Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12693 posts
9611 upvotes
Leask
Mcklain wrote: Anyone received a letter in the past few days telling that MBNA is no longer issuing the New-Brunswick Trueline card and that they will issue a replacement card?
Not a letter, but I spoke to a customer service rep who kind of suggested they'd be nixing the affinity cards and PS'ing them to in-market rewards card.

This could soon end our 1% intro BT deals...
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7250 posts
1674 upvotes
multi city dweller
titaniumtux wrote: Not a letter, but I spoke to a customer service rep who kind of suggested they'd be nixing the affinity cards and PS'ing them to in-market rewards card.

This could soon end our 1% intro BT deals...
Will that be the end of MBNA BT?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12693 posts
9611 upvotes
Leask
LOL808 wrote: Will that be the end of MBNA BT?
There'll still be the 3% BT fee for 0%/10 months on the TL with some GCR $$...but with my MBNA CL that'll be more expensive to BT than AmEx charge card annual fees :lol:
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1098 posts
427 upvotes
Regina
jeeva86 wrote: this is a card that you have previously used already? i never had that offered to me and I've done like 10+ BTs!
Currently have a balance.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Apr 6, 2007
408 posts
103 upvotes
Called MBNA to do a BT today and was told that BT is currently suspended until further notice due to a system issue. Anyone else had any issues recently?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7250 posts
1674 upvotes
multi city dweller
samhoque wrote: Called MBNA to do a BT today and was told that BT is currently suspended until further notice due to a system issue. Anyone else had any issues recently?
i won't be surprised if MBNA closes up shop soon.
Their offering and services seems to have gradually been going downhill since TD took them over.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4494 posts
2706 upvotes
Vancouver
jeeva86 wrote: yea i know that about them already, i'm failing on new account/userid! I get to the final page and then it says sorry the system is unavailable on both FF/chrome, so curious to know if others have any issues.
Did this issue resolve for you? Currently having the same issue.

Ron.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11539 posts
10517 upvotes
samhoque wrote: Called MBNA to do a BT today and was told that BT is currently suspended until further notice due to a system issue. Anyone else had any issues recently?
I do not see any BT offer on my 2 MBNA CCs.
I hope TD is not tighten the credit during COVID with people adding more debt. Just saying.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2601 posts
610 upvotes
Montreal
Damn and my churning is comming in about a month...
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
6782 posts
6376 upvotes
The Prairies
LOL808 wrote: Their offering and services seems to have gradually been going downhill since TD took them over.
I’m sure that’s no surprise to anyone.
The only surprise is that it’s taking this long.
Jul 24, 2013
123 posts
129 upvotes
I hope they dont right down cancel and honour the current offers
Mar 23, 2004
40878 posts
6926 upvotes
Markham
I totally smell BS from the rep. Have you try calling again or verify from a supervisor?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7250 posts
1674 upvotes
multi city dweller
MrB0mbastiC wrote: I hope they dont right down cancel and honour the current offers
I think if MBNA is not getting enough bizness or TD is covering too much of its losses, they may have to walk away from all existing obligation.

That's why if you have outstanding BT's, it's best to have sufficient LOC to cover them just in case.

Not to imply this is going to happen for sure ...
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4494 posts
2706 upvotes
Vancouver
jeeva86 wrote: Nope
Wow.. so it's been unavailable over a week. I tried calling and couldn't get through to anyone. Did you contact a rep?

I just got my first MBNA card (I know, so late to the game).. this is not a good first impression.

Ron.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)