Expired Hot Deals

McDonalds

$1 Coffee any size recurring once per day thru app. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2021 8:44 am
May 29, 2008
568 posts
363 upvotes
cardero wrote: I wanted to pay using a McDonald's gift card. How can I pull that off when I have to use the app to order & pay for this $1 coffee deal?
I order from kiosk and scan coupon from app then can pay with gift card at kiosk or pickup.
Dec 9, 2020
9 posts
1 upvote
My app really likes to break down when I arrive to order and always fixes itself after I pay the full price. Crying Face
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1858 posts
2312 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
RCML27 wrote: I find it taste a bit bitter compared to before. Unless they've been serving coffee that's been sitting there for a long time and not throwing it out and making a fresh one.
Nope, same here. It happened slightly before Covid started, but now all locations are more bitter than before. They probably changed bean suppliers.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Sep 14, 2009
679 posts
345 upvotes
Kingston
gouki556 wrote: I order from kiosk and scan coupon from app then can pay with gift card at kiosk or pickup.
Oh neat, will try that, thanks.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12618 posts
15438 upvotes
Toronto
MontrealPost wrote: Love $1 coffee from McDonalds, but no more paper coupons. I assume I can just download and create account without entering credit card info?
Thanks in advance!
Yes, only need to add credit card for mobile ordering.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3959 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge
MontrealPost wrote: I assume I can just download and create account without entering credit card info?
Thanks in advance!
true, no credit card info is needed to register for the app. If you order mobile pay, mobile pay requires credit card info to process your order. what i do is use a prepaid credit card if i order mobile pay. safer than entering your personal credit card info
Last edited by oicthat2013 on Sep 19th, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1742 posts
1347 upvotes
Pickering
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: Anyone else get triggered by not knowing if that means Oct 11 or Nov 10?

Oct 11th.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Aug 30, 2021
84 posts
143 upvotes
MontrealPost wrote: Love $1 coffee from McDonalds, but no more paper coupons. I assume I can just download and create account without entering credit card info?
Thanks in advance!
You can place mobile order with Apple Pay/Google Pay, without saving your credit card info in McD's app.
Feb 27, 2007
505 posts
201 upvotes
Montreal
Our mobile phones are old and slow. Yesterday, I downloaded and signed in to APP and got a promo code of something like T9B3 for my better half at around 8 or 8:30. When my better half went to McDonalds around 9 or 10am, the scanning of the QR code failed, multiple times. How long would a promo code last?

The APP on our old phone crashes, slow and this and that, took me a long time to get the promo code. Tried last night, got a different code. I thought it is same code for 1 day.
Thanks in advance!
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12618 posts
15438 upvotes
Toronto
MontrealPost wrote: Our mobile phones are old and slow. Yesterday, I downloaded and signed in to APP and got a promo code of something like T9B3 for my better half at around 8 or 8:30. When my better half went to McDonalds around 9 or 10am, the scanning of the QR code failed, multiple times. How long would a promo code last?

The APP on our old phone crashes, slow and this and that, took me a long time to get the promo code. Tried last night, got a different code. I thought it is same code for 1 day.
Thanks in advance!
Before the app was updated , the QR code would refresh after 5 minutes. There was a timer show.

The app was updated recently and the the code is only numbers, no letters and refreshes after 10 minutes.

Destiny is all
Feb 27, 2007
505 posts
201 upvotes
Montreal
I'm using an old phone with old operating system, believe I'm using old version of APP . . . . 5 even 10 minutes is close to impossible. The APP on our old phone crashes a lot, it took me about 5 minutes just to get to the code with stable home WIFI. My better half will not bare the hassle to connect to McDonalds' WIFI + crashes . . . . .

Our next phone will be a senior phone, no APP. Any way for us to get the existing $1 coffee?
Nov 27, 2014
52 posts
96 upvotes
Whitby Ont
The free coffee rewards on the app say they expire Dec31 2021. I remember last December the free coffee rewards had expiry Dec31 2021. Does anyone know if this December if the current expiry will change to Dec31 2022 for existing rewards? wonder what the rollover date is?

FYI......once this coupon period ends, check your recent purchases in the app to try to reorder the $1 Med Coffee. I was able to reorder $1 coffee for most of this year.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12618 posts
15438 upvotes
Toronto
flighteye wrote: The free coffee rewards on the app say they expire Dec31 2021. I remember last December the free coffee rewards had expiry Dec31 2021. Does anyone know if this December if the current expiry will change to Dec31 2022 for existing rewards? wonder what the rollover date is?
You may be able to find the answers to your questions in the following shopping discussion forum thread.

McDonald's bringing MyMcDonald's Rewards up north by 2022 - paper/digital free medium coffees/fries expire after 2/28/22
Destiny is all
Feb 27, 2007
505 posts
201 upvotes
Montreal
Dhanushan wrote: You may be able to find the answers to your questions in the following shopping discussion forum thread.

McDonald's bringing MyMcDonald's Rewards up north by 2022 - paper/digital free medium coffees/fries expire after 2/28/22
WOW, thank u very much for the news on coffee card expiring 2/28/2022 !!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)