Expired Hot Deals

Mastermind Toys

Playmobil Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 now $419.20 (40% off $699.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2022 2:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4076 posts
2096 upvotes
Pointe-Claire

[Mastermind Toys] Playmobil Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 now $419.20 (40% off $699.99)

Mastermind.ca currently has the
Playmobil Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 on sale for 40% off Money-mouth Face.

$419.20 vs. $699.99 ($280 savings)

Not available in store.
Online only. Free shipping. Low stock.

Probably not for everyone but I figure someone might be interested? I consider it similar to the expired deal when Costco offered 20% off of the Lego Millennium Falcon UCS... at least that's my excuse for purchasing! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye Fascinating!
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 15th, 2022 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
I can't afford to save that much!
Thread Summary
33 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10711 posts
3129 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Will lego license star trek one day?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2002
1588 posts
132 upvotes
Wish it was the Galaxy class
Nov 23, 2013
147 posts
521 upvotes
Why did you have to show me this. I didn’t need to know this existed and now I want it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4076 posts
2096 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
cbrunett wrote: Why did you have to show me this. I didn’t need to know this existed and now I want it.

My humblest apologies... those were the exact sentiments that I had when I first saw a post about this a few months back. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat

I too had never heard of this particular model although I knew of Playmobil. It was also 40% off at that time and I remember checking the stock often (during that thread) in the hopes that it would go OOS! Face With Tears Of Joy

Since then, it has been on the back of my mind. When I got an email this morning, I still waivered... took a look at a review that I had found:
https://gizmodo.com/playmobils-uss-ente ... 1848947112

That sealed the deal for me! Now I have to figure out how to sneak it into the house and where to put (hide) it Winking Face.

Raised Hand With Part Between Middle And Ring Fingers
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3843 posts
1326 upvotes
Belle River
Would $400 get you a decent non-toy model Enterprise? I searched a bit, didn't really find anything large, other than this pre-order TOMY one that's supposed to come out Fall 2023, that one was $600 USD. The rest I found are small.
Oct 31, 2009
394 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver
I love the staged photos at the end of bottom of the page. Seriously, what do you do with this?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8861 posts
7896 upvotes
migx wrote: I love the staged photos at the end of bottom of the page. Seriously, what do you do with this?

Enjoy a glass of OJ with your fellow trekkies of course while you go thru all the sound effects.

That said, I'm a sucker for these things and still have not learnt after this:
https://www.amazon.ca/Air-Hogs-Enterpri ... B019K8K3QS

Good for about 5 min before you figure out it's a piece of shit.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20242 posts
13567 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm not sure if you can call this feature a throwback or foreshadowing of the future (since the series was made in the 60s) -
The PLAYMOBIL Enterprise has a bridge with rotating chair for Captain Kirk, workstations for all crew members, cell phone holder and storage compartment for phasers, communicator and other equipment.
Who has a cell phone in the age of Star Trek as the communicator has already been accounted for!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4076 posts
2096 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
craftsman wrote: I'm not sure if you can call this feature a throwback or foreshadowing of the future (since the series was made in the 60s) -

Who has a cell phone in the age of Star Trek as the communicator has already been accounted for!

Not to go too far off topic but there have been many discussions regarding how some of the concepts from the original Star Trek series (1966) may have been the source of many possible technological origins.

For example, the communicator may have influenced the modern cell phone,
the tricorder may have influenced the medical scanners and/or MRI's.
The Enterprise shuttle Galileo may have influenced the NASA Shuttle Program.

It's kinda fascinating Raised Hand With Part Between Middle And Ring Fingers how some of these ideas may have developed (or not) Winking Face.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
4626 posts
3406 upvotes
Defiant wrote: Wish it was the Galaxy class
what you might want are the models straight from set of First Contact, in the scene when picard smashes his rifle into the glass of his ready room. Silver models of every ship including galaxy class.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8861 posts
7896 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: what you might want are the models straight from set of First Contact, in the scene when picard smashes his rifle into the glass of his ready room. Silver models of every ship including galaxy class.
Doesn't AMT still make those kits? Just get cans of silver/chrome paint and go to town.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20242 posts
13567 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
deals46 wrote: Not to go too far off topic but there have been many discussions regarding how some of the concepts from the original Star Trek series (1966) may have been the source of many possible technological origins.

For example, the communicator may have influenced the modern cell phone,
the tricorder may have influenced the medical scanners and/or MRI's.
The Enterprise shuttle Galileo may have influenced the NASA Shuttle Program.

It's kinda fascinating Raised Hand With Part Between Middle And Ring Fingers how some of these ideas may have developed (or not) Winking Face.
Absolutely agree. I'm just pointing out that whoever wrote the copy for that website probably wasn't thinking.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4076 posts
2096 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
craftsman wrote: Absolutely agree. I'm just pointing out that whoever wrote the copy for that website probably wasn't thinking.

No worries! Perhaps it was written by someone caught up in one of the "time travel" episodes and lost track of what was when?! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking EyeSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)