[McDonalds] $3 Big Macs, August 13 to August 19, 2019, all across Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 10:47 am
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2095 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
it's rather pathetic to see a way over-priced junk food could be such a "hot" deal
Nov 16, 2007
279 posts
61 upvotes
PhyreMe wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 1:09 pm
You do realize the only ingredients in a McDonalds burger patty are ground beef and salt right? The bread can be no worse than any other bun. The veggies are the veggies. And sauce is never good for you. What exactly do you feel sick about?
The bread is the “fakest” part of the sandwich. It doesn’t harden nor grow mold the same way bread from the bakery does. Google the ingredient list of the bread, it’s massive.
Mar 5, 2018
6 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton
falkon57 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 2:30 pm
The bread is the “fakest” part of the sandwich. It doesn’t harden nor grow mold the same way bread from the bakery does. Google the ingredient list of the bread, it’s massive.
It will mold plenty. If you leave it out in the dry air, it'll dry out. Mold requires moisture. Stick it in a plastic bag and it'll be super green in no time. It's not like McDonalds cracked the magical code to stop food from rotting. They'd be a lot more valuable as a company if they did!
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1053 posts
1088 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jiffylube1024 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 2:10 pm
LOL so many complaints in here. It's a big mac!
How do you think we're gonna work off all these extra calories.
Typing and griping are known to burn 1 calorie per hour!
It's a known fact! Look it up. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
May 30, 2010
599 posts
147 upvotes
Third Eye wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 1:24 pm

Meat is thinner and less than before (and before was already small).

McDonald's meat patty has been 10:1(1.6oz) for the longest time now, and hasn't changed with this iteration of the BigMac. The density of the crumb for the bun makes the meat feels less substantial though. The new bun feels like a cheap version of a brioche bun, but with no butter feel or taste, probably because it doesn't have any to begin with.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2475 posts
1416 upvotes
my0gr81 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 2:56 pm
McDonald's meat patty has been 10:1(1.6oz) for the longest time now, and hasn't changed with this iteration of the BigMac. The density of the crumb for the bun makes the meat feels less substantial though. The new bun feels like a cheap version of a brioche bun, but with no butter feel or taste, probably because it doesn't have any to begin with.
I'm not buying this. It is definitely thinner and not because of the bun, anyone who has had a Big Mac before will be able to tell the difference.
May 8, 2007
908 posts
240 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
My first Big Mac in about 15 years. Loads of TV commercials for this. I could make a similar burger for about $1.50 but way too much work and cleanup and McD is just a 5 minute walking distance. For $3 I will return.
Sep 18, 2017
379 posts
504 upvotes
Vancouver
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 6th, 2019 12:01 pm
LMAO i read anus..
There's nothing wrong with eating ass.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1206 posts
674 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Largefries wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 2:19 pm
Best burger or $3. Way better than 5 guys.

Jk
You know how most ppl rave about 5 guys? I find the baconator better than 5guy's regular burger
Oct 2, 2018
129 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 2 Big Macs and a drink....felt bloated all evening.

Next time going to go back to the Quarter Pounder BLT, haven't had one of those in a long while either.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4719 posts
1307 upvotes
they gave me a bottom bun on the top, then a middle bun (both side "toasted") on the bottom ... the hell...
Nov 23, 2014
388 posts
132 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Taste is subjective but I don't know why anyone would ever pay full price for a Big Mac when you can get a Mini Mac (AKA "McDouble Like Mac") for half the price at any time.

Really the only difference is the size of the bun, and IMO the smaller buns used for the Mini make it taste better. All the other ingredients are the same.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20225 posts
2156 upvotes
YUL
summerss wrote: Key to eating at McD and walking away happy is discipline. You got into those stores and think you need variaty in your mean but i have learned to just get what you want.
$1 drink
snack mcflully (because if you get a bad mix that leaves you with a third of a cup the lose is less)
junior chicken, maybe add an extra patty if you got the money.
two Med fries or two large if you skipp the drink or mcflurry.

Just the good stuff. you like bigmac. just get the sauce. thats really all it is. The sauce.

I have no idea what you just said. It made absolutely no sense Face With Tears Of Joy