - 11% to 21%+ cashback on every order

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2021 10:37 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 20, 2017
964 posts
1126 upvotes

Mary Brown's app + partner apps trick - 11% to 21%+ cashback on every order

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Mary Browns
So the new mary brown's app now allows you to add American express. It still lists only Visa/MC when you go to add a card, but there new provider now accepts amex.
So that means 5% cash back with cobalt (or at least 6% if you do marriott points).

In addition, for a long time now you could earn 5+5 = 10% cash back with Mary Browns, if you used a supported card by stacking both Paymi and Ampli cash back. They support all the big 5 banks cards, but the best card to use is Amex cobalt, which is also supported by both apps. Each app gives 5% cash back and requires no effort other than signing up and linking your card. Once done, your good to go, and they'll send you an e-transfer once you hit the min ($15 iirc).

And unlike other partners, Mary has been a partner for ages. Pretty much since day 1 on paymi, so several years now, and at least a year now on ampli. So this isn't a limited time deal.

Simply sign up to both, add you card to both apps and the mary browns app, and get huge cash back.

They even have a nice loyalty program, I did the math on it and it works out to about 6% on average (higher redemption items being a tad better, but the base ones are fair too), so all told 21% return with it all stacked. (Or just a tad less depending on which credit card you use) . The min redemption is a small gravy , and there's no expiration that i've seen so you don't have to be particularly loyal either to benefit.

Only catch is the ampli offer: It's no minimum purchase require for your first 5%, but future purchases requires $25 min order to get 5% from it, but hey order a family pack, well worth it :) Paymi has no minimum, unlimited transactions.

And ya they deserve more business. They are big in the maritimes with one on every corner/ every tiny baytown, but not many in ontario or west coast as they aren't so well known. So yea they are probably the most expensive as a base price for there chicken, but considering all these cashback sources, they become very competitive and are by far the most delicious/highest quality chicken.

Both ampli and paymi also have referral bonuses for signing up, usually $5 after your first offer.

I've linked there secret website for ordering too. It works basically the same as the app from my testing: https://smooth.menu/mary-browns/menu/
Last edited by Eleventeen on May 13th, 2021 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
40 replies
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2017
552 posts
421 upvotes
That's too much work for some chicken but upvote for the passionate post of trying to save as much money as possible
Banned
User avatar
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond Hill
An essay on buying chicken. I like
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18659 posts
3031 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
It's not clear which chain out there has the best fried chicken, but MB's certainly wins the tiebreaker with their potato wedges.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 20, 2017
964 posts
1126 upvotes
Benzat17 wrote: That's too much work for some chicken but upvote for the passionate post of trying to save as much money as possible
Ya it's a fair bit of work for the initial setup.

But once done, it's actually very fast since you can use the drive thru as normal and than it's just a quick scan of the QR code.

And you get most of the benefits anyways without using the app too. For a lifelong mary browns lover like me, well worth it. Just wish the one really close didn't close down.

And the ampli/paymi apps are good for more than just chicken. Some ppl earned $1000+ a year on em. I got a couple hundred just casually using them. They are a ton less work thru ur usual click through portals cuz they just work once set up, no click throughs required. There's also drop so you can rarely triple stack offers too.

Select locations in newfoundland also take amex no problem. It's mostly just the ontario guys you need to use the app hack.
Last edited by Eleventeen on Apr 19th, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member
Jun 22, 2009
468 posts
236 upvotes
I've been to the dufferin location few times and disappointed.. Chicken is way too small.
Spciy chicken is simply paprika sparkled on top..

Used to be better.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 20, 2017
964 posts
1126 upvotes
swordy wrote: I've been to the dufferin location few times and disappointed.. Chicken is way too small.
Spciy chicken is simply paprika sparkled on top..

Used to be better.
mm yea that's too bad. Always nice big quality pieces in kitchener. Insanely bigger than KFCs pathetic cuts, and bigger than double double's normal pieces too. Same for pretty much any location in there OG province: newfoundland.

The waterloo location tried to do that for a bit before basically stealing MBs recipe and converting it to his own restaurant.. Than later failing, getting bought by some chinese guys and them failing at making any decent chicken and going out of business too. Dunno why so hard to run a chicken restaurant properly in ontario.

