Hot Deals

[Massdrop] Amazing bang for the buck Hi-Fi IEM's, BGVP DMG (Ends at 3am EST today!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 3:39 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2017
76 posts
64 upvotes
weedb0y wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:15 pm
Wish these were wireless. My main needs are during commute..
That's no biggie. Luckily these iems use mmcx connectors. Just search mmcx Bluetooth on Amazon
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
5255 posts
985 upvotes
op might wanna put in earbuds in title, i had NO clue what these were lol..thought maybe a cheap amp!
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3307 posts
726 upvotes
Home
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 5:00 am
op might wanna put in earbuds in title, i had NO clue what these were lol..thought maybe a cheap amp!
Title does say IEM...In-Ear Monitors.
Koodo $40 6GB
Feb 11, 2016
145 posts
74 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 5:00 am
These are not earbuds. Earbuds are those types supplied with iPhones a few generations ago. These are called In ear monitors and they are mentioned as IEMs only.

The price seems right but I won't buy from Massdrop being a Canadian. Massdrop's after sales service is poor. Also, the build quality of products produced for Massdrop is not that great. You can read about it in their website.
Jul 31, 2008
29 posts
19 upvotes
Airdrie, Alberta
Grabbed a set, see how they compare to my ATH-M40x. Just got into headphones a bit more and would love something a bit more portable once I start taking the bus to work...

Thanks OP!
[OP]
Jan 9, 2017
76 posts
64 upvotes
frugalfruit wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 10:31 am
These are not earbuds. Earbuds are those types supplied with iPhones a few generations ago. These are called In ear monitors and they are mentioned as IEMs only.

The price seems right but I won't buy from Massdrop being a Canadian. Massdrop's after sales service is poor. Also, the build quality of products produced for Massdrop is not that great. You can read about it in their website.
I can't speak for service since I haven't had any issues with them yet but quality is entirely dependant on the drop and who is supplying the drop. The BGVP DMGs aren't being produced and supplied by Massdrop, things produced and supplied by Massdrop will usually have a "x Massdrop" or "Massdrop x" in the title. Even then, those drops are usually partnered, and quality could be dependant on who Massdrop is doing the drop with. Iwon't speak for other drops, just like I didn't speak for this one till AFTER I ordered, recieved and verified the quality for myself, but the IEMs from this drop are in fact very good quality. Better quality than my 1more triple driver iems which were already great quality iems that have lasted me a few years already. A good way to figure out which drops are quality drops are just to read through the reviews and discussion section of the drop, I usually avoid anything that doesn't have a lot of feedback yet or bad feedback. I did post pictures but I don't think it does the build quality and feel enough justice, they both look and feel really well built.
Nov 6, 2013
18 posts
21 upvotes
Sault Ste. Marie, On…
Has anyone used these as in-ear monitors in an actual live music performance setting?
Feb 28, 2015
422 posts
70 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Don't have any exp with massdrop and I am not sure whether i need iems for 100$.. currently using cheap 15$ zircon rock iems which are pretty bassy and produce "good" sound quality at least for my liking.. wondering whether to try these out ..hmmm :)
[OP]
Jan 9, 2017
76 posts
64 upvotes
suavij wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:38 pm
Has anyone used these as in-ear monitors in an actual live music performance setting?
Sorry boss, haven't used them in such a setting but using them on the bus daily to college, which is always packed. Bus broke down one time and I didn't even realize cause I couldn't hear. Good sound isolation with the foam tips but I think that probably goes for any headphones with good tips.
nahsha wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 4:17 pm
Don't have any exp with massdrop and I am not sure whether i need iems for 100$.. currently using cheap 15$ zircon rock iems which are pretty bassy and produce "good" sound quality at least for my liking.. wondering whether to try these out ..hmmm :)
I've actually owned a pair of those. Loved them. Owned a ton of cheap iems from the brainwaves delta, Panasonic, Phillips, etc before I got into more expensive IEMs. Zircons were definitely one of my favorites but I think most of my more expensive ones sounded better, including the DMGs, 1more triple drivers, and Sennheiser momentums, the DMGs being my favorite. They're worth it if you've got the money to blow but if you like what you have and don't want to spend money on new buds I'd just stay with those till they break. My issue with cheap buds is that they never lasted long so I ended up spending a ton anyways. My momentums sounded great but didn't last long either. 1more triple drivers didn't sound as good but were way better built, still working years later. The DMGs seem to be even better built but only time will tell. They have detachable cables anyways which already eliminates my number one culprit.. broken cables. All my previous iems have stopped working cause of the cables eventually breaking. So I'm happy if I get at least two things, detachable cables and good sound.
Jul 8, 2005
988 posts
124 upvotes
Thanks a lot lemon! I bought them in blue . . .the red looked kind of neat but I don't really care what colour my IEMs are to be honest. I don't buy headphones for fashion personally.

I am really looking forward to hearing these vs the 1More Quads I bought during the Boxing Day lightning deal!

If the CAD wasn't so awfully low vs the USD this would be an even better deal but I don't see how anyone can complain about getting a pair of killer IEMs for ~130 bucks shipped!
[OP]
Jan 9, 2017
76 posts
64 upvotes
feminazi wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 8:25 pm
Thanks a lot lemon! I bought them in blue . . .the red looked kind of neat but I don't really care what colour my IEMs are to be honest. I don't buy headphones for fashion personally.

I am really looking forward to hearing these vs the 1More Quads I bought during the Boxing Day lightning deal!

If the CAD wasn't so awfully low vs the USD this would be an even better deal but I don't see how anyone can complain about getting a pair of killer IEMs for ~130 bucks shipped!
Not a big fan of colored headphones/accessories but the blue reminded me of the subaru blue, actually looks quite nice in person.

Let us know how they sound once you get them :)
Feb 11, 2016
145 posts
74 upvotes
feminazi wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 8:25 pm

You have drunk the kool-aid. I was one in the past. I have spent around $2000 and ended up with ~40 earphones and headphones. There has been an explosion of cheap chinese earphones in the past 3 or 4 years. None stand out and they are absolutely not better than established companies like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica and others.

I end up using the Panasonic HJE-120 ($10) while on the move or use my $60 Philips SHP-9500 at home. I always use a parametric equalizer to fix any shortcomings.

My advice is to stick with German or Japanese audio manufacturers. They have spent millions over the past 50 years on R&D and know how to design headphones/earphones.
Oct 11, 2016
217 posts
105 upvotes
lemon07r wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:26 pm
A lot of reviews actually compared these to the 1more quads because they're one of the best on the same price range. Literally all the reviews I've read comparing both said these blow the quads out of the water and that it's not close. If the quads sound anything like the 1more trips, I believe it, cause I had the trips, DSP corrected, EQed, etc and really loved them before the DMGs.
The sentiment about these is that they have awful QC, and if I'm spending 100$ on headphones they better last.

Also I have the Quad and Triple Driver's, and there's a large noticeable difference in soundstage, separation and clarity. They sound a LOT better than triple's and there's no comparison apart form the bass, which is identical.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)