Automotive

Master Piece of Intelligence Tour (mercedes-benz)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2016 5:27 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1066 posts
452 upvotes

Master Piece of Intelligence Tour (mercedes-benz)

Looks like they have replaced the fascination tour from previous years with master piece of intelligence tour. This is supposed to be for the 2017 E class only. I am not sure which trim will be available at the event. Definitely does not seem as exciting as the fascination tour with all the AMGs. I signed up anyway.

https://masterpieceofintelligencetour.mercedes-benz.ca/

By the way, does anyone know if other manufacturers have similar events?
8 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29220 posts
14991 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty well others have something similar. Audi (I'd been for their Q3, I think 2 summers ago, relatively small scale), BMW for their X5 and other models.

Thanks. I signed up as well. July 9 3:45pm session.

For this new gen E class, I only know Canada will get the E300 first (actually, it's already in dealer showrooms already this week), the E400 can be ordered now, the timeline is for August production and delivery in around late October. However, there is a tiny chance the E400 may not come but instead the E43 will come instead. For this demo, it is pretty well known the E300 will be the showcase piece of demo.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1066 posts
452 upvotes
Really?! the new E is already in the showroom? The site says drive the new E before it hits the showroom! So one could just schedule a test drive with a dealership then. Hope they at least set up the course so they can showcase the new tech.
I signed up for the Clagary one. I think 10am. Not sure if I will go now. Please update your experience dafter you go.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29220 posts
14991 upvotes
Toronto
kkkat wrote: Really?! the new E is already in the showroom? The site says drive the new E before it hits the showroom! So one could just schedule a test drive with a dealership then. Hope they at least set up the course so they can showcase the new tech.
I signed up for the Clagary one. I think 10am. Not sure if I will go now. Please update your experience dafter you go.
Based on the visit to my local MB (Toronto) 3 weeks ago, the SA showed on his computer the first batch of E class vehicles already in Halifax and should be at local MB dealers by end June, if not earlier. Now, if MB Canada decides to hold off on the official release past June, then my SA would be somewhat surprised as the US dealers have already gotten the cars almost 2 weeks ago and released to the buyers.

As for test drive, I am assuming it is a go as long the dealer has one. My SA said most of the cars are pre-ordered by customers but each dealer should have a few on hands for test drive purpose.
Sep 30, 2001
28558 posts
7735 upvotes
Toronto
I found this event to be terribly boring. The E300s were pre-prod and some of the overly engineered features didn't work properly (auto parking, auto braking). Nice car but those nanny features would drive me bonkers.
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Sep 25, 2009
617 posts
71 upvotes
Mississauga
Features are neat. Self drving cars will not come from nowhere, and this is a step towards the direction.
"canadian" versions will be neutralized and a lot of features will be removed, engine de-tuned etc...

Just curious - if radars detected a racoon will it brake or not?
"if you torture the data long enough nature will confess" Economist Ronald Coase - University of Chicago
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4218 posts
3142 upvotes
Markham
ncc.1701 wrote: Features are neat. Self drving cars will not come from nowhere, and this is a step towards the direction.
"canadian" versions will be neutralized and a lot of features will be removed, engine de-tuned etc...

Just curious - if radars detected a racoon will it brake or not?
Radar can't reliably detect animals or humans. Camera is used for those sort of detections and you can be sure it won't brake for anything small enough that the programmers decided it won't be a threat to the car or the occupants.

Volvo has large animal detection which covers moose, beara and the like, whit in constraints of camera detection system.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29220 posts
14991 upvotes
Toronto
I am going this afternoon ... let's see what this new E can do
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29220 posts
14991 upvotes
Toronto
Finished with the event.

Only demonstration of the e class auto parking function and accident avoidance functions. That is, letting the car's computer doing the mentioned. No real life test drive situation for the event at all. Therefore, not really a worthwhile event to attend, imo.

Note: car is e300 with premium package. Interior finishes is pretty nice. The new displays are like iPad and color is vivid .