Ultimately it's all franchised, they have to use the official spices, sauces, taters and such but i guess the owners can be dumb and source cheap crappy chicken if they want, though doesn't seem to happen on the east coast.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 20, 2017
964 posts
1126 upvotes
i6s1 wrote: It's not clear which chain out there has the best fried chicken, but MB's certainly wins the tiebreaker with their potato wedges.
Ya there wedges are legendary, dunno how why anyone bothers with their fries.
What do u think they are closed to?

Oddly enough i think double double pizza and chicken has the 2nd best wedges. There chicken is pretty average, but awesome wedges at my local one. (But i'd say YMMV on those because there are 2 in my city and the other one is awful)

And yea they don't specialize in anything spicy, not really newfies style. They tried various things over the years but ultimately there regular recipe is always the best. Most ontario locations do get that ppl love spice here tho so you can at least get quality hot sauce there, so i recommend that over ordering spicy. Just get regular and ask for lots of hot sauce, it's pretty good stuff. Though if you getting chicken fingers, get the bbq sauce, there bbq sauce is epic.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
7057 posts
1211 upvotes
Ottawa
I tried the wedges twice after the hype but it was nasty both times. Not sure if I got unlucky twice. Their burger was yummy.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
15842 posts
4575 upvotes
Scarberia
Does the scotiabank amex gold get 5x with the app order? What's there online merchant code as?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Member
Jun 22, 2009
468 posts
236 upvotes
haha, that sounds like a totally different experience.

I don't think I have a picture anymore but the thigh was the size of that white plastic form tip that they have provided.

was a disappointment.
Newbie
Oct 15, 2019
77 posts
132 upvotes
i will upvote any post with mary brown's because it's a fantastic chicken burger and the spicy version is truly spicy and only 3.99 on mondays
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3813 posts
3897 upvotes
GTA
Eleventeen wrote: So the new mary brown's app now allows you to add American express. It still lists only Visa/MC when you go to add a card, but there new provider now accepts amex.
So that means 5% cash back with cobalt (or at least 6% if you do marriott points).

In addition, for a long time now you could earn 5+5 = 10% cash back with Mary Browns, if you used a supported card by stacking both Paymi and Ampli cash back. They support all the big 5 banks cards, but the best card to use is Amex cobalt, which is also supported by both apps. Each app gives 5% cash back and requires no effort other than signing up and linking your card. Once done, your good to go, and they'll send you an e-transfer once you hit the min ($15 iirc).

And unlike other partners, Mary has been a partner for ages. Pretty much since day 1 on paymi, so several years now, and at least a year now on ampli. So this isn't a limited time deal.

Simply sign up to both, add you card to both apps and the mary browns app, and get huge cash back.

They even have a nice loyalty program, I did the math on it and it works out to about 6% on average (higher redemption items being a tad better, but the base ones are fair too), so all told 21% return with it all stacked. (Or just a tad less depending on which credit card you use) . The min redemption is a small gravy , and there's no expiration that i've seen so you don't have to be particularly loyal either to benefit.

Only catch is the ampli offer requires $25 min order to get 5% from it, but hey order a family pack, well worth it :) Paymi has no minimum.

And ya they deserve more business. They are big in the maritimes with one on every corner/ every tiny baytown, but not many in ontario or west coast as they aren't so well known. So yea they are probably the most expensive as a base price for there chicken, but considering all these cashback sources, they become very competitive and are by far the most delicious/highest quality chicken.

I've linked there secret website for ordering too. It works basically the same as the app from my testing: https://smooth.menu/mary-browns/menu/
I am a little confused as to how you can use Ampli with Amex for the Mary Brown's 5%.

Previously, I connected my bank account, added RBC CC and then removed bank account.

Therefore, I would need to add back my bank account and to add/use my Amex, need to login to Amex account via Ampli?

Not sure if I want to access any accounts via Ampli, other than RBC login.

Sigh, guess I will have to read up on Paymi to see if want to sign up for another app! lol
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18659 posts
3031 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
It's Monday, time for a Big Mary.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 20, 2017
964 posts
1126 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: I am a little confused as to how you can use Ampli with Amex for the Mary Brown's 5%.

Previously, I connected my bank account, added RBC CC and then removed bank account.

