• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2015 7:44 pm
Jan 16, 2013
61 posts
53 upvotes
MONTR

Mass Fidelity Core, high end Bluetooth Speaker

Hello There,
I backed this really interesting speaker on IndieGogo few months ago : http://massfidelity.com/

I never had the chance to listen to it. (I know I trusted my instincts ^_^)
It should be delivered by june and I can't wait..

I believe the company HQ is at Toronto and organized some demo days for the people around.

Does anyone on the forum had the chance to hear it ?
And what do you think about it ?
Thanks
1 reply
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211308 upvotes
GTA
Interesting - so this is very similar to Sonos - they even have a wireless sub! I know that it's basically bluetooth streaming, so you can play essentially any music source from your phone/tablet on the device, BUT one major advantage that I see with Sonos is the many music sources that are supported in their app. You can use the one app to search across all sources, switch from say Rdio to Spotify within the same app, etc. With Core, you would be switching between various apps if you wanted to listen to these same sources. I mean, don't get me wrong, there's no issue if you are just in Spotify all the time and if that gives you most of what you need, but if you want to explore and switch between more music sources easily, I think Sonos has an advantage there. If this product is as they advertise, and the sound quality is better than any of Sonos' units, I would definitely consider that an incredible feat, considering how much smaller this unit is, and considering that most Sonos owners (myself included) are quite satisfied with the sound quality.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)