Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] $3 Big Macs, August 13 to August 19, 2019, all across Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 9:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6142 posts
2633 upvotes
zentro wrote: Tried it yesterday, it's decent. Definitely more Big Mac sauce, which I like, but I can see not everyone will as it makes it slightly more tangy. Less bread is good and I noticed top of the bun is slightly more glazed than I remember but I haven't had a Big Mac in ages. Size looked about the same and it was far more symmetrical and stable than before.

One thing I never liked about the Big Mac is how the lettuce always falls out as you eat it, not sure if that is possible to fix except using larger piece of lettuce and not shredded, but that would change the burger completely. Also due to more Big Mac sauce it makes it more of a mess to eat, you'll get the sauce to drip out when eating unless you are scientific about your burger consumption and bite the areas where the sauce is pushing out more.

I've made my own Big Mac sauce for homemade burgers, while not the same it's similar and simple to make: equal parts mayo & ketchup, cubed onions & pickles, a splash of yellow mustard.
They need to add 1-2 slices of tomato to the Big Mac if they're serious about updating the sandwich. It makes it so much better.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5160 posts
4279 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if I agree with that, I feel that it wouldn't be a Big Mac then. But I do like tomatoes on burgers in general.
Mar 21, 2018
106 posts
27 upvotes
bezne1 wrote: honestly the only items i order from McDonalds are from the dollar menu because they are the best items on the menu!!!

Mcdouble
Double hamber
Junior Chicken
$1 drink days - medium ice coffee best deal they have.
$1 small ice cream cone
2 for $5 egg mcmuffins.

Honestly, I had a few big macs in the last few weeks (I had some freebies) and honestly I think the Double Hamburger has the same meat content as a Big Mac... the only thing missing is the mac sauce and the lettuce... and for the price difference it's not worth it.

Even at $3 'on sale' .... DOUBLE HAMBURGER is only $2 every day... and it's less calories - no stupid mac sauce.
You don't need that extra layer of useless filler bread.
Key to eating at McD and walking away happy is discipline. You got into those stores and think you need variaty in your mean but i have learned to just get what you want.
$1 drink
snack mcflully (because if you get a bad mix that leaves you with a third of a cup the lose is less)
junior chicken, maybe add an extra patty if you got the money.
two Med fries or two large if you skipp the drink or mcflurry.

Just the good stuff. you like bigmac. just get the sauce. thats really all it is. The sauce.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13655 posts
25851 upvotes
Scarborough
savercanuck91 wrote: A $3 McDonalds sandwich generated 34 pages of discussion lolol.
People are also discussing the changes to the Big Mac in this thread so it's more active than your average McDonald's thread.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Oct 25, 2018
743 posts
747 upvotes
tjindersingh wrote: Really impressed people are able to eat two Big Macs in one sitting! I thought I had a reasonable appetite but apparently I'm a lightweight.

I really wanna try this, though. At 2AM after a few drinks, McDonald's when it's fresh and hot can be super satisfying.
Then you wake up.
The room reeks of stale sweat and menthols, multiple empty Big Mac containers are scattered around the room....what the hell happened last night.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8219 posts
1759 upvotes
Toronto
MikeB84225 wrote: Then you wake up.
The room reeks of stale sweat and menthols, multiple empty Big Mac containers are scattered around the room....what the hell happened last night.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1101 posts
884 upvotes
Vancouver
roleless wrote: Is there a limit per customer on this deal? Might get a dozen or two for a pot luck.
LOL planning a Donald Trump style party?
No referral requests
Oct 30, 2014
4 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON
HN12345 wrote: After eating one, it makes me feel a bit sick to my stomach knowing how much crap I've just digested. Even a Harvey's burger makes me feel a bit better, albeit all the preservatives that they put into the meat
You do realize the only ingredients in a McDonalds burger patty are ground beef and salt right? The bread can be no worse than any other bun. The veggies are the veggies. And sauce is never good for you. What exactly do you feel sick about?
Oct 30, 2014
4 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON
Got one. Not overly saucy. Few differences. Maybe just the rush of preparing them they’re globing in the sauce or using more oil in cooking for some?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2692 posts
1697 upvotes
New bun is disappointing.

Meat is thinner and less than before (and before was already small).

WAY too much sauce!

This will be my last Big Mac, it was fine the way it was and they have sold billions of them.....why change what is working?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1440 posts
1205 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Third Eye wrote: New bun is disappointing.

Meat is thinner and less than before (and before was already small).

WAY too much sauce!

This will be my last Big Mac, it was fine the way it was and they have sold billions of them.....why change what is working?
Agreed. Holy moly, the patties are thin as heck, what are they doing.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1101 posts
884 upvotes
Vancouver
I had a new one and liked it. I'm no big mac expert, but it was good for $3. I'd never pay regular price for anything they sell. Love the new bun.
No referral requests
Nov 25, 2018
67 posts
269 upvotes
Less meat, more bun, less value. $3 is the ideal price point for this burger. Anything over that is gouging IMO.