Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

$1 Big Mac or Egg McMuffin with new app account (Quebec only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2018 1:28 pm
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes

[McDonalds] $1 Big Mac or Egg McMuffin with new app account (Quebec only)

Create a new account in the app, get an offer for a $1 Big Mac or Egg McMuffin.

Quebec only - thanks to @ElroyJetson for catching the latest McDonalds screw-up.
Last edited by Erumuh on Jun 18th, 2018 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Thanks OP

But this is a McDonalds SNAFU. It won't work unless you are in Quebec.
This is a Quebec only offer (read the fine print in the coupon terms & conditions).

McDonalds screwed up & is pushing the Quebec only coupon out to new accounts nationwide.
You'd expect that a coupon pushed to your app would work where you live. But McD has a lot of SNAFUs and even worse customer service.

A manager can override a non-working coupon like this. But it's a huge YMMV. Most manager's won't do the right thing.
28 replies
Sep 27, 2012
56 posts
24 upvotes
QC ONLY, thanks OP.
Last edited by reporrted on Jun 18th, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
included offer is 2 regular size mcflurries for 5.50$ , wished it was like 1 for 2.50$
i guess they didn't get enough newcomers from last weeks 2$ price ! 1$ is good! no more FREE , i'd be shocked if they pulled that off again
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
Their app sucks compare to the timmy app but timmy rarely have deals. Timmy app makes ordering and pickup location a breeze.
Last edited by xpressmerchant on Jun 18th, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
xpressmerchant wrote: Their app sucks compare to the timmy app but timmy rarely have deals. Timmy app makes ordering and pickup location a breeze.
true, but mcDs is way busier at peaktimes and they don't serve the orders FIFO method its all YMMV when u will get it if its busy

does anyone know if this method works? u get the code on ur app, 4 digit generated...u then quickly SMS text someone else so they can use it at the store...will that work? or the app/phone needs to be near the store to make the gen code work? it has a fast time expiry right if not used right away
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes
Looks like only for QC?
Last edited by fluidmax on Jun 18th, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: true, but mcDs is way busier at peaktimes and they don't serve the orders FIFO method its all YMMV when u will get it if its busy
I always get my order less than 5 mins at Timmy when I do a mobile order vs a long line up I see every time I am there. But I guess eventually it will get slower and equalized as more people will be using the app too. To be honest, I don't use MCD app to order, it's such a hassle.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: Their app sucks compare to the timmy app but timmy rarely have deals. Timmy app makes ordering and pickup location a breeze.

What? The Tim Hortons app is complete garbage
You can’t even order a bagel or choose the donuts you want. It just has an assorted option.
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: Looks like only for QC?
I'm in Ontario, so it's working there. AB/BC/SK seem to be on a different timeline for the app rollout and offers, so reports of whether this is available in other provinces would be appreciated. I'll update the OP.
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
597 upvotes
Erumuh wrote: Create a new account in the app, get an offer for a $1 Big Mac or Egg McMuffin.

As of this morning (Monday), the Egg McMuffin coupon was not working. Manager can override.

The reason that it's not working is that the fine print says that it's a Quebec only offer

It's another McDonalds SNAFU. They are pushing a Quebec only offer out to new accounts nationwide.

I am in B.C. & created a new account in B.C... as usual the good ($1) offer wasn't there immediately but showed up about 5 min later. That is normal for the McD app. As you posted, it's a $1 Egg McMuffin or Big Mac offer. Like you posted, the coupon did not work when I tried to buy a McMuffin.

* The Manager can override. Huge YMMV there. Most managers won't override a non-working offer.
Especially if they realize why it isn't working. Reading the fine print shows that it's a Quebec only offer that McD is apparently pushing to all new accounts nationwide. OP @Erumuh you may be in Ontario, but check the fine print of the offer in your app & it will say valid in Quebec only. Not expected or normal, other than it's another McD SNAFU. But that is McDonalds for you.

And good luck if your Manager won't override the error. They'll just give you the 1-800 customer service number - which does not go to McD at all. McD contracts out their 1-800 number to a private firm whose explicit job is to placate customers and try to discard complaints. They have no power to resolve or adjust anything and try to *screen* customers. At best, and after wasting a lot of your time, they will forward a *request* to the same restaurant to contact the customer. And a lot of restaurant managers don't even bother trying to call the customer.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
I can confirm that it's QC only. I put in an Ontario postcode when I registered
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
McFail, didn't work at Kiosk in NS.
😱
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1951 posts
711 upvotes
This is really going to make a good first impression on someone outside of Quebec that really is signing up to the app for the first time Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
I'm in qc, just signed up
Offer doesn't even show up
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)