Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

$1 Cone and $2 Sundae summer promotion starting July 14, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2020 2:02 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
jaybeeg wrote: Trust me, you want those machines to be sterile.

The thing I don't like about these promos is that the prices are like Apple's. A Sundae is twice the price of a cone, simply because it has 3 cents of sauce poured on it.
I usually just get a cone and ask them to put it in a cup.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
MilkyWind wrote: Really miss the strawberry shortcake mcflurries too
IKR? Those were the best ones!
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
I'll continue satisfying my sundae craving at BK unless MCDS brings back strawberry sundae.
<inappropriate signature>
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1046 posts
1308 upvotes
Ontario
I miss 2 sundaes for $2.22 :P
lennyandcarl wrote: IMG_5662.jpeg
but it's back! Last year!
It was super weird and only here. We also have McCafe Donuts too!
Whoa....McD Chocolate vanilla twist ice cream and McDonuts...
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3177 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
Well since Ikea have not opened their food takeout to get my $1 frozen yogurt ill just have to resort to this!
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Jan 5, 2007
389 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver
When do the third quarter coupons come out? Would be nice to double down.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3381 upvotes
The Wendy's frosty is way better than a MCD cone, for the same price. Plus you get the free spicy chicken sandwich for buying the frosty
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
lennyandcarl wrote: IMG_5662.jpeg

but it's back! Last year!

It was super weird and only here. We also have McCafe Donuts too!
I don't see this on the McD app for Metrotown

I'd buy it in an instant if they still sold this icecream!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26212 posts
39761 upvotes
Toronto
jaybeeg wrote: Trust me, you want those machines to be sterile.

The thing I don't like about these promos is that the prices are like Apple's. A Sundae is twice the price of a cone, simply because it has 3 cents of sauce poured on it.
Yup. Bring your own toppings. Jam, berries, chocolate sauce , etc
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Aug 23, 2019
126 posts
16 upvotes
Damn it, the closest McDonalds to me is closed due to renovations.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11765 upvotes
GTA
danzerino wrote: That does not change much. If the employees dont wear mask and just talk droplets can be on the ice cream since its not covered. Extremely dangerous
That's true for any food. All food in a restaurant is exposed (uncovered) to at least one employee before they are wrapped. The risk is the same whether you get a Big Mac or an ice cream.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1338 posts
1410 upvotes
sprung wrote: Yup. Bring your own toppings. Jam, berries, chocolate sauce , etc
What’s the point??? Bring your own real ice cream.

Tried a sundae last year during the promo after like 10 or 15 years. The only positive is the packaged peanuts. Soft serve is terrible. Even my kid refuses it as a treat.
Sep 16, 2015
792 posts
1605 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Strafe1 wrote: I usually just get a cone and ask them to put it in a cup.
Carry a bottle of strawberry sauce in your pocket and you could save a whole dollar with a DIY sundae!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
tew wrote: That's true for any food. All food in a restaurant is exposed (uncovered) to at least one employee before they are wrapped. The risk is the same whether you get a Big Mac or an ice cream.
I would disagree most of the times, ice cream is made by employees working at the cash or just dealing with coffee or drinks. From what I have seen these employees dont always wear masks while people in the kitchen do wear one
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11765 upvotes
GTA
danzerino wrote: I would disagree most of the times, ice cream is made by employees working at the cash or just dealing with coffee or drinks. From what I have seen these employees dont always wear masks while people in the kitchen do wear one
I'm sure every location is different. For the Toronto area everyone has to wear a mask inside a public area now, so all employees will be wearing a mask.
Oct 8, 2005
921 posts
130 upvotes
Mann, I remember when this promo was 49 cents a cone; way back in the good ol 90's.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18945 posts
10527 upvotes
Strafe1 wrote: I usually just get a cone and ask them to put it in a cup.
If you order through the app you can click "customize" and indicate you want it in the cup. We do it for our kids all the time because I am worried they will knock it off the cone and, with my luck, all over me.
Nov 16, 2013
554 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
I've been gearing up my whole life for this
Jan 2, 2013
199 posts
199 upvotes
Leaf nation
jarfgames wrote: Isn’t it the same with any food preparation? Not just limited to ice cream?

Not denying the risk you identified, just wondering why it’s specific to ice cream.
I think it’s them licking the melting ice cream when it runs down the cone.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
Omydeal wrote: I think it’s them licking the melting ice cream when it runs down the cone.
I think it has mostly to do with the bit of soft serve that gets left dangling after pulling it from the machine onto the cone (like a cling-on) that easily attracts all kinds of bugs, flies to land upon it because of the high sugar content and moist environment that they like which they can easily detect from their strong sense of smell from away all of that sweetness in the aroma of it.