Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2801 posts
2394 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Masterpass.com - French Only?????

I just notice when I go to https://www.masterpass.com/ It is French only, there is no option to change to English.

So seem like all they want is business from Quebec and don't care for the rest of Canada.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1420 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
Must be a bug on the site which defaults to the french translation. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to select your language and region:
MC.PNG
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2801 posts
2394 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bst wrote: Must be a bug on the site which defaults to the french translation. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to select your language and region:
MC.PNG

wow, all the way in the bottom. Most site have selection right on the top.
Plus, for my case, the word "English" is in FRENCH!!!!!

May be the webadmin is from Quebec and think it is all about Quebec?
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10041 posts
12008 upvotes
Vancouver
cheapshopper wrote: wow, all the way in the bottom. Most site have selection right on the top.
Plus, for my case, the word "English" is in FRENCH!!!!!

May be the webadmin is from Quebec and think it is all about Quebec?
Chill out, man. This is something French Canadians have to live with every day. Heck, just look at RFD. No French on the entire site.
May 2, 2019
160 posts
690 upvotes
Canada
Kiraly wrote: Chill out, man. This is something French Canadians have to live with every day. Heck, just look at RFD. No French on the entire site.
Couldn’t have said it better myself...
Temporel wrote: Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Chill out, man. This is something French Canadians have to live with every day. Heck, just look at RFD. No French on the entire site.
How would that even work anyways since 99.9% of the stuff here is user generated.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15432 posts
12636 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
death_hawk wrote: How would that even work anyways since 99.9% of the stuff here is user generated.
Francophone Users would post en français
Anglophone Users would post in English

Not that usual for those of us who have lived in parts of Canada that are truly bilingual

Have seen it often on Work or School websites / forums

Those users who are bilingual ... get to benefit from all the posts / discussions
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Francophone Users would post en français
Anglophone Users would post in English
Side note: I'm actually surprised there aren't more french posts here.
I think I see maybe one a month if that.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10041 posts
12008 upvotes
Vancouver
death_hawk wrote: How would that even work anyways since 99.9% of the stuff here is user generated.
Other websites that endeavor to have a national presence in Canada usually make some attempt at having French on their site, with varying degrees of success. But not RFD. There’s no Français button anywhere to switch the menus and other admin-generated content to French. There isn’t even a French-specific user forum. The RFD admins make no effort at all, so they get a big fat zero. "We don't care about you" is the message that French Canadians get when visiting RFD. So it’s no surprise that French language activity on RFD would be so sparse.