Oct 26, 2016
479 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
bobor wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 6:55 pm
Were you able to figure this one out? I started getting the same error today
Nope, tried again and same problem.

Deleted the app, reinstalled and same problem. I tried my MC and Visa and nothing works.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2742 posts
845 upvotes
Montreal
BigScee wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 2:09 pm
Same on Android. Super frustrating because I use strong, unique passwords saved in a password manager and can't copy-paste them into the app.

Why McDonalds? Why would you do this?!
same!

I now have a minimum-security password for MCD for this reason!

they probably want to take away any and all way to automate getting their offers.

reminds me of australia's anti-encryption law... sigh
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1675 posts
731 upvotes
LuxErus wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:07 am
Had a $1 coffee for a solid $3 lunch.
Had a free medium fries and 6 Nuggets, then drove 1 km to the next McDonald's on the way to get another free medium fries and a big Mac and a $1 XL large coffee. What a great value at $5 for an intense workout meal.
Apr 20, 2016
112 posts
68 upvotes
Ottawa
marc_t wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 2:59 pm
they probably want to take away any and all way to automate getting their offers.
Based on the overall quality/performance of the app I'm going to go with Hanlon's razor
Aug 4, 2012
283 posts
175 upvotes
Cambridge
Had the app error but reinstalled and everything's been fine so far after that. Ordered free fries separately from the Big Mac deal plus a $1 XL coffee, had a fine dinner.

Also I dunno if it's just because I'm still on Android N, but LastPass' copy/paste worked fine for me when I was putting my login info back into the app.
Nov 30, 2009
131 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Does the old app version still work that allows you to claim the codes @ kiosk for these 'mobile order only' offers?
Aug 26, 2018
328 posts
408 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:48 pm
Year is 2019 and you are still paranoid about using a credit card?
Yeah it's because of paranoia.

It's 2019 and you're still this naive?

I know your type. Wait, let me guess, you input your real name into the McD app also? rofl!!!! Do you respond to the Nigerian Prince about your $30M inheritance too? Or pay the taxman in giftcards after receiving a phone call threatening arrest?

Hot deal, enter your full name, SIN number and home address for a chance to win $1000! And you'd be the first one lining up. rofl!
May 18, 2007
594 posts
74 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 8:03 pm
Yeah it's because of paranoia.

It's 2019 and you're still this naive?

I know your type. Wait, let me guess, you input your real name into the McD app also? rofl!!!! Do you respond to the Nigerian Prince about your $30M inheritance too? Or pay the taxman in giftcards after receiving a phone call threatening arrest?

Hot deal, enter your full name, SIN number and home address for a chance to win $1000! And you'd be the first one lining up. rofl!
lol, only idiot would compare mcD app with Nigerian Prince scam.
Aug 26, 2018
328 posts
408 upvotes
pr3dat0r wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 8:10 pm
lol, only idiot would compare mcD app with Nigerian Prince scam.
Only an idiot will lack the ability to comprehend written text and understanding context. Nowhere was a comparison made between McD app and the Nigerian Prince scam.

The quote you quoted, speaks to the character of someone who is naive. Someone who is naive to technology will probably use their full name in a McD app, and such person might also be the most ideal targets for other unrelated social engineering things out there, such as the Nigerian scams as an hyperbole. You need to learn to read.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1773 posts
1124 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Be forewarned on this app deal about bait and switch on mobile order it’ll say $2.10... but on your credit card statement takes off $6.77 reg price for a Big Mac... horrible app... double check... if I didn’t notice be getting ripped off..got a refund
Jun 15, 2010
117 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
mrfrugal83 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 8:50 pm
Be forewarned on this app deal about bait and switch on mobile order it’ll say $2.10... but on your credit card statement takes off $6.77 reg price for a Big Mac... horrible app... double check... if I didn’t notice be getting ripped off..got a refund
Mine's showing up as $2.10 on my cc statement
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1773 posts
1124 upvotes
Oakville, ON
fongstein wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:07 pm
Mine's showing up as $2.10 on my cc statement
Took off 6.77 on my stack credit card and I redeemed the offer in there app
Jan 20, 2007
544 posts
345 upvotes
nestleman wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 2:46 pm
Nope, tried again and same problem.

Deleted the app, reinstalled and same problem. I tried my MC and Visa and nothing works.
I've been having the same problem as well, when using a different phone, different account, different cards. Keep getting "An error occurred attempting to save your card. Please try again later." According to this reddit thread, it might be because the cards have been linked to another account in the past, even when no purchase was made on those cards and have been deleted. The cards are "blacklisted" in order to prevent misuse. Apparently one way to resolve this is to contact mobile support to have them delete the accounts that the cards have been linked to, but who knows how long that will take.
Oct 26, 2016
479 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
V-ron wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:27 pm
I've been having the same problem as well, when using a different phone, different account, different cards. Keep getting "An error occurred attempting to save your card. Please try again later." According to this reddit thread, it might be because the cards have been linked to another account in the past, even when no purchase was made on those cards and have been deleted. The cards are "blacklisted" in order to prevent misuse. Apparently one way to resolve this is to contact mobile support to have them delete the accounts that the cards have been linked to, but who knows how long that will take.
Too much hassle for the deal to contact support. Thanks for the reply/explanation though!