Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Maxill Express

$1.99 50pk Maxill Aquist Headband Style - 4 Ply ASTM Level 3 Procedural Masks

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 12:26 am
Dec 24, 2013
160 posts
258 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

$1.99 50pk Maxill Aquist Headband Style - 4 Ply ASTM Level 3 Procedural Masks

Deal Link:
Price:
$1.99
Savings:
Retailer:
Maxill Express
Great Price for ASTM Level 3 Procedure Masks, and these have a headband so you wont get pain around the ears.
Note: This is damaged stock "Some of these masks have a weak weld causing the elastic headband to pull away from the fabric of the mask."

$1.99 for 50 ASTM Level 3 Procedure Masks, and you can get free shipping if you order 16 items! Even if a few are broken/unusable this is the best price I have seen for masks, especially for ones tested for ASTM.

Maxill is a reputable brand, they are a dental supplier, and have been around for quite a while.
Images
  • aquist-hb-web.jpg
Last edited by DevenP097 on Dec 7th, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1663 posts
4016 upvotes
My antivirus detect some weird shit on this website. Be careful overall!
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7847 posts
9210 upvotes
Vancouver
$9.87 Shipping kills it
Dec 24, 2013
160 posts
258 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Spinner wrote: $9.87 Shipping kills it
FS if you buy 16 Boxes haha!
Mar 30, 2007
434 posts
561 upvotes
I dont know about you guys, but I think this is the CHEAPEST I have ever seen any proper mask being sold.
A few days ago some members were discussing about the mask deals in supermarket for $5, and those masks are not even medical rated.
If these masks are legit, they are totally worth it. Got 16 boxes. BTW, their hand sanitizers are also on sale.

Link: https://www.maxillexpress.com/ca/kwiky- ... r-gel.html
Feb 18, 2009
144 posts
267 upvotes
vancouver
Great price definitely but there's no guarantee that these masks are safe to wear because they are damaged. Would you risk your safety just because it's cheap?
DevenP097 wrote: Great Price for ASTM Level 3 Procedure Masks, and these have a headband so you wont get pain around the ears.
Note: This is damaged stock "Some of these masks have a weak weld causing the elastic headband to pull away from the fabric of the mask."

$1.99 for 50 ASTM Level 3 Procedure Masks, and you can get free shipping if you order 16 items! Even if a few are broken/unusable this is the best price I have seen for masks, especially for ones tested for ASTM.

Maxill is a reputable brand, they are a dental supplier, and have been around for quite a while.
Nov 29, 2009
389 posts
579 upvotes
North York
I bought with when it was 9.99.. the nose piece is not metal..so the fit around the nose is not as tight
Sep 23, 2018
38 posts
39 upvotes
Headband detached partially or fully from mask is clearly stated.
Not issue as you can make your own mask and just sew it or use adhesive as when you make your own.

Best before dates on N95 masks are for the elastic band breaking down from what I have read.
Jun 23, 2016
411 posts
759 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Please buy a couple reusable masks and clean them....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7847 posts
9210 upvotes
Vancouver
noxlen wrote: Please buy a couple reusable masks and clean them....
Please don’t use “pretend” PPE.
Jun 23, 2016
411 posts
759 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Spinner wrote: Please don’t use “pretend” PPE.
That's amusing. The reality is that the vast majority of people are using these because they're required to enter certain places, NOT, as you would have us believe, because of a careful analysis of the "effectiveness" of paper vs fabric masks. From what I can tell there's very little consensus as to the effectiveness of masks in general let alone the vague differences between differences in masks and how those differences correlate to increased effectiveness.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7847 posts
9210 upvotes
Vancouver
noxlen wrote: That's amusing. The reality is that the vast majority of people are using these because they're required to enter certain places, NOT, as you would have us believe, because of a careful analysis of the "effectiveness" of paper vs fabric masks. From what I can tell there's very little consensus as to the effectiveness of masks in general let alone the vague differences between differences in masks and how those differences correlate to increased effectiveness.
Not sure what kind of “paper” masks you’re referring to. I’ve never seen those in the real world. Every one of the blue masks sold at even supermarkets have a layer of polypropylene.

