• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 11:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2147 posts
958 upvotes
MrWalker wrote: I have the BW card and they keep sending me those 0.0% offers for 10 month.

Wonder if they would approve me if I applied for a 2nd BW card be nice to get the 20 k points again.

I was going to close this BW one but they keep sending me those offers. It's a great deal.Smiling Face With Sunglasses
0% interest with what BT fee? I seem to always get 0% offers on all my MBNA cards, but the fee is never less than 2%, which is meh. IMO churning this with 0% introductory rate which comes with 1% BT fee is the way to use it.
Jun 13, 2018
922 posts
642 upvotes
mbmbkop wrote: 0% interest with what BT fee? I seem to always get 0% offers on all my MBNA cards, but the fee is never less than 2%, which is meh. IMO churning this with 0% introductory rate which comes with 1% BT fee is the way to use it.
I just got the 0% / 2% fee offer, both online & in the mail. My current term runs to June on the same BW card too. I guess promo department doesn't talk to current accounts
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1312 posts
499 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'm thinking to apply for one of these low % BT cards. I currently have the mbna rewards WE which is my main card (2% & no annual fee) but I may be making a large cash purchase so this would be great. Would be nice if via GCR to offset the 1% a bit! I believe I can move some of the limit from the RWE card in case they approve with a low limit? Any suggestions which card to go with?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
nahsha wrote: I'm thinking to apply for one of these low % BT cards. I currently have the mbna rewards WE which is my main card (2% & no annual fee) but I may be making a large cash purchase so this would be great. Would be nice if via GCR to offset the 1% a bit! I believe I can move some of the limit from the RWE card in case they approve with a low limit? Any suggestions which card to go with?
0%/6 months TrueLine on GCR, to offset BT fee. With a high CL, 0%/10 months is better.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1312 posts
499 upvotes
Montreal, QC
titaniumtux wrote: 0%/6 months TrueLine on GCR, to offset BT fee. With a high CL, 0%/10 months is better.
Thanks, is there a card which remains low % after the 6 / 10 months? Like 2-4%?

I also have a line of credit at prime, and no BT fee. Need to see what's the best approach.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
nahsha wrote: Thanks, is there a card which remains low % after the 6 / 10 months? Like 2-4%?

I also have a line of credit at prime, and no BT fee. Need to see what's the best approach.
Nah. More like lousy 10%.

Just bounce between BT offers.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Jan 18, 2017
824 posts
421 upvotes
Thank you so much for this thread, OP!

I'm planning to make a large purchase, and having 0% for 10months would really help instead of depleting my savings right away.

From what I understand, I can applying for the Ryerson card, despite not ever having attended Ryerson; and BT 0% to my chequing account. Then when the 10months is close, I can apply to another available card and get another 10months; given my credit can support the increased limit?

I should just collect $ in a savings account to pay it off in case I ever run out of these promos, right?

Thanks!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
KevCnew wrote: Thank you so much for this thread, OP!

I'm planning to make a large purchase, and having 0% for 10months would really help instead of depleting my savings right away.

From what I understand, I can applying for the Ryerson card, despite not ever having attended Ryerson; and BT 0% to my chequing account. Then when the 10months is close, I can apply to another available card and get another 10months; given my credit can support the increased limit?

I should just collect $ in a savings account to pay it off in case I ever run out of these promos, right?

Thanks!
along those lines. you might want to get bt cards from other fi's if you won't pay card off in full with your own money at end of promo.
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
Hi... first time churner, so please go easy on me.

I have my very first MBNA BT coming due on May 2, 2019. I'm trying to figure out the exact logistics.

1. When should I apply for the 0%/10 months University of New Brunswick card -- should I apply for it NOW, or should I wait until closer to the date? Does it matter which university card on the 0%/10 months list I start off with?
2. When applying for the University of New Brunswick card, how do I know what kind of credit limit I will be getting on it? How do I request a higher credit limit when applying for the University of New Brunswick card?
3. I pay off my existing MBNA BT card with my own cash, correct (via Bill Payment from my online bank account)? If it's coming up on May 2, 2019, WHEN should I pay it off? How do I find out the exact amount that I need to pay in order to full pay it off as of that day (but without overpaying)? What about the extra couple of days of interest between when I initiate the payment that they receive the payment?
4. I then call into MBNA and ask to transfer my entire credit limit (except for $500) from the old MBNA BT card to the new University of New Brunswick card?
5. Will the old MBNA BT card and new University of New Brunswick card both be linked under my current MBNA online account, or do I have to open a NEW MBNA online account?
6. Do the Balance Transfer using the University of New Brunswick card.

Thanks!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
@mattchoo YES to most of that.
  1. if you accidentally overpay, no big deal. Call MBNA to direct deposit the excess back to bank account
  2. I'd make the final payment at least a week or two before the deadline to be safe, but some people got their timing to a T, or use pre-auth
  3. After CL merge, you're free to BT off the new card
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
mattchoo,
I've asked similar questions about a first-time go-through of MBNA BTs --- see further upthread;
- what I gathered was that I should pay off the first card and THEN apply for another one;
- this is just my understanding of the optimal way to proceed to get the highest CL on round 2;

