Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Maxi

Sharp AQUOS 50" 4K Ultra Smart HDTV $399.97

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 6:58 pm
Jun 14, 2006
543 posts
85 upvotes
Ottawa
71Tito71 wrote: that sound bug is driving me nuts, am checking everyday for a new firmware update but none available...
What's the sound bug? Thx
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
i have this TV, I got it Black Friday from Loblaws no tax. I've been happy with it. Better than the 50 inch Vizio this replaced. Sound is decent by TV standards,
Sep 28, 2007
13 posts
1 upvote
Laval
chimp69 wrote: What's the sound bug? Thx
Everytime you powerup the TV it makes a long beep sound

everytime I go and select the content of my hard disk (Illico system) it makes that long beep sound

Everytime I change input it sometimes make that beep sound

New firmware is coming.... i doubt it...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
raspeed wrote: Only beige.
What's up with the beige?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Pretty good deal
But 50’’ is a bit small for me, would get at least a 55’’
Sep 15, 2012
888 posts
261 upvotes
bv
71Tito71 wrote: Everytime you powerup the TV it makes a long beep sound

everytime I go and select the content of my hard disk (Illico system) it makes that long beep sound

Everytime I change input it sometimes make that beep sound

New firmware is coming.... i doubt it...
This isn't a bug.. sounds like you have a defective unit. Mine doesnt do this and ive had it now for 3 months.

Did you check the settings i recall also seeing a option about "navigation sounds/clicks" you can turn on/off maybe?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
carols110 wrote: Pretty good deal
But 50’’ is a bit small for me, would get at least a 55’’
....thanks for sharing?

Good deal for a TV, kinda LOL at the "ultra" smart bit though.
Sep 15, 2012
888 posts
261 upvotes
bv
L4cky wrote: Is it always better to let the tv turn always on with screen saver or sleep mode or to turn it off and on?

I heard computer has a better lifespan of we let it turn on rather than shutting it down , and less power needed.
raspeed wrote: Educate yourselves about transporting LCD:

https://blog.hireahelper.com/the-facts- ... screen-tv/
charlie1234 wrote: Might not be the best. But i transported a Samsung 60" from Portland to Vancouver ( 5-6 hour drive) with it lying down (it was the only way to make it fit with everything else coming back
Samsung is perfectly fine with no issues (it's been 2 years now)
If the TV was bought second hand with no box I'd believe it. However, brand new in a box with the styrofoam and all the protective stuff I am sure its its fine for the 20minute drive home. What is 85% of the population supposed to do that doesn't have a truck/SUV that cant stand up the TV while transporting? Go rent a uhaul or something? :rolleyes:
Last edited by iPonik on Jan 17th, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 28, 2007
13 posts
1 upvote
Laval
iPonik wrote: This isn't a bug.. sounds like you have a defective unit. Mine doesnt do this and ive had it now for 3 months.

Did you check the settings i recall also seeing a option about "navigation sounds/clicks" you can turn on/off maybe?
thanks for the tip but can't find it any pict of where it's hidding?
Love the TV for the price paid btw
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
L4cky wrote: Is it always better to let the tv turn always on with screen saver or sleep mode or to turn it off and on?

I heard computer has a better lifespan of we let it turn on rather than shutting it down , and less power needed.
I've had my 40" Viewsonic N4280P that I bought from Costco for 10 years now. On and off, on and off for 10 years. Still works great. As a matter of fact, I would love to replace it with a Smart TV, but I won't ditch it until it stops working. Instead I hooked up a Mi box to it :) It's the bedroom TV and 1080P works just great and no need for more.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
qbarnes95 wrote: Over the years I've probably drove with 4 or 5 different LCDs laying down and never have had any problems. Don't drive like an idiot and it'll be fine.
As I said, educate yourselves.
Sep 15, 2012
888 posts
261 upvotes
bv
Anyone connect this TV to a soundbar? If so, what did you set your digital audio output? Raw, DD or PCM?

And if you did, do you notice any lag/delay between audio and lips on whatever your watching?
Banned
Oct 26, 2016
444 posts
297 upvotes
iPonik wrote: Anyone connect this TV to a soundbar? If so, what did you set your digital audio output? Raw, DD or PCM?

And if you did, do you notice any lag/delay between audio and lips on whatever your watching?
I have the 60inch model which I have connected to a 5.1 soundbar. I did not need to set digital output. I just plugged the digital cable to Tv and the soundbar.

I do not have any lag between the sound bar and TV.
Sep 15, 2012
888 posts
261 upvotes
bv
d0m056 wrote: I have the 60inch model which I have connected to a 5.1 soundbar. I did not need to set digital output. I just plugged the digital cable to Tv and the soundbar.

I do not have any lag between the sound bar and TV.
What cable are you using? HDMI? Optical?
Sep 28, 2007
13 posts
1 upvote
Laval
FYI: bought that tv tought I had a beep sound issue when powering up the tv or going into my illico hd... well figured it out, set the TV to PCM and the Illico HD to PCM and no more weird beep issues.

Only 2 minor neg points on that TV:
- limited viewing angle
- no Aquamotion 120 (only 60)

but for the price paid love it
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
this seems like a good deal, i bought 50" avera 4k for ~$285 last year and I think $100 ish more for a sharp tv seems ok to me. It isnt made in japan anymore but hopefully it still retains Japanese quality?
Banned
Oct 26, 2016
444 posts
297 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: this seems like a good deal, i bought 50" avera 4k for ~$285 last year and I think $100 ish more for a sharp tv seems ok to me. It isnt made in japan anymore but hopefully it still retains Japanese quality?
For now it is being made by a Chinese company: Hisense
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15771 posts
11168 upvotes
L4cky wrote: What's up with the beige?
You don't frequent the automotive forum much do you?