Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
MBNA

Best Western Reward MBNA MC - 60K bonus is back?

Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
Also, does anyone know if you can churn this card?
Feb 13, 2010
45 posts
11 upvotes
I signed up for the 60k offer a few months ago and received the initial 20k on my first transaction and then another 20k when hitting 2k spend, which I was surprised wasn't 40k. Anyone else have this issue? Clearly I signed up for a minimum spend offer because the points didn't post until my spend but now I'm short and I've read it's a hassle to call them.

Any tips?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
gt rider wrote: I signed up for the 60k offer a few months ago and received the initial 20k on my first transaction and then another 20k when hitting 2k spend, which I was surprised wasn't 40k. Anyone else have this issue? Clearly I signed up for a minimum spend offer because the points didn't post until my spend but now I'm short and I've read it's a hassle to call them.

Any tips?
Double and triple check you did spend $2000 before the 90 days after approval date.

If all good, then you have no choice but to call and ask them to double-check on their end. The Source Code for the 60K promo is "DAAQ19". During your call, ask the rep to see if they can see/spot this code somewhere in your application's source file. If yes then you're fully eligible for that offer. Show them a screenshot of the offer page if need be.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Dec 29, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
I recently received my 40K points. This was pretty much 90 days after my approval date. This is in my MBNA Rewards activity but it hasn't yet been transferred to my Best Western account yet. Does anyone know when the points get transferred? The initial 20K points was transferred at some point so I know it will happen and my BW account is linked.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2162 posts
965 upvotes
Victoria
Hi all, is it fine to cancel the card once the 60k points have been safely transferred to Best Western account?
Mar 28, 2017
96 posts
41 upvotes
MaxPower19 wrote: Hi all, is it fine to cancel the card once the 60k points have been safely transferred to Best Western account?
Absolutely. Some people suggest retaining a card for 6 months but I am yet to hear of any concrete reasoning behind this assertion.
May 5, 2013
412 posts
284 upvotes
NORTH YORK
damn.... loss 60K points!
I totally forgot about this promotion and I didn't make any transaction to qualify for the points!
Nov 13, 2016
424 posts
462 upvotes
Montreal
bizee-bee wrote: Double and triple check you did spend $2000 before the 90 days after approval date.

If all good, then you have no choice but to call and ask them to double-check on their end. The Source Code for the 60K promo is "DAAQ19". During your call, ask the rep to see if they can see/spot this code somewhere in your application's source file. If yes then you're fully eligible for that offer. Show them a screenshot of the offer page if need be.
Is this offer still live ? If not, whats the best BW promo available
Sharing is Caring ;) | Koodo | Amex | ATT | Fizz
Feb 13, 2010
45 posts
11 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Double and triple check you did spend $2000 before the 90 days after approval date.

Thanks Bee. I called them and asked about the missing points, they couldn't check for the source code but said they captured all the details and would send it to the right team (they provided a case #). Roughly 10 business days later I got an email stating the extra points would be added and sure enough they are already in my BW account. So it did need the follow-up but I got them without issue.

On a side note, I booked a stay for 10k in early December and have yet to see the points come out (even though I received 500 bonus points from my stay).
Feb 4, 2009
482 posts
188 upvotes
Calgary
If my wife applies, can we combine our points together if we go on a trip? Or use them separately?
Mar 2, 2014
930 posts
559 upvotes
Ontario
satanshollow wrote: If my wife applies, can we combine our points together if we go on a trip? Or use them separately?
We did that and BW customer service later transferred points from her account to mine. Both had same address
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8511 posts
6256 upvotes
satanshollow wrote: If my wife applies, can we combine our points together if we go on a trip? Or use them separately?
You can give your BW account to link with her card. They just ask for BW account #

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)