In my case, I have the advantage of having been approved this past week for a $25K unsecured line of credit;
I'll use that to pay off my $14K BT from MBNA in June
and then,
I'll apply for the MBNA Trueline promotion.
Mar 14, 2015
180 posts
61 upvotes
Montreal, QC
so i just initiated an online bt with a unb card but i wasn't charged the 1% tranfer fee ! I also see that the minimum payment of the bt seems to be 10$ instead of the 1% usually required. when looking at the statement it also seems that only part of the bt was under the promo at 0 %. when i applied, my initial credit limit was at 10 k. i then shifted cl around to bump it to 30k. did a bt of 29700 $ to my bank account but on the statement, it only show as 9900$ under 0% promo (which kind of look like 10k minus the 1% fee) but no mention of the rest of the money. anybody else had that happen before ?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
lamerveille wrote: so i just initiated an online bt with a unb card but i wasn't charged the 1% tranfer fee ! I also see that the minimum payment of the bt seems to be 10$ instead of the 1% usually required. when looking at the statement it also seems that only part of the bt was under the promo at 0 %. when i applied, my initial credit limit was at 10 k. i then shifted cl around to bump it to 30k. did a bt of 29700 $ to my bank account but on the statement, it only show as 9900$ under 0% promo (which kind of look like 10k minus the 1% fee) but no mention of the rest of the money. anybody else had that happen before ?
How did you do this concretely --- by calling in?
I assume the customer service representative didn't mention anything about the BT being limited to the initially-approved CL?

Keep us posted, I'm interested in your experience.
Oct 15, 2009
511 posts
211 upvotes
Winnipeg
lamerveille wrote: so i just initiated an online bt with a unb card but i wasn't charged the 1% tranfer fee ! I also see that the minimum payment of the bt seems to be 10$ instead of the 1% usually required. when looking at the statement it also seems that only part of the bt was under the promo at 0 %. when i applied, my initial credit limit was at 10 k. i then shifted cl around to bump it to 30k. did a bt of 29700 $ to my bank account but on the statement, it only show as 9900$ under 0% promo (which kind of look like 10k minus the 1% fee) but no mention of the rest of the money. anybody else had that happen before ?
Interesting. Mine is doing that too. I have a $20K credit line and just got my first statement and it says only $9900 under 0% promo. I just assumed it was an error as it's exactly half of my BT amount ($19800), but if yours is the same then there must be some sort of error on their system. I'm going to contact them when I have time to ensure they didn't mess something up.
Oct 15, 2009
511 posts
211 upvotes
Winnipeg
Answers in bold.
mattchoo wrote: Hi... first time churner, so please go easy on me.

I have my very first MBNA BT coming due on May 2, 2019. I'm trying to figure out the exact logistics.

1. When should I apply for the 0%/10 months University of New Brunswick card -- should I apply for it NOW, or should I wait until closer to the date? Does it matter which university card on the 0%/10 months list I start off with?
I would wait until closer to the date. You do have enough buffer for the 90 day period, but probably better to wait. Doesn't matter which card you get.
2. When applying for the University of New Brunswick card, how do I know what kind of credit limit I will be getting on it? How do I request a higher credit limit when applying for the University of New Brunswick card?
You don't know. For me, typically they pull available credit from my previous card to make the new one. This is one reason it's always best to pay off the first one before applying. It makes it much less likely they'll reject you as they can pull from your available credit on your other card. I believe you can call and ask for a higher limit, possibly even online.
3. I pay off my existing MBNA BT card with my own cash, correct (via Bill Payment from my online bank account)? YesIf it's coming up on May 2, 2019, WHEN should I pay it off? I believe the actual due date is the statement closing date after May 2nd. To be safe I always pay it a week before that promo end date How do I find out the exact amount that I need to pay in order to full pay it off as of that day (but without overpaying)? What about the extra couple of days of interest between when I initiate the payment that they receive the payment? Not sure what you're asking. if it's a 0% promo, there shouldn't be any interest over those days. Near the end of your promo, just pay off the full amount owing listed on your online account.
4. I then call into MBNA and ask to transfer my entire credit limit (except for $500) from the old MBNA BT card to the new University of New Brunswick card? Once you get the new card, call to transfer the entire limit from the old one to the new one. There isn't really a reason to leave any balance on the old one.
5. Will the old MBNA BT card and new University of New Brunswick card both be linked under my current MBNA online account, or do I have to open a NEW MBNA online account? This seems to be YMMV. I've never had any luck linking my new card in my old account. I've always had to create a new account for each one (I have 4 now). The first time I was able to get them to merge my online accounts, but it took over a month before they could do it. Now I just don't bother. Apparently its something to do with the new card not showing any connection to my old card in their system.
6. Do the Balance Transfer using the University of New Brunswick card.

Thanks!
Jan 18, 2017
824 posts
421 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: along those lines. you might want to get bt cards from other fi's if you won't pay card off in full with your own money at end of promo.
Thanks! Wow. I got approved for 3x more than I needed - immediately lol. The remainder is going into a Savings account and I'll have more than the balance before the 10 months are up.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
KevCnew wrote: Thanks! Wow. I got approved for 3x more than I needed - immediately lol. The remainder is going into a Savings account and I'll have more than the balance before the 10 months are up.
You mind saying how much?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
andrew4321 wrote: ON based, my previous promo expires in 3 weeks and I am looking for a new one. Anything better than True Line https://www.mbna.ca/en/credit-cards/low ... mastercard ?
Have you had a look at the offers in the first two posts of this thread --- the university cards and the 0% for 10m Trueline?

Which promotion of yours is expiring?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2280 posts
991 upvotes
Toronto
John47 wrote: Have you had a look at the offers in the first two posts of this thread --- the university cards and the 0% for 10m Trueline?
All 0%/10 months links from the first page are coming back with "Oops! Something went wrong." Is it possible to get them in a different way?
And one more question. How do I use the "source code"? TIA

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)