1968 menu, Canada's first McDonalds

Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1039 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto, ON
game_fanatic wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:50 pm
You can do a 'meatless' Big Mac. It's exactly how it sounds. A real shame McDonald's hasn't come out with a vegetarian option. My wife had their veggie burger in the UK and it was great, apparently.
Isn't that just a salad with thousands islands dressing? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1039 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto, ON
freakyflow wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:32 pm
Just had 2 for lunch today and it’s not too bad (def not worth msrp) but I agree, the buns are too hard/chewy.

Also, I already went to the toilet once afterwards and my stomach is still feeling somewhat upset - typing this from the stall and I feel sorry for the person next to me....
<sniffle> Thanks for sharing, man! <sniffle>
I'd offer to hug you but... you know.Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1039 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So I tried two for lunch.

I haven't had McD's in a while so to me, I didn't notice a huge difference in taste.

The deal with the onions? Didn't notice there were any so not sure that's a good thing or bad.

The bun? Meh. Maybe a little different. Not as soft?

The sauce? EEEEEYYYYUK! What have they done? Too much? Watered it down? Maybe this denser bun doesn't sop up some of the "special sauce" but it's way drippier. Or as the more well-heeled RFD'ers say: sloppier.

Last January(ish) Wendys had the Dave Singles on promo for $3. I think those beat the $3 Big Mac, two-slopppy hands down!

I hope this was worth it for McD's. I'm sure they found a way to save 1/10th of a cent on each B.M. (if not more) so when multiplied by bazzillions, it works out to a nice chunk of change to their sloppy bottom line.

Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed EyesConfused Face
Aug 17, 2010
267 posts
153 upvotes
leovee1 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:12 am
Post the location for all to avoid! Face Screaming In Fear
462 Wharncliffe Rd S, London, ON N6J 2M9
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8799 posts
1788 upvotes
Montreal, QC
jiggajayd wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:07 pm
I'm not a fan of the Big Mac to begin with. I'll be going with a few colleagues tomorrow for lunch and I plan to convert my BM to a QP (or at least try to get as close as I can) to get the $3 deal... Here's a screenshot of the spreadsheet I made if you want to try too. Wish me luck! :(
Did you really have to do a spreadsheet for that lol, remove lettuce and BM sauce, add ketchup and mustard, remove middle bun

I like my Quarter pound with leaf lettuce, tomato and no ketchup however.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2250 posts
617 upvotes
Calgary
Grunchy wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:58 pm

That isn't the First McDonalds, you should watch the movie The Founder, it is pretty interesting about McDonald's history and how dark it is.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12278 posts
2819 upvotes
RFD
Asoul wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 3:41 pm
That isn't the First McDonalds, you should watch the movie The Founder, it is pretty interesting about McDonald's history and how dark it is.
He said Canada's first.

You gotta be a psycho and ruthless to get to the top, this story isn't new.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2250 posts
617 upvotes
Calgary
radeonboy wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 3:59 pm
He said Canada's first.

You gotta be a psycho and ruthless to get to the top, this story isn't new.
Opps my bad.
Aug 13, 2019
8 posts
22 upvotes
Is there a limit per person at all locations? I tried to purchase 4 today (for myself & friends) and I was told max limit is 3.
Jun 6, 2011
140 posts
102 upvotes
Ottawa
leovee1 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 3:16 pm
So I tried two for lunch.

I haven't had McD's in a while so to me, I didn't notice a huge difference in taste.

The deal with the onions? Didn't notice there were any so not sure that's a good thing or bad.

The bun? Meh. Maybe a little different. Not as soft?

The sauce? EEEEEYYYYUK! What have they done? Too much? Watered it down? Maybe this denser bun doesn't sop up some of the "special sauce" but it's way drippier. Or as the more well-heeled RFD'ers say: sloppier.

Last January(ish) Wendys had the Dave Singles on promo for $3. I think those beat the $3 Big Mac, two-slopppy hands down!

I hope this was worth it for McD's. I'm sure they found a way to save 1/10th of a cent on each B.M. (if not more) so when multiplied by bazzillions, it works out to a nice chunk of change to their sloppy bottom line.

Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed EyesConfused Face
Totally forgot the reason this deal's in place. Had one for lunch and didn't notice anything different except there was a lot more sause than I'm used to, but this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Will do more research throughout the week. Good luck, toilet.
Nov 1, 2018
113 posts
146 upvotes
Yeah the patties do seem thinner not going to lie, overall I thought it was more or less the same.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11555 posts
14778 upvotes
Grunchy wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:58 pm

First McDonalds in Canada is the one in Richmond, B.C., No.3 Rd. Still there with original arches. Of course the building itself has been rebuilt and remodeled many times.
Have a nice day!

May 18, 2007
560 posts
630 upvotes
Toronto
leovee1 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 3:16 pm
So I tried two for lunch. The sauce? EEEEEYYYYUK! What have they done? Too much? Watered it down?

Dragged a coworker along for a late (1:30ish) lunch ... neither of us had eaten a big mac for ages.

What a shit show!!

The pickup order board was so full my order number didn't even appear for >5mins. We waited 15 mins and even then the burgers and fries weren't hot??!! How is that even possible!! And yes, it seemed slimy with too much watery special sauce on it.

Won't be doing that again!