Expired Hot Deals

[Maven] Toronto / Kitchener - Waterloo - 20% First Reservation (Car Sharing) - Free Lifetime Membership

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2018 7:00 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
19959 posts
7439 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto / Kitchener - Waterloo - 20% First Reservation (Car Sharing) - Free Lifetime Membership

Deal Link:
Savings:
20%
Retailer:
Maven
Promo Code: TORONTO2018 - 20% Off Your First Reservation

Maven (Car Sharing)

- Free lifetime membership
- Rates starting as low as $9 / Hr + Taxes & Fees
- Gas & Insurance are included
- Access your music, maps, messages, and contacts with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Free in-car hotspot connectivity with 4G LTE WiFi
- SiriusXM over 150 channels of commercial-free music, plus sports, news, and entertainment
- OnStar Advisors available 24/7 to help on your trip

I am not affiliated with this company, they were at the Canadian International Autoshow, Lower Level

Alternatively, the website also lists:
New to Maven in Canada? Take 20% off your first trip
Valid on first trip only. Must be booked before 12.31.18. Valid in Ontario only.
Use Code: DRIVECANADA20

With a free lifetime membership, seems like a no-brainer to sign up and give it a try. Locations are currently Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo

Electric - CARS LIKE: Chevrolet Volt
Compact: CARS LIKE: Chevrolet Cruze and Chevrolet Spark
Sedan - CARS LIKE: Chevrolet Malibu and Cadillac ATS
SUV - CARS LIKE: Chevrolet Trax, GMC Yukon, Cadillac XT5, Chevrolet Trax, Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevrolet Equinox, Buick Encore, and GMC Acadia
Last edited by DaVibe on Feb 20th, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
43 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 20, 2015
647 posts
174 upvotes
Place
Very cool! Thank you
Good luck!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 20, 2017
536 posts
295 upvotes
Thanks OP. Hope it can bring more locations to north of Toronto.
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
19959 posts
7439 upvotes
Toronto
mikimoto wrote: Thanks OP. Hope it can bring more locations to north of Toronto.
I'm of the same opinion. I asked them where they are and they mentioned that they just launched in Toronto, so there's mostly cars close to downtown.
Hopefully it keeps expanding, who knows.

This is pretty much the reason why I leave an annual subscription to these auto share companies is for me, the (lack) of access to vehicles. I'm in Scarborough.

I notice vehicles get as far as Yonge & Finch with competitors but then there's a complete drop off.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Jr. Member
Jan 16, 2013
139 posts
84 upvotes
North York
Has anyone rented from Maven?

Are these fully loaded vehicles? I wouldn’t mind the $160.00 a day rate for a Yukon or Tahoe.

Beats my AVIS or Budget rate.
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
19959 posts
7439 upvotes
Toronto
rpage93 wrote: Has anyone rented from Maven?

Are these fully loaded vehicles? I wouldn’t mind the $160.00 a day rate for a Yukon or Tahoe.

Beats my AVIS or Budget rate.
I don't think anyone will be able to answer that. As I mentioned, I was told that they just started up in Toronto this month.

The flyer mentions 3 types of vehicles and in small writing on the back, it mentions General Motors. I'm not quite a member yet, but it appears that they have a deal with GM and likely the vehicles are all GM's (by the looks of it).
I've updated the original post with the 3 vehicles they have pictured on their flyer.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Jr. Member
Jan 16, 2013
139 posts
84 upvotes
North York
I will go pick one up for the afternoon on Sunday if available and report back.
DaVibe wrote: I don't think anyone will be able to answer that. As I mentioned, I was told that they just started up in Toronto this month.

The flyer mentions 3 types of vehicles and in small writing on the back, it mentions General Motors. I'm not quite a member yet, but it appears that they have a deal with GM and likely the vehicles are all GM's (by the looks of it).
I've updated the original post with the 3 vehicles they have pictured on their flyer.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8567 upvotes
GTHA
DaVibe wrote: I don't think anyone will be able to answer that. As I mentioned, I was told that they just started up in Toronto this month.

