None
[OP]
Nov 26, 2015
512 posts
1067 upvotes
Winnipeg

Maxed Out Deals

Hi everyone,

I saw this post on Frugal Flyer explaining about maxed out deals. I tried googling but couldn't find any information on this company. Does anyone have any experience with them? Apparently you have to buy products on Amazon and send it to them and then they will pay you back, so that you can get lots of points on your credit card (manufactured spending) + a commission.

Thanks
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
7714 posts
4491 upvotes
Mok122cobra wrote: Hi everyone,

I saw this post on Frugal Flyer explaining about maxed out deals. I tried googling but couldn't find any information on this company. Does anyone have any experience with them? Apparently you have to buy products on Amazon and send it to them and then they will pay you back, so that you can get lots of points on your credit card (manufactured spending) + a commission.

Thanks
That sounds too fishy to me. If they can make Money doing that way, why don’t They just buy their things and make point and comissions, without paying anyone. It is like those real estate courses they teach you how to make Money in real estate.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26958 posts
11394 upvotes
Socially Distanced
So you pay amazon, have your purchases sent to some stranger and trust the stranger will pay you for items they never ordered?
How gullible do they think we are?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Mar 29, 2020
97 posts
101 upvotes
I am "missing" a $500 iPad I mailed them in November.
Tracking shows it was signed, opened a ticket and nothing has been done.
Reports of other DPs having similar issues

Personally I would stay away.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
7714 posts
4491 upvotes
AppleDogwood wrote: I am "missing" a $500 iPad I mailed them in November.
Tracking shows it was signed, opened a ticket and nothing has been done.
Reports of other DPs having similar issues

Personally I would stay away.
You actually tried that?
Mar 29, 2020
97 posts
101 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: You actually tried that?
Yes. First few shipments / payments went well. Then I sent them a $500 iPad and they can't find it.
It's all good in theory until something like this happens. Expensive lesson
Dec 1, 2017
150 posts
164 upvotes
Mok122cobra wrote: Hi everyone,

Thanks
So clearly this is a scam. What do they claim the benefit for them is? (Aside from the true benefit of people sending them free stuff?)
[OP]
Nov 26, 2015
512 posts
1067 upvotes
Winnipeg
Booyayyc wrote: So clearly this is a scam. What do they claim the benefit for them is? (Aside from the true benefit of people sending them free stuff?)
According to Frugal Flyer article (MANUFACTURED SPENDING WITH BUYING GROUPS IN CANADA):

"Instead, the typical motivation for the business in consumer buying groups is to take advantage of a deal on a product they need, which is limited by the retailer to a certain number of purchases per person. The individual members of the buying group, when combined, can fulfill this need with ease.

Say Apple had a great deal on iMac Pros (e.g. 20% off), but it was a consumer-facing deal (not available to business accounts even when buying in bulk). Maybe a small business owner needs to buy 50 new iMacs Pros. At that scale, they would save over $50,000 by getting consumers to buy the product for them at a competitive price.

It is also likely (although I’m only speculating) that the end buyers of these products exist outside the USA, and so buying from within the USA allows for a sort of arbitrage."