Automotive

mazda 6 car waterproof seat covers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 2:33 pm
[OP]
Mar 27, 2020
1 posts

mazda 6 car waterproof seat covers

Hello everyone, this is my first post here!

I bought the 2020 Mazda 6 base edition sedan last year. The seats are cloth and not waterproof. The ice and rain on my coat can seep through and may cause molds? I am just concerned about this and want to protect my car seats with good waterproof covers. Could someone please suggest me of custom fit car covers that I could buy or some place I can go to get it installed.

Bonus question: What car seat covers do you have for your Mazda 6?

Cheers!
9 replies
Nov 26, 2014
271 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You may want to look into something called Scotchgard
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4949 posts
6342 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Take off your clothes before you get in the car. Problem solved.
Jul 30, 2018
27 posts
11 upvotes
Tbh I don't think that small amount of snow/ice can cause mold. I've accidentally left my windows open for two thunderstorms and after a year there's still no mold.

If you are really worried you can get this and put in your car: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/concro ... 1000838196. I used it after leaving the windows open. The seats (although not cloth) dried up after a few days.

Remember that your car is not completely sealed. So moisture in the air can go into your cabin, and moisture in the cabin can get out too.

Unless you work outdoor and always have large amount of snow/ice on your coat, then use er34er34's advice, take the coat off before getting in.
Facts are dirty. You can either believe it or live in your sweet dreams.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2268 posts
758 upvotes
Central Ontario
If this were actually possible to grow mold from ice and snow, don’t you think every car with a cloth interior (which is most, btw) ever sold would have this issue? Stop worrying.
Nov 23, 2012
60 posts
27 upvotes
SUDBURY
Is your super worried about it look at fia seat covers they are custom fit to your vehicle and look factory. They offer different options and different types of protection. I installed their “neo” cover in the rear seats for the kids suppose to be the most durable/waterproof cover they offer
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5804 posts
3333 upvotes
Toronto
I would ask your grandma where they get their sofa covers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5197 posts
1834 upvotes
Vancouver
change to leather
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
46900 posts
10039 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
this isn't even an issue. Cars look fully enclosed. But they are actually very well ventilated. There's gaps everywhere I bet if you add up all the gaps in a car it'll be the size of a passenger window.

Like the air filter to vents. Whenever you have them off, it doesnt actually do a 100% air tight seal. Just a little flap of plastic deflecting the air back.