Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

$1 any size McCafe coffee is back at McDonald (YMMV for now)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2019 1:00 pm
Apr 22, 2010
519 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Bubblegum86 wrote: Question for the RFD community: If i buy a prepaid Visa card, can i add it to the app? Would buy the lowest ($25) and reload if possible or buy a new one if needed.

Reason being i dint trust the app security and wont enter my credit card info.
You can add it to the app, however, I would not even for a prepaid. Anecdotally, I used my Stack Mastercard (which is a prepaid Mastercard) for the McDonald's app, and like someone else mentioned in this thread, someone had a buffet at McDonald's in Quebec (while I'm in Ontario) and now I have to wait for a new card to be issued, lots of hassle.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
Seininya wrote: You can add it to the app, however, I would not even for a prepaid. Anecdotally, I used my Stack Mastercard (which is a prepaid Mastercard) for the McDonald's app, and like someone else mentioned in this thread, someone had a buffet at McDonald's in Quebec (while I'm in Ontario) and now I have to wait for a new card to be issued, lots of hassle.
I am talking the Vanilla Prepaid cards you can get at a gas station. App requires a name when adding a card so not sure if they will work. . Main reason for using it would be not to change all my other stuff linked to my MasterCard.
Banned
Apr 2, 2019
3 posts
I have the US version app, I assume I need to update to the Canadian version to get it? Or is it based on my profile? Anyone were able to use it in Canada with the US app?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2635 posts
2961 upvotes
Niagara, ON
tiladeal wrote: I have the US version app, I assume I need to update to the Canadian version to get it? Or is it based on my profile? Anyone were able to use it in Canada with the US app?
They are separate apps. At least on Android, you need to have separate Google accounts to download them from the Play store too.

You can't search for Canadian restaurants in the US app, and can't search for US in the Canadian app.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10989 posts
13539 upvotes
Finally. Union Station $1
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
Still no $1 coffee any size in Markham
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
Saw this today at the Richmond, BC location
P_20190403_184219.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
For anyone in Ottawa: every store in Kanata-Stittsville (including Walmart) except for the one at Moodie / Robertson has $1 coffee thorugh the app. AFAIK that one is owned under a different franchise owner than the rest...

I've been able to reuse the $1 SKU in my app since the promo started February, but you seem to be able to order $1 even if you didn't in previous promotions.

FWIW I was also targeted a Facebook ad for this which is how I found this thread (and it even advertises free refills, which I find weird since I thought most franchises were abolishing that perk...)
20190404_024604.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3310 posts
744 upvotes
Ottawa
droidkid wrote: Weird I was doing my mobile order and clicked the recent coffee I bought from the day before it came up at regular price. However when I went to browse for the coffee normally it was 1$
That happened to me the last time this promotion ran as well.

The even weirder thing is that even long after the promotion ended, I was able to click my most recent coffee and keep getting it for $1.
Nov 3, 2003
954 posts
620 upvotes
Knowhere
MrMom wrote: Finally. Union Station $1
Don't see $1 at either locatoin
Jun 6, 2009
623 posts
157 upvotes
Edmonton:

$1 coffee shows up on the app for the McD's on Calgary Trail near Superstore. Astonished Face

This promo seems to apply selectively.. maybe they're corporate stores?

Thanks for the heads up, OP!
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10989 posts
13539 upvotes
shinsky wrote: Don't see $1 at either locatoin
Here's the receipt. It was the one in the Food Court.
Images
  • 32FC6C0B-2CE9-496B-8C0A-6026CA4797AA.jpeg
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Apr 3, 2019
1 posts
I've found that at some locations in Ontario I can still get $1 coffees by just re-ordering from my purchase history. This was true long after the promo ended.
Mar 25, 2013
775 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
Jorpho wrote: That happened to me the last time this promotion ran as well.

The even weirder thing is that even long after the promotion ended, I was able to click my most recent coffee and keep getting it for $1.
Interesting, That makes me wonder that the recent orders links directly to the item. My guess is they don't remove the 1$ coffee from the database but rather just hide it. Then I guess the recent item is a direct link to the database.
DroidKid
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2004
5795 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
Went into my neighbourhood McDonald's here in Woodbridge for a $1 coffee and they had no idea what i was talking about.
I used to be indecisive. Now i'm not so sure.
Jul 16, 2006
508 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
shinsky wrote: Don't see $1 at either locatoin
Worked for me in the Union downstairs location ordering via the app. Noticed a guy ordering using the kiosk and it was $1.39 or something. Seems like mobile only deal at this location?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2008
1197 posts
257 upvotes
End of nowhere
I saw it only in the app
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2971 posts
7523 upvotes
Halifax, NS
it's been on all week here in nova scotia