PC & Video Games

Mass effect legendary edition ps5 ...replay ?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 9:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1184 posts
315 upvotes
Montréal

Mass effect legendary edition ps5 ...replay ?

Hi !
i've played Mass effect serie on the xbox (or ps3...cant remember !), is it the kind of game that deserve to be play again ?
Last edited by tostaky on Sep 3rd, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Aug 20, 2009
9097 posts
4392 upvotes
Absolutely. It has great replay value due to the branching narrative and character choices. The first game still features some pretty dated gameplay but it oozes atmosphere and sets up the rest of the trilogy. Also has one of my favorite musical scores of all time, great synth heavy stuff.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2461 posts
2657 upvotes
Toronto
Yes.

Pro Tip: Legendary Edition can get away with doing just the main stuff and ignoring most of the boring side missions. Saves you the grind because the meat is in the companions and story. The filler was not done well back then and still isn't fun now. Ending is what it is but Bioware basically wrote themselves into a corner from the very first line so...
Bored...
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10237 posts
4512 upvotes
Even with the revised and extended ending, the Mass Effect trilogy ends on a lazily done and ultimately unsatisfactory ending.

EA Bioware could learn from Square Enix when it comes to game endings for an RPG.

BYan wrote: Yes.

Pro Tip: Legendary Edition can get away with doing just the main stuff and ignoring most of the boring side missions. Saves you the grind because the meat is in the companions and story. The filler was not done well back then and still isn't fun now. Ending is what it is but Bioware basically wrote themselves into a corner from the very first line so...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6151 posts
2361 upvotes
Definitely, I've gone through ME and ME2 so far, looking forward to jumping into ME3 as I've only played that once all the way through. One of my biggest gripes with ME was the atrocious load times, but with the Legendary Edition things are super snappy, so moving around the Citadel is way faster using the rapid transit or elevators. Definitely worth playing through again