Automotive

Mazda questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 1:17 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1294 posts
1241 upvotes
Awjvail wrote: I'll give them a chance to make it right before I call them out by name. I will say it isn't in Ontario so it isn't a dealership many people on RFD would ever come across.
I would NEVER, EVER, buy anything from a place that was out to scam me. Even if they drop $10,000 off the price and offer lifetime bumper to bumper warranty with a Rolls Royce as a loaner. How can you even consider still dealing with this outfit?
Oct 9, 2008
74 posts
26 upvotes
Terrace
Awjvail wrote: I'll give them a chance to make it right before I call them out by name. I will say it isn't in Ontario so it isn't a dealership many people on RFD would ever come across.
What!!! You need to tell as many people about this place as you can. This is a stealership, and not sure what they can make right after their blatant attempt to scam you.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2433 posts
247 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
I am so sorry that you had this kind of experience. That is absolutely unacceptable.
< The original ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT BUYING A NEW MAZDA >

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

Edited by the RFD Moderation Team
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2143 posts
1566 upvotes
Well, they went down to $2200 above what the Build-And-Price tool said (for a new vehicle, keep in mind this is a demo) before replying to my last email with the following (and CC'ing the dealership's New Car Sales Manager):

"I appreciate the chance to earn your business however, we are not in a position to loose money on a new car sale. I wish you the best of luck with your new vehicle purchase."

Okay, for one, why are they expecting anything more than break-even from a demo sale? They drove it for 6 months and put 7500 kms on it. In addition, the warranty has been ticking since whenever they put it on the road. I imagine that would eat up any profit margin they had. For two, I'm not asking for the world here. All I want is MSRP + all applicable Mazda Canada incentives + a demo discount...
Last edited by Awjvail on Mar 20th, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2143 posts
1566 upvotes
Jeff-TheBiz wrote: I am so sorry that you had this kind of experience. That is absolutely unacceptable.
Thanks Jeff. I appreciate that salespeople like you and the few other sales guys on here that can actually be real and transparent with people are working hard to break the scummy car dealer stereotype.
Feb 26, 2019
802 posts
1342 upvotes
Can you tell us the dealership or at least the city you are in?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like you really want this car badly ? Anyone in the right mind would simply tell dealer to “f off “
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2143 posts
1566 upvotes
booblehead wrote: Sounds like you really want this car badly ? Anyone in the right mind would simply tell dealer to “f off “
At this point I've walked. I think I got caught up in the principle of not letting them get away with their predatory tactics.
Oct 18, 2005
442 posts
197 upvotes
Pavel wrote: Has Mazda done away with the navigation lock when the car is moving?
They went one step further and disabled the touch screen in '19 mazda 3. It's all controlled by a knob on center console.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
2161 posts
3197 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: Sounds like you really want this car badly ? Anyone in the right mind would simply tell dealer to “f off “
I'm just playing devil's advocate here.. perhaps the dealer gave him the 'f off' price as they didn't want to deal with him?

Every business has those kinds of customers.. if you get what I mean.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Pavel wrote: Oh, for crying out loud. And the passenger can't control the navigation when the car is moving, I presume?
The wheel is very intuitive and quickly becomes second nature. Plus you can use your voice, which is also easy to use. I've never had an issue with it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
My 2 cents avoid Agincourt Mazda, they rip people off.
Deliver wrong car and charges hidden fees

I had to call Mazda Canada before they’d approve my new grad discount
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
DealCanuck wrote: My 2 cents avoid Agincourt Mazda, they rip people off.
Deliver wrong car and charges hidden fees

I had to call Mazda Canada before they’d approve my new grad discount
Yup they also RIP you off with services they don't perform and say they did. Happened to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3010 posts
192 upvotes
Waterloo
We just placed a deposit on a new red 2018 GT with tech package (41750 OTR with AA/Carplay).

But I never thought to research the paint on these cars. I just learned that Soul red crystal is known for paint chips. There's some non verified info floating online that the thin paint issue on the SRC is fixed if the build date is after Aug. 2018.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CX5/comments/9 ... _problems/
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/showpo ... tcount=167

I was super excited about our new purchase, haven't even picked it up yet. Now I'm feeling some regret already. :(
How is everyone else's SRC paint holding up?
:arrow: :arrowl:
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
jaigandhi5 wrote: We just placed a deposit on a new red 2018 GT with tech package (41750 OTR with AA/Carplay).

But I never thought to research the paint on these cars. I just learned that Soul red crystal is known for paint chips. There's some non verified info floating online that the thin paint issue on the SRC is fixed if the build date is after Aug. 2018.

I was super excited about our new purchase, haven't even picked it up yet. Now I'm feeling some regret already. :(
My SRM paint on my previous car a 2016 cx-3 was VERY thin. I logged around 18,000 kms on it in a 6 month period and the paint in the hood and A pillar was bad. The paint would chip in large chunks lol. Anyhow, I'm glad they finally fixed it for the newer model year.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
jaigandhi5 wrote: We just placed a deposit on a new red 2018 GT with tech package (41750 OTR with AA/Carplay).

Did you buy it from Keiswetter :)?

Issues so far...

About 7 months ownership now and ~20k...
  • Passenger rear door got a stone chip in like 3 weeks lol. I admit what can you do. I asked for a quick paint pen fix
  • Passenger door is chipping away after one winter
  • Car makes this weird clunking noise at the front when it's cold outside, I think it's the module in the front of the windshield
  • Passenger rim has a small fracture
Without ceramic coating and PPF this car would be riddled with dings and dots imo
Last edited by george__ on Mar 25th, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3010 posts
192 upvotes
Waterloo
george__ wrote: Mine is a LEMON (a little exaggerated)

Did you buy it from Keiswetter :)?

Issues so far...

About 7 months ownership now and ~20k

Day 1...
PPF on the entire front
Ceramic coated the entire car

20k later
Passenger door is chipped
Car makes this weird clunking noise at the front when it's cold outside, I think it's the module in the front of the windshield
Passenger rim has a small fracture
HA thanks, that's really helping me feel better :P
Did you take it back to the dealer for the chips?

No, only a few dealers had 2018 leftovers. It was from a dealer in GTA.
:arrow: :arrowl:
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
jaigandhi5 wrote: HA thanks, that's really helping me feel better :P
Did you take it back to the dealer for the chips?

No, only a few dealers had 2018 leftovers. It was from a dealer in GTA.
Yes they fixed the chip on the rear passenger door with a paint pen ... It looks okay but upclose it's blah

I'm waiting for weather to get better before they deal with the passenger front door.

The rim, I'm not going to bother since it's highly unlikely they will fix it

You will like driving it though and it stands out :)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2143 posts
1566 upvotes
Are the April 2019 Mazda Canada incentives out yet?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3135 posts
1308 upvotes

Wait, excuse me, what's the build date (mth)?
How much disc. you got?