• Sep 30th, 2016 5:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1475 posts
1414 upvotes
WESTMOUNT

[Maxi] 2 Cases of 24 Beer for $59.98 Minus $15 off Your Grocery Bill

Maxi has this special every 3 months or so. It is a great deal for the beer lovers out there.

If you get 2 cases of 24 beer of the following brands at $29.99 each:
Corona
Budweiser
Bud Light
Stella Artois

they will take $15 off of your grocery bill. The usual restrictions apply (tobacco products, lottery tickets, etc.)

This brings the total to $44.98 for 48 beer (before taxes and deposit). This is a fantastic deal especially for Stella or Corona.

Cheers!
45 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
9450 posts
2938 upvotes
Merde! le quebec only.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
643 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
I HATE living in Ontario!
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Mar 4, 2006
493 posts
34 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote: I HATE living in Ontario!
Yet we keep voting liberal who continue to sin tax the crap out of us... I miss the buck a beer days...
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
3174 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
herrdude wrote: This brings the total to $44.98 for 48 beer (before taxes and deposit). This is a fantastic deal especially for Stella or Corona.
That's half the price of what it costs in Ontario, that's insane...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1936 posts
503 upvotes
Ottawa
Super_Chicken wrote:
herrdude wrote: This brings the total to $44.98 for 48 beer (before taxes and deposit). This is a fantastic deal especially for Stella or Corona.
I believe that the deposit is $4.80 and the tax is $6.75, so it's cheaper but not quite half. Someone might have more accurate number than I do.
Oct 4, 2010
306 posts
163 upvotes
You still have to buy 15$ worth of groceries except alcohol products, milk, tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift crates, medicines, cleaners, gasoline, postal services
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
643 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
lockec wrote:
Yet we keep voting liberal who continue to sin tax the crap out of us... I miss the buck a beer days...
To add to this. My go to used to be a 24 of PC Low Carb cans. It was $33.95 forever. I go into the beer store last week and the price is now $39.95. There is zero chance I am paying $40 for a 24 of lower tier "budget" beers.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Oct 22, 2008
395 posts
354 upvotes
Gatineau, qc
Oh my! lineups might be bad. They also have their "no taxes" sale on eligible items this Saturday....excludes alcohol though...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1475 posts
1414 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
eiad77 wrote:
Super_Chicken wrote:
I believe that the deposit is $4.80 and the tax is $6.75, so it's cheaper but not quite half. Someone might have more accurate number than I do.
You shouldn't include the deposit because you get it back and as for the taxes I can imagine you pay then as well in Ontario.
Last edited by herrdude on Sep 29th, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 17, 2008
485 posts
204 upvotes
Quebec
eiad77 wrote:
Super_Chicken wrote:
tax is probaly on 59.98 $, so 9 $. 54 $ total or 1,125$/beer (1,225 $ with deposit.)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1475 posts
1414 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
tomguy1160 wrote: You still have to buy 15$ worth of groceries except alcohol products, milk, tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift crates, medicines, cleaners, gasoline, postal services
Most people need and buy groceries anyways. :)
Mar 4, 2006
493 posts
34 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
lockec wrote:
To add to this. My go to used to be a 24 of PC Low Carb cans. It was $33.95 forever. I go into the beer store last week and the price is now $39.95. There is zero chance I am paying $40 for a 24 of lower tier "budget" beers.
I hear ya, it's crazy how it's slipped up to $40 a case for budget beers. Don't hear much complaints on the radio or anything either, wish it was more of an election issue! The current government is so money hungry they are driving up the cost of everything bit by bit, everything from utility bills to booze!
Oct 13, 2009
36 posts
16 upvotes
Saskatoon, Sk
Whoa. In Saskatchewan at the gov't ran liquor stores (which are the cheapest) it's like 30-35 dollars for 15 of any beer
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1936 posts
503 upvotes
Ottawa
eiad77 wrote:
Super_Chicken wrote:
herrdude wrote:
eiad77 wrote:
Super_Chicken wrote: That's half the price of what it costs in Ontario, that's insane...
You shouldn't include the deposit because you get it back and as for the taxes I can imagine you pay then as well in Ontario.
sr79 wrote:
eiad77 wrote:
Super_Chicken wrote:

tax is probaly on 59.98 $, so 9 $. 54 $ total or 1,125$/beer (1,225 $ with deposit.)
Yes, that's a good point that tax is on the full price.

In Ontario, tax and deposit is already included in the advertised price. Also, I never get the deposit back so it's just an extra cost for me. I'd imagine a lot of people are in the same boat.
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
If you're really a beer lover you'd find none of those drinkable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1475 posts
1414 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
LukieC wrote: If you're really a beer lover you'd find none of those drinkable.
Nothing wrong with Stella.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1475 posts
1414 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
eiad77 wrote:
eiad77 wrote:
Super_Chicken wrote:

herrdude wrote:
eiad77 wrote:

sr79 wrote:
eiad77 wrote:

Yes, that's a good point that tax is on the full price.

In Ontario, tax and deposit is already included in the advertised price. Also, I never get the deposit back so it's just an extra cost for me. I'd imagine a lot of people are in the same boat.
In Quebec, they take empties at the point of sale. So, it takes very little effort to get your deposit back.
Aug 31, 2006
992 posts
912 upvotes
Norilsk
herrdude wrote:

In Quebec, they take empties at the point of sale. So, it takes very little effort to get your deposit back.
Dalton McGinty (Kathleen Wynne's Liberals) made a deal with the Beer Store to take empties from the LCBO. And then added a deposit to every bottle and container in the LCBO. Not many people realised how significant this move was. It completely entrenched the beer store monopoly, at the same time raised the sin tax.
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)