Food & Drink

McDonald-No more coffee refills starting Sept 15, 2016 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2016 5:08 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
3986 posts
2843 upvotes

McDonald-No more coffee refills starting Sept 15, 2016 (YMMV)

Just found out the news today after the cashier point out a sign at the front.....Confused Face
Last edited by farfargurl on Oct 11th, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8498 upvotes
GTHA
farfargurl wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 3:01 pm
Just found out the news today after the cashier point out a sign at the front.....Confused Face
I was able to get a refill on Wednesday (sept 21st) at the Atrium (Downtown Toronto) location.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
3986 posts
2843 upvotes
The manager/supervisor girl said it was for all locations.....the reason stated on the sign was to keep the menu price the same so they are stopping the refill program....
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4067 posts
650 upvotes
My local McD stopped the free coffee refills almost a year ago. That store was pretty open about saying that people were cheating the system by getting multiple coffees for their friends who hadn't purchased anything. Like geez, a small coffee with free refills was only $1.39+tax and abusers had to ruin it for the rest of us.
Jul 11, 2009
264 posts
69 upvotes
Yep, once again the scammers ruin it for the rest of us. I was in a McDonald's not long ago and a guy came in from outside and sauntered up to the counter with a beat up looking large coffee cup. Of course the staff gave him a coffee no problem. I asked him how long he had been using that cup and he proudly said about 2 weeks. What a deadbeat.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
3986 posts
2843 upvotes
chipspew wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 6:20 pm
Yep, once again the scammers ruin it for the rest of us. I was in a McDonald's not long ago and a guy came in from outside and sauntered up to the counter with a beat up looking large coffee cup. Of course the staff gave him a coffee no problem. I asked him how long he had been using that cup and he proudly said about 2 weeks. What a deadbeat.
:facepalm: Angry Face
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3183 posts
6775 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Had a coffee with a refill today. The locations I frequent in the greater Edmonton area use a marker and write "R" or "Refill" on the cup to try to prevent abuse.
Oct 24, 2005
928 posts
185 upvotes
Wow. Just killed the elderly asian men market.
2006 - Pepsi/Frito Lay Win Every Hour Contest - 1279 Entries - Loser!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
its different by store it seems i get refills in Scarborough all the time but you cant get a refill downtown lol
is it free :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20206 posts
4164 upvotes
Poormond Hill
chipspew wrote:
Even a better reason to stop it. Unsanitary. Customer comes in with a dirty cup and continues serving other customers with their dirty hands.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1237 posts
275 upvotes
Edmonton
sandikosh wrote:
Sep 25th, 2016 8:30 am
chipspew wrote:
Even a better reason to stop it. Unsanitary. Customer comes in with a dirty cup and continues serving other customers with their dirty hands.
Isn't it the cashiers who make coffee anyway?

Whenever I get coffee from McDonald's, the lid smells and tastes like coins... :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8498 upvotes
GTHA
501 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2016 2:31 am
its different by store it seems i get refills in Scarborough all the time but you cant get a refill downtown lol
I was able to get a refill on Wednesday (sept 21st) at the Atrium (Downtown Toronto) location.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12562 posts
642 upvotes
I find many downtown Toronto restaurants don't provide refills and some of the ones that do require a receipt to show that you purchased it at that location.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4630 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to get re-fill this past Saturday in North York area, ONT.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1965 posts
314 upvotes
Red Deer
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I had a question about McDonalds coffee sticker system; I'm new to McDonalds coffee and so far I'm liking it a lot. I noticed they have what essentially is a buy 7 get one free with the stickers. Today though I noticed instead of the regular sticker, they have the Monopoly stickers on their cups. Looks like the Monopoly play period runs into November. Do customers have the choice between the two promos? I only ask because I'm not really interested in playing Monopoly and find the other promo better for me.