[Black Friday] Matt & Nat Vegan Leather Bags 50% Off

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
November 29, 2021
Retailer:
Matt & Nat
While I was looking for a vegan leather bag for my daughter who is a vegan. I saw this website for the first time and they are on sale for Black Friday at 50% off. However, I'm not sure this company is reliable and their bags are good or not. Appreciate it if anyone can give some suggestions.
16 replies
May 10, 2021
103 posts
385 upvotes
Totally legit and well regarded ! Your daughter will love it :)
Feb 4, 2007
718 posts
670 upvotes
So plastic leather?

This company has legit nice stuff, I have family members who get their bags.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10693 posts
3249 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Mysticode wrote: So plastic leather?

This company has legit nice stuff, I have family members who get their bags.
My thoughts exactly, vegan leather is like giving a premium name to artificial/PU leather lol
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1747 posts
840 upvotes
Narkham
Had a work bag from them and edges of the leather were peeling after a year of light use.

Otherwise nice bags, got many compliments.
RFD: Rarely Finding Discounts on things I actually need
Apr 9, 2020
21 posts
18 upvotes
These are great, thanks a lot for sharing. Picking up some stuff for my family.
Sep 24, 2019
433 posts
811 upvotes
Toronto
I like the brand if you’re able to get it on sale.

I pined after the Brave backpack for several months. Finally got it and while I still love the look of it, the strap is constantly coming undone (I have to readjust it every time I take backpack off) and a thread on the main zipper came loose so the zipper is slowly coming off.
Sep 13, 2008
35 posts
79 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: My thoughts exactly, vegan leather is like giving a premium name to artificial/PU leather lol
And not everyone cares to walk around with a bag made of animal hide.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10693 posts
3249 upvotes
Montreal, QC
thomascook12 wrote: And not everyone cares to walk around with a bag made of animal hide.
And that's perfectly fine, but they should just call it synthetic or artifical leather, labelling vegan is purely for marketing reasons and targetting a specific demographic.
Dec 5, 2016
553 posts
806 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: My thoughts exactly, vegan leather is like giving a premium name to artificial/PU leather lol
That's definitely a component of it. There are genuinely interesting "vegan leathers" that aren't PU though. Cork, cactus, bacteria cultures, fungi etc.
Banned
Jul 16, 2018
43 posts
13 upvotes
redflagdealslover wrote: While I was looking for a vegan leather bag for my daughter who is a vegan. I saw this website for the first time and they are on sale for Black Friday at 50% off. However, I'm not sure this company is reliable and their bags are good or not. Appreciate it if anyone can give some suggestions.
Very close to how actual leather looks and feels. I've tried both vegan leather from them and regular animal leather before 2018 when I wasn't a vegan. I see some vegans keep debating on what's exactly vegan or not, but these are.
Mar 23, 2017
428 posts
561 upvotes
Toronto
thr333zy wrote: Had a work bag from them and edges of the leather were peeling after a year of light use.

Otherwise nice bags, got many compliments.
Yeah my wife had one of these bags and it only lasted a year or two as well.
Banned
Jul 16, 2018
43 posts
13 upvotes
Because vegan leather requires more care than regular leather which also requires some care if you want to make it last. My real leather lost its new feel in two years as well. plus exposure to sunlight and moisture also damages it over time so if you're caught in rain or have prolonged exposure to sunlight, it will start to lose its feel. sharp nails also leave an impression and makes it look more rugged.
Feb 28, 2020
324 posts
796 upvotes
They’ve really gone down in quality. Have two bags that had the stitching randomly come apart after only a couple uses. Don’t stand by their warranty either so buy with caution
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10693 posts
3249 upvotes
Montreal, QC
TouchMyBox wrote: That's definitely a component of it. There are genuinely interesting "vegan leathers" that aren't PU though. Cork, cactus, bacteria cultures, fungi etc.
Interesting, it does remind me of a documentary I saw about one product made out of mango pulp iirc, good point.