Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] $3 Big Macs, August 13 to August 19, 2019, all across Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 10:47 am
Oct 29, 2014
862 posts
572 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I had a Big Mac a few minutes ago. It was put together nicely and the sandwich did not fall apart as I ate it. I didn't notice a difference in taste except for more of the sauce. It's worth buying at the $3 sale price but Wendy's still reigns supreme for me when it comes to hamburgers.
Nov 21, 2018
31 posts
16 upvotes
Tried it. Looks like they're trying to make it look like a brioche bun. Lettuce wasn't much, and didn't see a difference in the sauce or the patty but it did taste sweeter than I have had in the past, I think it was the bun. The main thing I didn't like was every bite tasted like butter and l looked it up and that is one of the things they've changed to help... It wasn't very mac like. Will try one again before the sale thing is done. Someone might have gone overboard on buttering the middle bread or something because that's practically all I could taste.
Banned
May 9, 2019
277 posts
270 upvotes
honestly the only items i order from McDonalds are from the dollar menu because they are the best items on the menu!!!

Mcdouble
Double hamber
Junior Chicken
$1 drink days - medium ice coffee best deal they have.
$1 small ice cream cone
2 for $5 egg mcmuffins.

Honestly, I had a few big macs in the last few weeks (I had some freebies) and honestly I think the Double Hamburger has the same meat content as a Big Mac... the only thing missing is the mac sauce and the lettuce... and for the price difference it's not worth it.

Even at $3 'on sale' .... DOUBLE HAMBURGER is only $2 every day... and it's less calories - no stupid mac sauce.
You don't need that extra layer of useless filler bread.
May 24, 2017
266 posts
186 upvotes
GTA
against my better judgement, I had the big mac tonight. It tastes no different and is not any better than previous version.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9593 posts
2185 upvotes
isn't the mcdouble and the big mac the exact same patties?

so what do you get extra, big mac sauce and a middle piece of bread?
Jan 17, 2010
204 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
$9.49 here in Canada.

Wendy's Bacon Jalapeno Cheeseburger, ~$10 and you can substitute your fries!

Triple O's Chipotle BBQ Bacon Melt, ~$13 with fries, ~$14 with onions rings.

I'd pay more for Wendy's and Triple O's anyday.
Oct 4, 2015
301 posts
267 upvotes
Mississauga
Patties have definitely shrunk, buns got bigger and fit the box much better.
Overall taste was about the same but I'd still prefer using a 2 can dine coupon at A&W.
If you stare long enough at a lurker, the lurker stares back at you.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
1416 posts
625 upvotes
big mac and ice cafe good lunch under $5 will eat again :D
May 13, 2015
357 posts
367 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I like their sausage mcmuffin for $2. ($2.20 with tax I think)

Two of those for breakfast fills me up until mid-afternoon.
Feb 20, 2015
141 posts
99 upvotes
Southern Ontario
GabbyWC wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:43 pm
I had a Big Mac a few minutes ago. It was put together nicely and the sandwich did not fall apart as I ate it. I didn't notice a difference in taste except for more of the sauce. It's worth buying at the $3 sale price but Wendy's still reigns supreme for me when it comes to hamburgers.
I just had one. Didn't notice any difference in the Bun, texture or taste. Maybe they put some more chemicals in it.
Banned
May 9, 2019
277 posts
270 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:33 pm
No sauce.
Lettuce leaf as bun, on top and bottom.
i don't get it. if you're going keto, you might as well just a double hamburger and save $1?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
9681 posts
9791 upvotes
bezne1 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 11:00 pm
i don't get it. if you're going keto, you might as well just a double hamburger and save $1?
Cheese.

When this sale is not on, I normally order a double cheeseburger, so you're pretty close.