The flyer mentions 3 types of vehicles and in small writing on the back, it mentions General Motors. I'm not quite a member yet, but it appears that they have a deal with GM and likely the vehicles are all GM's (by the looks of it).
I've updated the original post with the 3 vehicles they have pictured on their flyer.
Maven™ is a mobility service offered by General Motors. Why would they use vehicles from other manufacturers?

General Motors’ bid to rule whatever comes after the self-driving apocalypse—and the end of private car ownership as we know it—has gone international. Today, the automaker’s in-house car-sharing company, Maven, announced it is expanding to Toronto.

https://www.wired.com/story/gm-maven-toronto/
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
19959 posts
7439 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: Maven™ is a mobility service offered by General Motors. Why would they use vehicles from other manufacturers?

General Motors’ bid to rule whatever comes after the self-driving apocalypse—and the end of private car ownership as we know it—has gone international. Today, the automaker’s in-house car-sharing company, Maven, announced it is expanding to Toronto.

https://www.wired.com/story/gm-maven-toronto/
I don't work for them, so I didn't want to say with any certainty but yes, it's a GM-program.
RedFlagDeals Addict
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
19959 posts
7439 upvotes
Toronto
In other news, I was just denied membership Face With Tears Of Joy

We’ve reviewed your application and driver’s license, and unfortunately you will not be able to join our service at this time.

Please note that you are ineligible to participate because:

Maven will not approve Members if their driver’s licenses has been suspended for any reason within the last 5 years
Maven will not approve Members between the ages of 18 and 21 that have been involved in any moving violations of traffic laws
Maven will not approve Members if they have been convicted of any of the motor vehicle violations which have occurred within the last 5 years, as detailed in the Member Agreement

Which none of those apply lol
RedFlagDeals Addict
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
19959 posts
7439 upvotes
Toronto
rpage93 wrote: I will go pick one up for the afternoon on Sunday if available and report back.
If you're really eager, I'd use the map to see what vehicles are where (it's already up and running) and go take a peak in the window, you'll get an idea of whether it's what you're looking for or not.
Especially at the SUV level, I highly doubt that it wouldn't be fairly "loaded" but ... who knows lol
RedFlagDeals Addict
Member
Oct 15, 2014
353 posts
567 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Just signed up. I will try to give a full review of the service soon Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Member
Jul 3, 2002
270 posts
84 upvotes
I think only liability insurance is included. It said under terms & conditions, the driver is completely responsible for the vehicle itself.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1664 posts
834 upvotes
orangem wrote: I think only liability insurance is included. It said under terms & conditions, the driver is completely responsible for the vehicle itself.
I think this needs to be emphasized.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 8, 2010
1459 posts
232 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: I think this needs to be emphasized.
does credit card coverage usually cover the car?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1464 posts
1123 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
This is basically car2go isn’t it?
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
19959 posts
7439 upvotes
Toronto
Nekittbo wrote: .
15% or $15?

Edit: Yeah, not allowed

MAVEN REFERRAL PROGRAM
What is the Referral Program?
The referral program allows you to share Maven with friends easily. Simply send them your personal invite code and when they became a member and complete a trip, you'll receive at least $15 for use on a future Maven reservation.
Last edited by MrDisco on Feb 21st, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: quote was removed
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1515 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Would annual fee credit cards like American Express or capital one cover the cost of the car in case of accident or any wear and tear?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 15, 2015
795 posts
628 upvotes
Mooooonnn
ysl5710 wrote: Would annual fee credit cards like American Express or capital one cover the cost of the car in case of accident or any wear and tear?

3-4 years ago I was using CIBC visa Infinite card with $120 annual fee for my zip car and I called their insurance line and confirmed that they will consider auto share company such as zip car qualify for rental collision waiver benefit. So yes for me.

I am not sure if this applies to other cards from other banks, nor do I know if they changed the rules for CIBC. But I suggest you to check if you have this benefit, and if you do, you can call the insurance line to confirm if auto share also qualifies for rental.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!

Top