Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 30, 2015
825 posts
568 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

MBNA sent me a letter but no card?

Hey guys, I've applied for the Amazon card and they said they would mail me the physical card along with the user agreement.

13 days later (yesterday) I got a letter from MBNA but it's only a pamphlet saying I have to register on their website and and some benefits paperwork.
The envelope did not contain the physical card or the user agreement. And I can't register on the website without the card number.

I tried calling but the waiting time was too long, I will try again later or tomorrow. I am worried the payment due date will come and I have no statement or credit card number to pay the bill.

Anyone with the same card know if they send 2 letters of if it's actually missing?
10 replies
Jul 20, 2017
954 posts
1119 upvotes
the usual boilerplate timing is 10 business days. So 13 real days isn't quite that. You'll probably get it monday/tues/wed. If not by then, yea you'll have to call and get a new card sent.

Not too unusual to receive promo mail before the card. Since the card takes a day or 2 to manufacture, but the promo mail is auto printed/mailed out soon as ur a member.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2060 posts
3242 upvotes
BC
For my last MBNA card I also received a separate envelope with some paperwork before the card arrived. You'll probably receive the card in the next few days. If not, call MBNA and ask for a replacement card to be expedited.
Feb 4, 2017
867 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
I am pretty sure the card is coming separately, I have previous MBNA cards delivered like that.

I dont understand why you are worried about making payment to the credit card before it's due date? You don't even know your credit card number and made no purchases on the card. If your payment due date is today, the amount will be $0.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2060 posts
3242 upvotes
BC
CheapMang wrote: I dont understand why you are worried about making payment to the credit card before it's due date? You don't even know your credit card number and made no purchases on the card. If your payment due date is today, the amount will be $0.
If the card has an annual fee it would be charged on the first statement. I've had that happen, that the first statement generated with the AF on it before the card arrived.
Feb 4, 2017
867 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
rhw123 wrote: If the card has an annual fee it would be charged on the first statement. I've had that happen, that the first statement generated with the AF on it before the card arrived.
The amazon card does not have an annual fee.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2015
825 posts
568 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
CheapMang wrote: I am pretty sure the card is coming separately, I have previous MBNA cards delivered like that.

I dont understand why you are worried about making payment to the credit card before it's due date? You don't even know your credit card number and made no purchases on the card. If your payment due date is today, the amount will be $0.
amazon pre-approves it and it's already my default payment at amazon and I made a few purchases already, even without knowing the actual card number
Feb 4, 2017
867 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
pca1987 wrote: amazon pre-approves it and it's already my default payment at amazon and I made a few purchases already, even without knowing the actual card number
Oh wow, didn't know they do that. Ok, that explains why you're worried then
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2060 posts
3242 upvotes
BC
CheapMang wrote: The amazon card does not have an annual fee.
You are right. I completely read over the part where OP said they applied for the Amazon card :rolleyes:
Jan 18, 2015
833 posts
553 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
I applied for/changed cards and actually got my acceptance letter almost 2 weeks after receiving my card! So it seems COVID YMMV applies. So yeah, they should be sending more than one envelope to you.
Max Low Income NoAF CB:
SLOT1: Simplii 4%/1.5%
SLOT2: 3% (Grocery) BMO CB MC ** MC for WM Supercentre+NoFrills
SLOT3: 2% Tang 2/3 categories AND/OR 2% Desjardins Remises/CB (Specific Categories)
SLOT4: 1.25% (OTHER) Amex SC
[OP]
Aug 30, 2015
825 posts
568 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
CouponBaron wrote: I applied for/changed cards and actually got my acceptance letter almost 2 weeks after receiving my card! So it seems COVID YMMV applies. So yeah, they should be sending more than one envelope to you.
good to know they send two, I'll just wait then. Thanks!