Therefore, I would need to add back my bank account and to add/use my Amex, need to login to Amex account via Ampli?

Not sure if I want to access any accounts via Ampli, other than RBC login.

Sigh, guess I will have to read up on Paymi to see if want to sign up for another app! lol
Um you have to leave the bank account or credit card account connected for it to work.
If you trust them with RBC, no different trusting them with amex. You can link as many as you like, RBC is not required. They have nothing to do with RBC , other than RBC being there biggest investor/shareholder.

Keep in mind it's a mega corp that's' been around several years with a perfectly good reputation, there's no risk here. There are also no humans that get access to your account, it's all done by computers and your password is encrypted. Once it's logged in, no one at amplii / paymi or drop can access your details, only the server. They all use the same or very similar login tech that the US systems use that been around for over a decade that like 10 million+ people use... Canada is actually lucky ours are not all unified, because in the US , soon as you link one, it unlinks all the others, so you cant double/triple dip like you can here.

Paymi is the simplest of the 3 cuz they are very slow to change any offers. So seems the most stable. Especially for mary brown's, been on there for years.

Thousands of ppl on Red Flag deals have been using all 3 just fine for years. You can search up each one on the forums here, tons of threads. All 3 are safe. (Drop has no mary browns offer tho, never has that i've seen)
Last edited by Eleventeen on Apr 26th, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 20, 2017
964 posts
1126 upvotes
Update: Had a report from my brother that he couldn't add his Amex to the app. He has an iphone. Could be a limitation with the iphone app. Works fine on android. I'll try to add his card on my phone later.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18659 posts
3031 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Adding Amex worked fine for me on Android as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3813 posts
3897 upvotes
GTA
Eleventeen wrote: Um you have to leave the bank account or credit card account connected for it to work.
If you trust them with RBC, no different trusting them with amex. You can link as many as you like, RBC is not required. They have nothing to do with RBC , other than RBC being there biggest investor/shareholder.

Keep in mind it's a mega corp that's' been around several years with a perfectly good reputation, there's no risk here. There are also no humans that get access to your account, it's all done by computers and your password is encrypted. Once it's logged in, no one at amplii / paymi or drop can access your details, only the server. They all use the same or very similar login tech that the US systems use that been around for over a decade that like 10 million+ people use... Canada is actually lucky ours are not all unified, because in the US , soon as you link one, it unlinks all the others, so you cant double/triple dip like you can here.

Paymi is the simplest of the 3 cuz they are very slow to change any offers. So seems the most stable. Especially for mary brown's, been on there for years.

Thousands of ppl on Red Flag deals have been using all 3 just fine for years. You can search up each one on the forums here, tons of threads. All 3 are safe. (Drop has no mary browns offer tho, never has that i've seen)
Yep, we used Ampli late last year for Sporting Life Offer so received good Ampli New User + RBC Offer bonuses. Added our bank account first and then deleted after adding RBC CC; no issues with using it for the SL offer, with ONLY a CC attached to our Ampli accounts.

Will see if any Mary Brown's near us and whether we want to go the Ampli/Paymi route for it, since as you said, min $25 order with Ampli, to receive 5% back.

Thanks for the additional info.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2013
3892 posts
4186 upvotes
Ottawa
i6s1 wrote: It's not clear which chain out there has the best fried chicken, but MB's certainly wins the tiebreaker with their potato wedges.
Best chicken sandwich too. Monday's are my favourite day to eat out now. $8 for the original and spicy chicken sandwich is always a joy.
Tampa Bay Lightning; Back to back Stanley Cup Champions!! ⚡⚡
Milwaukee Bucks; 2020-21 NBA Champions! 🦌

First time ever that both my teams in different sports win the championship in their respective league.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3282 posts
3044 upvotes
Ontario
gamerindreams wrote: i will upvote any post with mary brown's because it's a fantastic chicken burger and the spicy version is truly spicy and only 3.99 on mondays
i6s1 wrote: It's Monday, time for a Big Mary.
Batarang wrote: Best chicken sandwich too. Monday's are my favourite day to eat out now. $8 for the original and spicy chicken sandwich is always a joy.
You guys just convinced me to try this on Monday. Do they have daily specials like Popeyes? I like the Tues Leg/Thigh $3.49 special. The pieces are decent size.

Top