Link

From 99.99 to 69.99

and free shipping code GIFTS350
79 replies
Oct 28, 2003
77 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
they dont go on sale very often, but I would say atleast once or twice every 6 months like most of their tools.

Id love to pick one up, but ive never seen em go below 30% ish, and Im waiting for the 60 or 70 % ish at the minimum!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2572 posts
3458 upvotes
Toronto
I've personally never seen any good quality ones on sale for more than 20%...

and I've been waiting for 1 year... or more
Jan 25, 2004
972 posts
1 upvote
i bought one last time they were on sale, a must have if you're changing your own winter wheels/tires
My eBay Feedback
Heatware ID SledBC
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2242 posts
765 upvotes
Montreal
Totally agree with that. Once you've tried that you always want to use it...

And you really find out that you were really tightening those nuts too much! ;)
sledbc wrote:i bought one last time they were on sale, a must have if you're changing your own winter wheels/tires
Nov 17, 2003
519 posts
75 upvotes
If you can't wait for one to go cheaper at CT, I recommend getting one from Princess Auto. Picked up a 1/2 " drive model on sale for $28.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1571 posts
169 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Tolo wrote:If you can't wait for one to go cheaper at CT, I recommend getting one from Princess Auto. Picked up a 1/2 " drive model on sale for $28.
So did I. I thought it was 19.99. quality wise it seems alright, but i have no experience with these.
Nov 17, 2003
519 posts
75 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:So did I. I thought it was 19.99. quality wise it seems alright, but i have no experience with these.
ChiGGz,

I think that was 2 weeks prior and was the 3/8" drive model that did a lower ft-lbs.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2572 posts
3458 upvotes
Toronto
well, once you are used to using real shop equipments... u can't go back...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8613 posts
1425 upvotes
these go on sale probably once a month actually.

the 1/2" drive torque wrench is good for 50-250lbft
the 3/8" drive wrench is good for 25-250 INCH-ft ~ 3-21lb ft.

So beware there is a gap inbetween the two mastercraft wrenches.
Nov 17, 2003
519 posts
75 upvotes
sonyminidiscman wrote:well, once you are used to using real shop equipments... u can't go back...
Have you used a Princess Auto one yet? I've used my friends to do over 60 tire swaps during the last couple of years. REAL SHOPS btw use air tools.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1460 posts
41 upvotes
GTA
Please post if you know any REAL SHOP torque wheel nuts according to spec.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3171 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Tolo wrote:Have you used a Princess Auto one yet? I've used my friends to do over 60 tire swaps during the last couple of years. REAL SHOPS btw use air tools.
Air tools are BAD in tightening wheel nuts. Torque wrench is the way to go.
Dec 11, 2005
73 posts
10 upvotes
hytong wrote:Please post if you know any REAL SHOP torque wheel nuts according to spec.
75% of mechanics don't use torque wrenches...the other 25% are lying. ;)

James
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1460 posts
41 upvotes
GTA
And you figure at the rate they are asking at least they work according to the spec ...
Dec 11, 2005
73 posts
10 upvotes
DragonZealot wrote:Air tools are BAD in tightening wheel nuts. Torque wrench is the way to go.
Air tools are great at tightening wheel nuts unfortunatly 9/10 they are tightened too much. :)

Air tools should be used for what they are intended, loosening nuts and bolts.

James
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2572 posts
3458 upvotes
Toronto
Tolo wrote:Have you used a Princess Auto one yet? I've used my friends to do over 60 tire swaps during the last couple of years. REAL SHOPS btw use air tools.
haha no............LAZY shops use air guns...........

Real shops use torque wrench for every nut in ur wheel....... most shop will use air gun unless you insist they use a torque wrench... and they will comply because they know a torque wench is what you are suppose to use
Nov 17, 2003
519 posts
75 upvotes
DragonZealot wrote:Air tools are BAD in tightening wheel nuts. Torque wrench is the way to go.

Exactly my point ;) Never compare to the joneses. Even tire shops cover their butts by placing the "please retighten bolts after XXXKMs" on the invoice.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2572 posts
3458 upvotes
Toronto
haha no............LAZY shops use air guns...........

Real shops use torque wrench for every nut in ur wheel....... most shop will use air gun unless you insist they use a torque wrench... and they will comply because they know a torque wench is what you are suppose to use
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2572 posts
3458 upvotes
Toronto
hytong wrote:Please post if you know any REAL SHOP torque wheel nuts according to spec.
The shop that I go to.......... everytime work is done, i am in there talking with the mechanic.....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)