• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 11:14 pm
5 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1933 posts
311 upvotes
Calgary
It looks like they are piggy-backing on BMO's direct payment system. They are charging $2 per transaction and they hold your money for 2-3 days. So it might be useful to a business with a modest number of larger monthly transactions.

We happen to be a BMO customer and use their direct payment system. It has per transaction fees that are much lower. However, it took us a long time before we had enough dollar volume & daily transactions to justify all the other fixed costs associated with treasury management accounts. Payment is same day (or worst case over night if we don't upload files before 17:00 Eastern Time.)
[OP]
Feb 3, 2010
145 posts
65 upvotes
Is that what this new credit card is about or their payment service?
Jul 18, 2021
1 posts
Basically works anywhere Visa and Mastercards are accepted. Automatic pay-off (in full at the end of 30 days) and > $25k starting limit.

In short, it's a $25k cash float but without interest or monthly/annual fees.

Useful for owners who struggle with cash flow or can't get approved for a company card.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2010
145 posts
65 upvotes
Also found out you must be incorporated in order to get this card.
Mar 3, 2009
916 posts
398 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I once had an AMEX business charge card which is basically the same as this except AMEX gives points or cash back on their cards.

If I remember rightly they took the individuals credit file into account as well as the corporation to determine a credit limit.

The only benefit of the product the OP mentions is if you cannot get a corporate credit card and want credit. Otherwise I see little benefit and most likely a lot of fees if you don't pay the balance in full each month.