Expired Hot Deals

[Maxi] ***HOT*** Sept18-20 Maxi 5$off 10$ Order (QC ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 10:37 am
Tags:
Nov 23, 2018
232 posts
162 upvotes
PCalvin wrote: Was just denied at my local Maxi.
Told that I had to spend min $25 to use the coupon. No other explanation.
You were denied because the coupon expired and the next one starts on 18 September.
Now let's diminish the attention to this topic.

edit: That is one mean lady, coupon clearly says 10$ minimum she can't just make up bigger numbers. Next time use the self-pay option.
Last edited by Ghost505 on Sep 14th, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4612 posts
6853 upvotes
Montreal
Ghost505 wrote: You were denied because the coupon expired and the next one starts on 18 September.
Now let's diminish the attention to this.
@garlei OP, maybe you could keep the title updated with the dates?
Jun 9, 2006
469 posts
55 upvotes
Alpha-Zulu wrote: And when you showed the coupon that clearly states you have to spend $10, what did they say?
She looked at the coupon, seemed to know all about it, then glanced at a note on her wall as if to double check, and said "it's a $25 minimum now. You can go back and purchase more and we can accept the coupon".
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4612 posts
6853 upvotes
Montreal
PCalvin wrote: She looked at the coupon, seemed to know all about it, then glanced at a note on her wall as if to double check, and said "it's a $25 minimum now. You can go back and purchase more and we can accept the coupon".
The small print of both coupons (the one that ended yesterday and the next one that starts Friday) clearly state on a $10 or more purchase before taxes.
If it was me, I would have raised a stink about that.
Jun 9, 2006
469 posts
55 upvotes
Temporel wrote: The small print of both coupons (the one that ended yesterday and the next one that starts Friday) clearly state on a $10 or more purchase.
Id it was me, I would have raised a stink about that.
She seemed ignorant, but nice. Didn't want to make her feel bad. Just said "ok, thanks for letting me know."
Not a big deal.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
153 posts
112 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: @garlei OP, maybe you could keep the title updated with the dates?
I updated the expiration to Sept 20th along with the new code and screenshot earlier today already
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2044 posts
1621 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks OP
The code is only valid for Sept 18 to 20, just remember to use the coupon before it gets expired
Jun 20, 2009
66 posts
26 upvotes
Canada
Can't stack coupon now, employee will be alerted and your screen will lock.
Aug 14, 2019
251 posts
274 upvotes
Rawrchu wrote: Can't stack coupon now, employee will be alerted and your screen will lock.
What day and time was it when you tried?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4612 posts
6853 upvotes
Montreal
garlei wrote: I updated the expiration to Sept 20th along with the new code and screenshot earlier today already
That's nice but since it seems this promotion will continue, if you don't put the dates in the title and keep them updated, you'll get more posts like this:
PCalvin wrote: Was just denied at my local Maxi.
Told that I had to spend min $25 to use the coupon. No other explanation.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1000 posts
129 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Last weekend @ Maxi Vimont they wanted to see the original text message to ensure I wasn't just using the screenshot

I'd get it on your phone if you want to be sure
Nov 22, 2006
411 posts
165 upvotes
Trois-Rivières
New coupon is with 25$ purhase !! They probably caught on the abuse.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200918-082403_Chrome.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6491 posts
2349 upvotes
Montreal
Knarfon wrote: New coupon is with 25$ purhase !! They probably caught on the abuse.
What's the point if they can't even set the minimum on their machines? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1347 posts
216 upvotes
Quebec City
5$OFF 25$ on groceries (and everything at MAXI), that you can use multiple time is great.
It clearly states "1 per client, per visit, per transaction", so even in their terms you can use it multiple times.