• Aug 23rd, 2019 10:47 am
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2175 posts
1185 upvotes
Prince George
Third Eye wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:00 pm
I'm not buying this. It is definitely thinner and not because of the bun, anyone who has had a Big Mac before will be able to tell the difference.
I eat a lot of McD’s. The patties are the same as before. Two 1/10 lb patties. Same as the McDouble or the double cheeseburger.

Perhaps their “new and improved” cooking method presses them thinner or something - I don’t know; I couldn’t detect a difference. But the amount of meat is the same.
Aug 8, 2019
93 posts
71 upvotes
Siefer999 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 6:21 pm
Should've ordered more on the kiosk or mobile orders
I was told max 3 as well at the food court =(
Don't have the app but hope the other location I'll go to this weekend has the machines.
Planning to get 15 for a gathering.
Jun 9, 2018
102 posts
125 upvotes
FYI it's $3 for the burger only. You still pay full price for the combo. I was in today and on the board it said the burger was $3 but unlike all the other options showing on the board there was no combo price listed for Big Mac's. I ordered it anyways and when I got it I was charged. $8.89 plus tax. I asked the cashier and he said the deal is for the burger only and you still pay full price for the combo. So be warned you will pay $1 for a drink and $4.89 for a fries of you get a combo. Better to order it all individually.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1152 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Third Eye wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:00 pm
I'm not buying this. It is definitely thinner and not because of the bun, anyone who has had a Big Mac before will be able to tell the difference.
Definitely thinner. I opened it up and saw 2 pieces cardboard thin of meat. The old big mac meat was obviously thicker. Weight wise I'm not sure, but the meat is for sure thinner.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2711 posts
477 upvotes
Ramtuckinit wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:55 pm
FYI it's $3 for the burger only. You still pay full price for the combo. I was in today and on the board it said the burger was $3 but unlike all the other options showing on the board there was no combo price listed for Big Mac's. I ordered it anyways and when I got it I was charged. $8.89 plus tax. I asked the cashier and he said the deal is for the burger only and you still pay full price for the combo. So be warned you will pay $1 for a drink and $4.89 for a fries of you get a combo. Better to order it all individually.
Not true. I ordered yesterday at the kiosk. Price was $3 for the burger and then it provided an option to make it a combo for an extra $4.09. This was actually regular price of med fries and drink put together but I didnt have to order the items separately.
Jun 9, 2018
102 posts
125 upvotes
wszeto28 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:03 pm
Not true. I ordered yesterday at the kiosk. Price was $3 for the burger and then it provided an option to make it a combo for an extra $4.09. This was actually regular price of med fries and drink put together but I didnt have to order the items separately.
I tried it at the kiosk before your reply and it was the correct price on that so I took a picture and brought it to the manager. He said the kiosk does the calculation automatically but at the register the cashier has to do it manually and a lot of the staff don't know about the deal. I ended up getting a refund but make sure if you order it at a cashier that they ring it in correctly.
IMG_20190815_173920.jpg
Images
  • IMG_20190815_172843.jpg
Apr 10, 2018
35 posts
27 upvotes
Tried one yesterday, curious to know the new improved big Mac but I couldn't taste any. Is it me or faults advertising?
Jan 14, 2007
220 posts
68 upvotes
wszeto28 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:03 pm
Exactly, I too paid only about $6.xx for the Big Mac combo in Calgary. But, the taste and quality of the meal, is a different subject. :(
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23432 posts
9065 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:18 pm
anyone added extra patty for 90c?
You mean 4 extra patties
Matt12311 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:19 pm
How do you order it? Do you just say McDouble dressed like a mac?
Yup. Some kiosks have the option, but not all of them for some reason.
tjindersingh wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 9:35 pm
Really impressed people are able to eat two Big Macs in one sitting! I thought I had a reasonable appetite but apparently I'm a lightweight.
Did you miss the post where some people wanted 5?
HN12345 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 11:40 pm
After eating one, it makes me feel a bit sick to my stomach knowing how much crap I've just digested. Even a Harvey's burger makes me feel a bit better, albeit all the preservatives that they put into the meat.
That's ironic because Harvey's has FAR more crap than McDonald's does.
McDonald's has beef. That's it. Harvey's is more filler than meat.
I've become a fan of buying fresh ground beef patties from Costco and just frying them on a pan with onions and sprinkling on a bit of Montreal steak sauce, pickles, ketchup and mustard. Yes, you have to do more work but for about the same price or a bit less for a burger it's so much more satisfying.
Outside of the Montreal steak spice and the fresh beef, this is exactly how McDonald's makes their burgers.

WarrenC12 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:52 am
LOL planning a Donald Trump style party?
Needs more hamberders with a side of covfefe
Jonproject wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 2:43 pm
It will mold plenty. If you leave it out in the dry air, it'll dry out. Mold requires moisture. Stick it in a plastic bag and it'll be super green in no time.
Exactly.
The "test" they did was something like a McDonald's Hamburger (1:10 with the small bun) vs like a full sized burger from somewhere else.
The full sized burger doesn't have time to dry before it rots.

If you took a McDonald's burger and an identically sized burger from somewhere else, they'd both not rot.
Or if you took a McDonald's premium burger vs a large burger, they'd both rot.
It's not like McDonalds cracked the magical code to stop food from rotting. They'd be a lot more valuable as a company if they did!
I wouldn't even stay in the burger business.... This is like life changing.
Someone3lse wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:01 pm
Pass on thin meat. Mcdouble all the way
You realize it's the same meat right?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3784 posts
2161 upvotes
najibs wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:24 pm
I have no idea what you just said. It made absolutely no sense Face With Tears Of Joy
Side effect from him consuming so much McDonald's each week.
Dec 10, 2011
89 posts
81 upvotes
Ramtuckinit wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:10 pm
1000x750_smart_fit.jpg
Wow, 1200 calories for such an inconsistent meal, no wonder most of their customers are balloon shaped, it's a pity to see kids growing up eating this garbage.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3444 posts
2022 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I did mobile order for the meal and it came out correct at $6.89.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
May 30, 2010
596 posts
147 upvotes
molie2403 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:35 pm
Wow, 1200 calories for such an inconsistent meal, no wonder most of their customers are balloon shaped, it's a pity to see kids growing up eating this garbage.
TIL, McDonald's meal are high in calories. Mind blown🤯
Dec 21, 2009
125 posts
71 upvotes
Oakville
molie2403 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:35 pm
Most people are balloon shaped cause they don't have any self discipline.

They'd find a way to get that killer whale bod, even if you fed them grains and oats.