Expired Hot Deals

[Massgenie.com] US ONLY: Google Home Hub $73.95 USD + Free Shipping ($144 USD for 2)

[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
511 posts
193 upvotes
Kitchener

US ONLY: Google Home Hub $73.95 USD + Free Shipping ($144 USD for 2)

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
April 17, 2019
Retailer:
Massgenie.com
Google Home Hub 7" Touchscreen Smart Display Personal Assistant - $73.95

Available Colors -
Chalk:
https://www.massgenie.com/google-home-h ... Wzb8jHOF0A

Charcoal:
https://www.massgenie.com/google-home-h ... WgTX.JnUpQ

Also in 2-Packs
Chalk:
https://www.massgenie.com/2-pack-google ... xFYB3XxzOw
$144.95

Charcoal:
https://www.massgenie.com/2-pack-google ... j.EMOHqJpQ
$144.95

Note, you must be logged into your account and click on the "Join Power Deal" circle button to add item to cart
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 17th, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
26 replies
Nov 22, 2015
481 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
And if they do what about import and fees?
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
511 posts
193 upvotes
Kitchener
beer_baron3 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:07 am
Do they ship to canada?
I don't think they ship to Canada, even for payment USA is the only option.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1374 posts
823 upvotes
Waterloo
Looks to be US only. parcel forwarder required.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
511 posts
193 upvotes
Kitchener
Sicklyslick wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:18 am
Looks to be US only. parcel forwarder required.
Yeah, in my case my relative lives in Niagara Falls, so they can simply go cross the board and pick it up.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1662 posts
605 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
They don't seem to take Canadian credit cards. Boo.
Aug 22, 2007
45 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Every once in a while I feel the need to post just to try and dissuade people from buying these.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against home assistants, they're super cool and handy, but I really really recommend waiting for one that's sold by a company with better privacy track records than Google and Amazon.

You're really selling out absurd amounts of deeply personal data to giant tracking / advertising companies. And tracking / advertising is the charitable way of describing them, spying/manipulating is a lot more accurate in many ways.
Sep 30, 2015
418 posts
427 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Penguin Warlord wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:39 am
Every once in a while I feel the need to post just to try and dissuade people from buying these.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against home assistants, they're super cool and handy, but I really really recommend waiting for one that's sold by a company with better privacy track records than Google and Amazon.

You're really selling out absurd amounts of deeply personal data to giant tracking / advertising companies. And tracking / advertising is the charitable way of describing them, spying/manipulating is a lot more accurate in many ways.
Really, I'm so thankful you decided to jump in and post this for us!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1662 posts
605 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
Penguin Warlord wrote:

And how is any of that different from the cell phone you carry in your pocket?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1374 posts
823 upvotes
Waterloo
Penguin Warlord wrote:

Go buy the homepod then.
Feb 14, 2019
123 posts
62 upvotes
Sicklyslick wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:55 am
Go buy the homepod then.
I don't know anyone that has a homepod. Do people buy these?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3098 posts
2464 upvotes
Toronto
i think this is getting discontinued next month
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1644 posts
1504 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Penguin Warlord wrote:

If you're rfd, you're already screwed
If you're on Facebook/twitter/LinkedIn and all the other subscription websites, you're already screwed
If you're on a free website, then you're the product and are already screwed
If you've used any search engine, you're already screwed
If you're on an Android, iOS, Windows phone, you're already screwed
If you're using Windows or Mac, you're already screwed

And if you don't use any of those services but your family and friends are using those services, then you're already screwed

Unless you live in a forest and away from civilization, you're already screwed

That said, I really wish our politicians were like Europe's ones and enact something like the GDRP or whatever it's called. Better regulations on all these data companies is needed
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1713 posts
1737 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Nexzen wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 11:28 am
i think this is getting discontinued next month
It's not being discontinued exactly, just re-branded to Google Nest Hub. HJardware is staying the same, they are only changing the packaging and intro video as the GHH actually has no GHH branding. I anticipate that next month when it's being re-released as the Google Nest Hub, the packaging will be billingual and it will be officially available in Canada, with a higher price tag of course!

In regards to MassGenie, this is a super big YMMV, as they do not ship to Canada and it will not accept Canadian CC's even with US billing address (which works for me on other sites like BestBuy.com and Walmart.com) for this reason this deal is COLD, when you can factor in the $144 USD (approx $200 CDN) plus local US taxes, plus CDN taxes/duty if you use a forwarder, plus forwarding fees..

example of total fees you might be looking at
$200.00 (CDN)
+$14.00 (NY taxes - example)
+$26.00 (HST - ON example)
+$12.00 (forwarding fee - CrossBorderPickups)
-----------------------
$252.00 CDN (plus some sort of duty, as I've been charged duty in the past for smart speakers and smart displays from the US)

So lets say you are charged duty on the "low end" ($20), that is a minimum $272 for 2 GHHs. That is a lot of "ifs" when you can just order from Amazon.ca and have it in hand in a day with prime shipping for $145.96 (NO TAXES)...

amazon-ca-google-home-hub-c-smart-displ ... #p30802258