Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] $3 Big Macs, August 13 to August 19, 2019, all across Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 10:47 am
Aug 17, 2010
263 posts
148 upvotes
Meh. I didn't care for it lol. The bun i got was really dry and sauce was really really sour i pulled out a nice long hair too which didn't help. They were nice about it and remade one for me but I might give it another go at another location after all the hype has died down. It looked amazing though but taste wize was very dissappointing since thats usually only thing i order from there.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7237 posts
2494 upvotes
Markham
Funny reading this massive thread ...28 pages and 408 posts.

Some say I notice no difference, others say dry bun, smaller patties, too vinegary/sour pickles etc etc.

Is this a joke? Is this another New Coke, Old Coke test or something. Is this like Apple telling ppl this new phone is much better and improved when in fact they hardly did anything? Did anyone order a Big Mac on the 11th and kept it for comparison and analytical purposes?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11786 posts
21691 upvotes
Scarborough
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:52 am
They did feel thin, yes.
I had a few yesterday and the patties seemed the same as always to me. The buns are more fluffy/aren't as squished which might give the appearance of the patties being smaller.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Mar 5, 2013
200 posts
231 upvotes
Kitchener
My girlfriend and I had them yesterday. I feel a slight texture difference (good) in the patty, the buns are definitely different. They looked the same size to us
Apr 16, 2004
980 posts
822 upvotes
Toronto, ON
codejerry wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:00 am
Meh. I didn't care for it lol. The bun i got was really dry and sauce was really really sour i pulled out a nice long hair too which didn't help. They were nice about it and remade one for me but I might give it another go at another location after all the hype has died down. It looked amazing though but taste wize was very dissappointing since thats usually only thing i order from there.
Post the location for all to avoid! Face Screaming In Fear
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2121 posts
942 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:05 am
Funny reading this massive thread ...28 pages and 408 posts.

Some say I notice no difference, others say dry bun, smaller patties, too vinegary/sour pickles etc etc.

Is this a joke? Is this another New Coke, Old Coke test or something. Is this like Apple telling ppl this new phone is much better and improved when in fact they hardly did anything? Did anyone order a Big Mac on the 11th and kept it for comparison and analytical purposes?
The story is during the trial, people couldn't really tell the difference of what changed, but they did say it was better. So McDonald's was happy with the result and went with it.
Dec 28, 2006
945 posts
253 upvotes
Got a few last night, looks like they're using brioche-style buns with the smooth shiny top now. Visually it looks way better, but maybe the employees are just told to pay extra close attention this week.

Not a fan overall. It's "higher quality" but a worse experience. Imitation brioche is worse than their old buns. The old buns were garbage white bread that knew it was garbage white bread and wasn't trying to be something else. Their old buns worked really well with the paper thin patties McD's uses in the big mac.

Sucks. Big Mac used to be my favourite McD burger.
Feb 10, 2014
567 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto
I havnt had a Big Mac in a while, but got on to try the 3.00 deal going on last night. What`s up with these newer darker brown/golden coloured buns? They look visually appealing but they sure dont have the texture of real bread. I cant put the words on it, but they just off from what I know is actual bread....its like super processed bread made to never go stale or something lol.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42286 posts
3004 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Coresu wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:25 am
I havnt had a Big Mac in a while, but got on to try the 3.00 deal going on last night. What`s up with these newer darker brown/golden coloured buns? They look visually appealing but they sure dont have the texture of real bread. I cant put the words on it, but they just off from what I know is actual bread....its like super processed bread made to never go stale or something lol.
I found it tasted a lot crispier than the old buns, though.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $30***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Mar 7, 2011
70 posts
49 upvotes
Menu hack - Order a McDouble, ask them to make it "like a mac" (mac sauce, lettuce, pickle, onion). Literally the same burger as a Big Mac (same patties, toppings) except for the bun. There is usually a charge for the "like a mac" toppings, 40 cents maybe? I think it varies by store.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3745 posts
2050 upvotes
Did they fix the big mac combo price error ?
Nov 29, 2011
394 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
After I determined that this isn't an offer but order it thru the regular menu I got a few. The new buns seems better. Beef didn't notice if it was less or more. Did look like the it didn't meet the outside of the bun. So the bun is bigger or patties smaller? The new recipe I didn't like, too much Mac sauce and not enough lettuce. The price seems where this should be 100% of the time but it was nothing special.I wish they left everything alone except the new bun and it would be a good combo.
Oct 4, 2008
775 posts
293 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
dbieb440 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:54 am
Menu hack - Order a McDouble.
Yup I agree. Big Macs have thousand island dressing or something, I'm not a fan of salad dressing on a burger (mayonnaise), I suppose it tastes ok, but it just becomes a sloppy mess. I usually have a burger minus all salad dressing and all ketchup, maybe a bit of mustard for flavor.

My personal opinion: the McDouble with fries/drink goes for $5, that's my deal. Small = perfect. Less coronary heart disease!
Jun 14, 2011
30 posts
56 upvotes
The new buns have this crispy chewy texture to it when biting into the Big Mac vs a softer texture of their old bun.

Didn't particularly enjoy the new texture with every bite.
Sep 15, 2015
748 posts
657 upvotes
Abbotsford
Gordon Ramsays kitchen nightmares. McDonalds edition.
He has 28 pages of script already!!lol