Hot Deals

[Massdrop] Amazing bang for the buck Hi-Fi IEM's, BGVP DMG (Ends at 3am EST today!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 3:39 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7047 posts
2365 upvotes
GVR
How are these compare to SE846?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2377 posts
733 upvotes
Very tempted to pick these up since my ancient UEs IEMs finally died, but not sure if I'll get much use out of them since I have Sennheiser 598s, NAD HP50s and Alessandro MS1s and MS2s...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1990 posts
975 upvotes
Montreal
Leverage wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 1:33 pm
Several reports of people being burned with duty charges from Massdrop orders, YMMV - buyer beware.
not "burned" but some fees yes. I got about 20$ CAD of fees for a 200$ USD pair of headphones.
Aug 30, 2015
4 posts
2 upvotes
Canada
I just received my DMG before Christmas and this has been my favorite IEM so far. I have KZ ZSN and AS10 and my DMG is way better.

I'm currently using it nightly before I sleep. For $100USD its a good deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2377 posts
733 upvotes
Thanks OP. I bit the bullet and placed an order to use as my travel 'phones. Now to pare down my headphone collection.
Jun 14, 2004
160 posts
9 upvotes
stevelam wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 5:39 pm
wil these actually hold up over time? not that confident in china brand headphones
The cables are detachable and can be bought separately for around $20-$30.

If you're worried about the actual build quality of the actual earbuds, here's a teardown of them:
Jul 8, 2005
989 posts
124 upvotes
I am really liking the 1More quad drivers that I bought for 99 bucks. How would these compare to them? Does anyone have both of them/has anyone listened to both back to back for some time?
Jun 14, 2004
160 posts
9 upvotes
feminazi wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:57 pm
I am really liking the 1More quad drivers that I bought for 99 bucks. How would these compare to them? Does anyone have both of them/has anyone listened to both back to back for some time?
Crinacle, who is really well-known in the Audiophile community and on reddit.com/r/headphones, has compiled a list of best to worst headphones he has heard before. He ranked the BGVP DMG much higher than the 1More Quad Driver as shown below:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/crinacl ... te.857498/
[OP]
Jan 9, 2017
76 posts
64 upvotes
evoviii wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:06 am
Coulda had the 1more quads during boxing day for $99 on amazon. Maybe those will come around and not worry about duties
A lot of reviews actually compared these to the 1more quads because they're one of the best on the same price range. Literally all the reviews I've read comparing both said these blow the quads out of the water and that it's not close. If the quads sound anything like the 1more trips, I believe it, cause I had the trips, DSP corrected, EQed, etc and really loved them before the DMGs.

Like someone else mentioned here, these are rated way above the quads in crinacle's very large tier list.

Antdroid's review on headfi says they're way better than the quads in every way too https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bgvp-dmg.23283/reviews
His same review on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/com ... ou_wallet/

Regarding the duties I wasn't charged a penny more than the 99.99 I paid for the iems and the 3.25 I paid for shipping. People in the GTA will probably get similar mileage.
chatbox wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:02 am
How are these compare to SE846?
SE846 is rated as a grade B by crinacle, DMG as B- so very close. Probably comes down to sound signature preference with the se846 having the edge, being the more expensive iem and all.
nadrojcote wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:47 pm
How do they compare to KZ ES4's? I'm really happy with them for the price.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CRK ... UTF8&psc=1
Not even close. These blow out kz's more expensive iems according to reviews. Even the Knowles drivers used in kz's more expensive iems aren't as good as the ones used in the DMGs, and cheaper even though they're at the same price point (I looked into their oem prices)
stevelam wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 5:39 pm
wil these actually hold up over time? not that confident in china brand headphones
The buds themselves are already great quality, full metal housing, very solid and well put together feeling. The cable is replaceable.. yet it's the best cable I've owned.
feminazi wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:57 pm
See what I say at the top of this reply!
Last edited by lemon07r on Jan 11th, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3728 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
Future Shop Employee wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:52 pm
The cables are detachable and can be bought separately for around $20-$30.

If you're worried about the actual build quality of the actual earbuds, here's a teardown of them:
interesting. would be interested but i dont like these wrap-around-the-ear type of IEMS. gonna look for some alternatives!
[OP]
Jan 9, 2017
76 posts
64 upvotes
stevelam wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:29 pm
interesting. would be interested but i dont like these wrap-around-the-ear type of IEMS. gonna look for some alternatives!
I was iffy about the wraparound too since I've never owned any iems of the sort. Honestly these fit fine even without the wrapping around but you can't even feel them when you do have them wrapped it around, it's very loose and the iems are super comfortable, can't go wrong with them. Easily the most comfortable I've owned.

I'd check out the gr07 iems if you prefer not have wrap around. That's what the hifi community usually recommends at that price. The 1more quad drivers are pretty decent too (I liked my trips a lot though not as much my DMGs or my Sennheiser momentum iems). The Sennheiser momentum iems can be had for pretty cheap these days too, liked them more than my 1more trips. Hope you find something you like.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12691 posts
1221 upvotes
Mississauga
Wish these were wireless. My main needs are during commute..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)