Expired Hot Deals

MBNA Canada

Amazon‌.‌ca Rewards Mastercard: Enjoy 5% back on eligible restaurants & entertainment YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2022 7:48 am
[OP]
Nov 6, 2014
205 posts
332 upvotes
Canada

[MBNA Canada] Amazon‌.‌ca Rewards Mastercard: Enjoy 5% back on eligible restaurants & entertainment YMMV

Expiry:
December 31, 2022
Retailer:
MBNA Canada
More offers from MBNA Canada
Just received an email from MBNA offering 5% cash back on eligible restaurants & entertainment between now and Dec 31. Just the right time for dining over the holiday seasons. The offer needs activation by clicking an Enroll button on the email.

Details:
Enroll with a click and enjoy 5% back on eligible restaurants & entertainment.
use your Amazon‌.‌ca Rewards Mastercard to earn points on eligible restaurant and entertainment purchases. That includes sports, music and movies! Eligible purchases that you and your authorized users¤ make will automatically earn points for your account.
Opt in below to earn 5% back on eligible restaurant and entertainment purchases until December 31, 2022! Enrolling is the only way to take part in this offer.
Conditions apply.

Eligible Purchases From Terms & Conditions:
The Offer applies to the Eligible Purchases charged and posted to the Account during the Offer Period until a maximum total collective spend of $3,000 of such Eligible Purchases has been made during the Offer Period (the Offer Spend Cap). Eligible Purchases means Restaurant and Entertainment Purchases charged and posted to the Account from a merchant that is coded with a Merchant Category Code ("MCC") of 5811 (Caterers), 5812 (Eating Places And Restaurants), 5813 (Bars/Taverns/Lounges/Discos), 5814 (Fast Food Restaurants), 5816 (Digital Goods: Games), 7032 (Sporting/Recreational Camps), 7829 (Films/Video Production/Distribution), 7832 (Motion Picture Theatres), 7841 (Dvd/Video Tape Rental Stores), 7911 (Dance Halls/Studios/Schools), 7922 (Theatrical Producers), 7929 (Bands/Orchestras/Entertain), 7932 (Billiard/Pool Establishment), 7933 (Bowling Alleys), 7941 (Commercial/Pro Sports), 7991 (Tourist Attractions And Exhibits), 7992 (Public Golf Courses), 7993 (Video Amusement Game Supply), 7994 (Video Game Arcades/Establish), 7996 (Amusement Parks/Circus), 7997 (Member Clubs/Sport/Rec/Golf), 7998 (Aquariums/Seaquariums), 7999 (Recreation Services), 7033 (Campgrounds And Trailer Parks), 4899 (Cable/Pay Tv Services).
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 27th, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4668 posts
4163 upvotes
Simplii Visa. 4% all the time at restaurants...

With that said didn't like their "updating" of my profile. Asking invasive questions that weren't relevant... Closed my account with them.
Feb 18, 2004
817 posts
298 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Simplii Visa. 4% all the time at restaurants...
This. Plus Simplii Visa has 10% back for all restaurants purchases in the first 4 month up to $500 spent, and $150 sign-up bonus (see other thread). Much hotter deal than this IMO.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13044 posts
8286 upvotes
Markham

With that said didn't like their "updating" of my profile. Asking invasive questions that weren't relevant... Closed my account with them.
gabbycup wrote: This. Plus Simplii Visa has 10% back for all restaurants purchases in the first 4 month up to $500 spent, and $150 sign-up bonus (see other thread). Much hotter deal than this IMO.
Simplii card offer is for new customers. This mbna offer is for existing customers. Different customer base
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9280 posts
10512 upvotes
The Prairies
They had a similar offer once before, and I never got that offer either Disappointed But Relieved Face
No idea why no love from MBNA.
[OP]
Nov 6, 2014
205 posts
332 upvotes
Canada

I also use the Simplii Visa to pay for all my restaurant bills, but 5% is definitely better than 4%. The extra 1% over the next 3+ months will be enough to pay for my shopping spree at Dollarama Smiling Face With Open Mouth.
Also the Simplii 4% is limited to the first $5000 restaurant bills per year, this 5% cashback from Amazon MBNA CC will give me an extra $3000 headroom although it is limited in time.

I have the Amazon card for about a year now but had never been asked invasive questions, or any questions, at all. Not sure if they all went to my email spam box or were blocked online by ad-blocker.
Last edited by fun4life2 on Sep 20th, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1404 posts
1645 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for posting! Didn't know there was an Amazon MBNA card. I'll see if I can do a product switch now from my 1% :)
Dec 24, 2007
853 posts
141 upvotes
GTA
I got that offer, charged to McDonald and a few other restaurants that Tangerine typically gives bonus cash back , but didn't get any multiplier... sounds like a scam
May 19, 2017
380 posts
561 upvotes
pandorazw wrote: I got that offer, charged to McDonald and a few other restaurants that Tangerine typically gives bonus cash back , but didn't get any multiplier... sounds like a scam
Please allow up to 6 weeks after the Offer Period for the Bonus Points to be applied to the Account. The Account must be open, active and in good standing to earn the points. Any returned items, refunds, rebates, or other similar credits will reduce or cancel the Bonus Points earned on the original Eligible Purchase.
Nov 30, 2007
216 posts
140 upvotes
Where is the link to activate? I have this card but I can't find link to this deal in my account.
Nov 22, 2012
756 posts
859 upvotes
NS
Targeted bonus offers are activated by clicking the activation link provided in the MBNA email.
Dec 22, 2013
290 posts
305 upvotes
East york
pandorazw wrote: I got that offer, charged to McDonald and a few other restaurants that Tangerine typically gives bonus cash back , but didn't get any multiplier... sounds like a scam
Had the same experience. I was only awarded base points.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2198 posts
2667 upvotes
fun4life2 wrote: I also use the Simplii Visa to pay for all my restaurant bills, but 5% is definitely better than 4%. The extra 1% over the next 3+ months will be enough to pay for my shopping spree at Dollarama Smiling Face With Open Mouth.
Also the Simplii 4% is limited to the first $5000 restaurant bills per year, this 5% cashback from Amazon MBNA CC will give me an extra $3000 headroom although it is limited in time.

I have the Amazon card for about a year now but had never been asked invasive questions, or any questions, at all. Not sure if they all went to my email spam box or were blocked online by ad-blocker.
5000 a year works out to be more than 100 bucks a week...not sure about u, but thats more than enough for me
Oct 20, 2022
1 posts
1 upvote
I believe that this promotion is phoney. I received the email 3 times and click on it each time but I have never received the 5%. I've called MBNA twice and they had no idea what I was talking about. Has anyone gotten the bonus points?