Are we seriously still having a mask debate with regards the effectiveness of wearing masks?

The CDC quotes 19 studies showing that polypropylene masks outperform fabric masks.

Even if you lack the common sense to know that it’s impossible to weave cotton tight enough to act as an effective filtration material, the latest CBC Marketplace study helps dumb down the results for any layperson.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
Spinner wrote: Please don’t use “pretend” PPE.
First things first - You do realise that a non-woven polypropylene doesn't really needs to be a commercial surgical mask right? AND there are plenty of masks that are reusable/washable that are made with a 3rd layer of PP.
I don't think that should really be called "pretend" PPE. In my very limited knowledge, I think they can be as effective as any of those levelled masks (ie; non-fitted n95 a like); where the major contributor is the loose areas, not the filtration level.

Spinner wrote: Not sure what kind of “paper” masks you’re referring to. I’ve never seen those in the real world. Every one of the blue masks sold at even supermarkets have a layer of polypropylene.

Are we seriously still having a mask debate with regards the effectiveness of wearing masks?

The CDC quotes 19 studies showing that polypropylene masks outperform fabric masks.

Even if you lack the common sense to know that it’s impossible to weave cotton tight enough to act as an effective filtration material, the latest CBC Marketplace study helps dumb down the results for any layperson.
Right - PP is better than cotton alone; the recommendation has even been updated from Health Canada to include PP: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... rings.html

Proper material, structure and fit
Well-designed and well-fitting masks or face coverings can prevent the spread of your infectious respiratory droplets. They may also help protect you from the infectious respiratory droplets of others.

How well a mask or face covering works depends on the materials used, how the mask is made, and most importantly, how well it fits.

A mask or face covering can be homemade or purchased, and should:

be made of at least 3 layers
2 layers should be tightly woven material fabric, such as cotton or linen
the third (middle) layer should be a filter-type fabric, such as non-woven polypropylene fabric
be large enough to completely and comfortably cover the nose, mouth and chin without gaping
allow for easy breathing
fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
be comfortable and not require frequent adjustments
be changed as soon as possible if damp or dirty
maintain its shape after washing and drying

While i'm not sure that was you intention, but for argument sake - let's consider the "pretend PPE" as a home-made tri-ply (PP included) and a "real/actual" PPE being one of this on the thread (ATSM Level3) - which was what I had the impression on the first post.
Even if the performance alone is a great differential, I'd like to see a study on how this spread would apply on a real life, non-medical setting like going to the public transport or a grocery store. Aerosol tests are a fair benchmark, but if you scale something to the whole population, is it really giving the edge? I mean, isn't it easier to have more people wearing masks if they can either make or buy customisable ones, rather than going straight to the top filtration? If more people uses "pretend" masks, even if they aren't the top performer, the results would probably be better than having fewer using "actual" PPE;

I think it's similar with the vaccines, if the efficiency posted are proved, the Oxford/AstraZeneca (70%) may be more interesting than Pfizer(95%) or Morderna (94.5%) - its a lot cheaper to make and store. It can spread more on population. If I recall correctly even with a 70% efficiency, but if at least 70% of the population takes it we could eradicate a disease. It doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to reach the most of people.

That all said - if people can and want to spend extra money on better rated masks, as long as it doesn't interfere on proper medical supply, by all means do it. But I think it isn't right to downplay other options that are acceptable.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Spinner wrote: $9.87 Shipping kills it
indeed

if they really want to get rid of the stocks fast, they need to offer free shipping hahaha
May 13, 2010
776 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
DevenP097 wrote: Great Price for ASTM Level 3 Procedure Masks, and these have a headband so you wont get pain around the ears.

Thanks, ordered 16 to get free shipping and will donate extra.
Nov 23, 2008
354 posts
276 upvotes
Ordered $16 boxes, will donate and distribute extras. Thanks, OP!