Expired Hot Deals

[Maxi] ***HOT*** Sept18-20 Maxi 5$off 10$ Order (QC ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 10:37 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1346 posts
216 upvotes
Quebec City
LouZefurr wrote: It's the RFD effect. That's why it was suggested to keep these threads inactive, as unfair and selfish as that sounds.

RFD users inevitably cause stores to change their policies and promos so don't cry foul that the deal isn't as good anymore.
This is actually selfish... and not the reason why this forum exists in the first place.
If you want a place that you only share (and receive) the real deals with 3-4 of your friends, why not just texting them instead? This is a public forum where we put deals. please stop telling people not to comment and publish the nice deals, common.
Apr 15, 2004
711 posts
156 upvotes
fredsmith wrote: 514. A regular Montreal number.
Same boat here, Sherbrooke number and I got asked for my postal code, which I gave (also Sherbrooke), then no coupon, just a link to the flyer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6450 posts
2339 upvotes
Montreal
Superplumber64 wrote: If i buy a 10$ gift card + a pack of gum can i apply the 5$ coupon?
Fine print doesnt mention gift cards, so in theory it should work.
Jun 10, 2011
41 posts
16 upvotes
KIRKLAND
Only if they figure out that the new coupon is for $25.00 worth of goods !!!
Mar 6, 2020
13 posts
10 upvotes
fredsmith wrote: 514. A regular Montreal number.
514 here too. Only other point I can think of is that my phone number is linked on my optimum profile.
Oct 20, 2016
196 posts
373 upvotes
TIPIT wrote: This is actually selfish... and not the reason why this forum exists in the first place.
If you want a place that you only share (and receive) the real deals with 3-4 of your friends, why not just texting them instead? This is a public forum where we put deals. please stop telling people not to comment and publish the nice deals, common.
That's not what I stated in the post you quoted.

Maxi clearly never expected the promo to become so widely known let alone for the loopholes to be exploited so much. 9 out of 10 people would have read "$5 off $10 purchase" and actually stuck to that.

You've been on here a long time so you probably know that RFDers have a tendency to abuse store policies and promos until they don't exist anymore due to abuse. Then no one gets nice deals anymore, all because some people can't control themselves and be happy with "just" a nice deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1180 posts
471 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Knarfon wrote: New coupon is with 25$ purhase !! They probably caught on the abuse.
well, that is strange.

i went to maxi verdun fri sept 18 after 9pm after reading this deal and i had only read that it was 5$off 10$ Order so i bought $11.98 item and 18173 worked. (I used the self serve machine and punched in the code 18173).
Jun 14, 2017
251 posts
172 upvotes
Montreal
I’m fairly certain they changed the coupon mid week... when I accessed it like Tuesday it still showed 10. Now the same link shows 25
Jun 15, 2016
48 posts
29 upvotes
imposter wrote: Same boat here, Sherbrooke number and I got asked for my postal code, which I gave (also Sherbrooke), then no coupon, just a link to the flyer.
Wierd im from sherbrooke also and i got the coupon in the link...
Apr 14, 2017
415 posts
590 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
New code 18178 for this weekend seems to be adding 4.98 instead of being a 5$ coupon. Very weird.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6450 posts
2339 upvotes
Montreal
bman95 wrote: I’m fairly certain they changed the coupon mid week... when I accessed it like Tuesday it still showed 10. Now the same link shows 25
Yes they did. It was 18173 and mininum was $10. I was at Maxi earlier, a woman showed that coupon and they refused it. Said you need to have $25 min. Self checkout is probably another story. I was at another Maxi yesterday, and eventhough my total was $22, the cashier accepted the coupon anyway and it worked without reaching min.
May 17, 2007
79 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal
Madevilz wrote: Yes they did. It was 18173 and mininum was $10. I was at Maxi earlier, a woman showed that coupon and they refused it. Said you need to have $25 min. Self checkout is probably another story. I was at another Maxi yesterday, and eventhough my total was $22, the cashier accepted the coupon anyway and it worked without reaching min.
Self-checkout is the way to go for these promos.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
152 posts
110 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like there’s no new coupons this week
Deal seems dead now