Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

McDonald's $1 any size Soft drinks & Ice Coffee [April 19 - Sep 6] One Week Left!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2011 4:29 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote: Darn it why 19th?

Can't they make it overlap with the Angus deal?
If you are lucky, you may get a coupon for the 50% Off Angus promotion good til 22nd. I got one today from my visit.
mmhassa2 wrote: Does anyone know if the iced coffee is made with those premade powders or are they made like the hot coffee where you can get it with sweetner?
It was fresh brewed coffee but not sure if they changed the formula.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: If you are lucky, you may get a coupon for the 50% Off Angus promotion good til 22nd. I got one today from my visit.

It was fresh brewed coffee but not sure if they changed the formula.

Awesome..thanks!!! It's going to a great summer with all the cheap iced coffee, which I will need badly to stay awake with a newborn and a 12 month old. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1616 posts
853 upvotes
Holy Crap, adding Iced Coffee to this summer promo makes this a VERY HOT deal to me.

FYI, I bought a ton of Iced Coffee's last year. Pro Tip, IMO these are way too creamy and sweet 'stock', so I always order with 'half the normal amount of cream and sugar', but that confuses them sometimes, so you can also try 'one press of cream, one press of sugar'.
Always in search of a great deal....
Jan 28, 2006
291 posts
4 upvotes
Netcruzer wrote: Holy Crap, adding Iced Coffee to this summer promo makes this a VERY HOT deal to me.

FYI, I bought a ton of Iced Coffee's last year. Pro Tip, IMO these are way too creamy and sweet 'stock', so I always order with 'half the normal amount of cream and sugar', but that confuses them sometimes, so you can also try 'one press of cream, one press of sugar'.

Thanks for the TIP, also i find the amount of ice they put in the iced coffee is different at each McD, I have had iced coffee with 4 ice cudes to them putting ice 3/4 way full in the L cup :confused: ....make sure to ask them to not much too much ice
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1616 posts
853 upvotes
xBAPEPABx wrote: Thanks for the TIP, also i find the amount of ice they put in the iced coffee is different at each McD, I have had iced coffee with 4 ice cudes to them putting ice 3/4 way full in the L cup :confused: ....make sure to ask them to not much too much ice

Well, I've never had much quality consistency for any McD's items... Ice level hasn't been a problem, but I did get a few Iced Coffee's with HALF cream and sugar.. as in.. half the empty cup was cream and sugar.. LOL. Last year I was trying to figure out a concise and clear way to communicate that I want my Iced Coffee with less cream and sugar than normal, so usually said "half the normal amount", but sometimes the workers just don't understand.

I hate starbucks lingo, but at least they almost always get your order correct.
With $1 large McD's iced coffee, I know I'll be ordering a lot less Grande Skinny Xtra Coffee Caramel Frappacino's.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2142 posts
1566 upvotes
andrewmp wrote: I'd like to see some McDonalds' Diabetus strips

What an insightful and mature comment! Thank you for this!

This pleases me greatly. The profit margins on these fountain drinks are still insane, but at $1 you can't beat it anywhere else.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3695 posts
1257 upvotes
GTA
Diabetes-in-a-cup day is back! teehee.

Thanks, OP. I'll try the Ice Coffee.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
McDs icedcoffee are horrible, 100cubes of ice and like 20 mL of drink :facepalm:
Jan 1, 2011
200 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Last year they had coffee for $1 during the summer hopefully they bring that back since the iced coffees can be bad sometimes.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2550 posts
1011 upvotes
I love this deal. Every summer, have to start getting this on my walk home.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Mar 9, 2008
370 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
the iced coffee is now included! is that new?
thanks op
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
blahing wrote: the iced coffee is now included! is that new?
thanks op

I believe it is new. However, the printout says:
Not valid with any Extra value Meal, Happy Meal or McCafe beverage.

Any idea what's McCafe beverage? I thought the iced coffee is one of the McCafe beverage.
Mar 12, 2008
985 posts
19 upvotes
ns1225 wrote: Last year they had coffee for $1 during the summer hopefully they bring that back since the iced coffees can be bad sometimes.

Really? I don't remember the coffee. I'd much rather have $1 hot coffee.
Jun 14, 2006
689 posts
152 upvotes
Winnipeg
I had a caramel iced coffee at McD's yesterday and it was quite good...not too much ice ...if you see them putting in too much ice, just tell them not to put too much in...

I asked if they did refills for the iced coffees in the past and was told no.

Good deal for the iced coffees for a buck!
Dec 9, 2010
760 posts
111 upvotes
82 wrote: I believe it is new. However, the printout says:
Not valid with any Extra value Meal, Happy Meal or McCafe beverage.

Any idea what's McCafe beverage? I thought the iced coffee is one of the McCafe beverage.

Latte, Cappuccino, Mocha etc
http://www.mccafecoffee.com/
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1837 posts
2038 upvotes
try the ice coffee with milk.

Starbucks uses milk and it's fantastic.

does the free refills apply to all this?

and for those who don't know: if you bring back your mcdonald's coffee cup, you can get free refills. same with soft drinks.
Sep 9, 2008
731 posts
308 upvotes
Langley
Just to educate all the nay-sayers in this thread.

sugar does NOT cause diabetes, thats something 50 year olds said... 50 years ago, that stuck, and is way off track. Being GROSSLY overweight does, by a couple hundred pounds. If your going to get fat drinking even 50 sodas everyday, I think your body has bigger problems to worry about.

If you want to complain about cheap soda...at least do it right.

$1 now for soda... $1000 later to fix cavities ;P

Thanks OP. I love Mcdonalds soda... one of the only places that mix fountain drinks as they pour them.
Oct 2, 2006
206 posts
33 upvotes
Abbotsford
Ikarasu wrote: Just to educate all the nay-sayers in this thread.

sugar does NOT cause diabetes, thats something 50 year olds said... 50 years ago, that stuck, and is way off track. Being GROSSLY overweight does, by a couple hundred pounds. If your going to get fat drinking even 50 sodas everyday, I think your body has bigger problems to worry about.

Thanks OP. I love Mcdonalds soda... one of the only places that mix fountain drinks as they pour them.

Agree with all of the above. But I would like to add that being overweight is a contributor to type 2 Diabetes only . . . not type 1. Agree that Mcdonalds has the best fountain soda.
Oct 27, 2004
105 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton
Ikarasu wrote: Just to educate all the nay-sayers in this thread.

Being grossly overweight contributes a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes and so does drinking tons of sugar loaded drinks. Neither of these cause type 2 diabetes, but contribute to the risk of getting it. If you're going to challenge something, do your research.

But sweet summer is here! Nothing says summer like $1 mcdonalds pop! Thanks OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)