[Mc Afee] Free 1 year of McAfee Antivirus for ScotiaBankers

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2018 2:12 pm
20 replies
Jul 3, 2012
62 posts
76 upvotes
Regina
Or you can just run bitcoin/any-coin farming. Both slow down the computer but at least you can make some $ from that slowness.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
211 upvotes
ShadowyS wrote: Or you can just run bitcoin/any-coin farming. Both slow down the computer but at least you can make some $ from that slowness.
what? relevance?
I already have McAfee from corporation. Free. I remember Rogers internet users used to get free AV software.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Oct 15, 2016
201 posts
237 upvotes
first 100 callers also receive one year of Hepatitis A absolutely FREE
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5476 posts
2296 upvotes
More like punishment for user before you reinstall OS
Aug 22, 2012
109 posts
30 upvotes
It's under All Products > Online & Mobile > McAfee Security Software section once you login.

Have to create an account on mcafee and provide cc # too and you will be charged after 1 yr incase you don't cancel the service.
Sep 4, 2005
253 posts
169 upvotes
rkt1337 wrote: please nobody install mcafee, you are SAFER with no antivirus.
That’s the most ignorant statement I’ve heard all year.

Better advice: use Windows Defender.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1237 posts
309 upvotes
hammy wrote: That’s the most ignorant statement I’ve heard all year.

And only 6 days into the new year.....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4578 upvotes
Alberta

Defender is all we use on 4 computers at home. Never had any problems. I don’t think many people make viruses anymore, they are too busy trying to scam you out of your money.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2328 posts
701 upvotes
New Brunswick
Didn't know that Scotia hated their OnLine banking customers.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1463 posts
1121 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
raichu1 wrote: Didn't know that Scotia hated their OnLine banking customers.
Scotia hates all their customers that’s why their customer service is arguably the worst among the big 5 and their banking products (excepting their credit products) aren’t winning any awards.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2328 posts
701 upvotes
New Brunswick
Altera wrote: Scotia hates all their customers that’s why their customer service is arguably the worst among the big 5 and their banking products (excepting their credit products) aren’t winning any awards.
You can hate someone and still provide great service.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2866 posts
2195 upvotes
GTA Ontario
jackrabbit000 wrote: Defender is all we use on 4 computers at home. Never had any problems. I don’t think many people make viruses anymore, they are too busy trying to scam you out of your money.
"Defender is all we use on 4 computers at home. Never had any problems." -- And as long as you continue to be aware of what not to do, and avoid risky activites, you're likely to continue to have no problem. Defender does work but it's far below real antivirus software in effectiveness, and likley isn't actually doing much for you. You can find out by checking its logs and seeing if it's caught anything. If not, either you're just not giving it anything to catch (not doing risky things), or you're infected with something it didn't catch (less likely I'd guess).

"I don’t think many people make viruses anymore,..." -- Right, only 4 last year, compared to 3 in 2016, 2 in 2015, 1 in 2014...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_ ... _and_worms

"...they are too busy trying to scam you out of your money." -- Those are not the same people. There are more and more scams just as there are more and more viruses, and people really should be aware of how to avoid both.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5476 posts
2296 upvotes

Well, that will happen automatically when you uninstall the McCrappy crap
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1028 posts
833 upvotes
Moncton
raichu1 wrote: Didn't know that Scotia hated their OnLine banking customers.
Of course they do... they've been trying to get folks to install trusteer rootkit software for years...........
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Arguably the worst paid AV on the planet.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1300 posts
607 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
Bell also offers this crap free. Stay away.