Ordered a big Mac.
Got a double big mac.

Scoreeeee
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12275 posts
2822 upvotes
RFD
Having the new big mac now. It is a slippery and sliding disaster. The new bun feels rubbery instead of warm. It wasn't hotter to begin with when delivered to the customer. It feels like there is more bun to meat. Everything falling out with every bite.
Double hamburger from now on. New Big Mac is terrible, worse than before. Way too much sauce.
Mar 13, 2012
55 posts
24 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 5:27 pm
Having the new big mac now. It is a slippery and sliding disaster. The new bun feels rubbery instead of warm. It wasn't hotter to begin with when delivered to the customer. It feels like there is more bun to meat. Everything falling out with every bite.
Double hamburger from now on. New Big Mac is terrible, worse than before. Way too much sauce.
I ordered the big mac and a mcdouble dressed as a mac. If you'd like more meaty without the mess, its a great alternative. However imo the big mac did taste better but will continue ordering my mcdouble dressed as a mac as it is cheaper, although I only go a few times a year anyways. But I totally agree the big mac is a complete slip and slide, so messy I barely held it together.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8765 posts
5065 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Third Eye wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 1:24 pm
New bun is disappointing.

Meat is thinner and less than before (and before was already small).

WAY too much sauce!

This will be my last Big Mac, it was fine the way it was and they have sold billions of them.....why change what is working?
Should have just gone with the Big Mick

Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
May 2, 2010
387 posts
279 upvotes
GTA
Anyone having trouble creating a new account with the app? I use temp emails and nothing happens
Feb 18, 2014
273 posts
140 upvotes
I guess the bun was changed to absorb more of the Mac sauce that they're using, using the softer buns would be messy, similar to using a regular Dempster/Wonder bread hamburger bun when having a burger, bun falls apart if you add condiments to it. It's been 6 years atleast since having a Big Mac, I think I'm going to keep the streak going. McD's is my go to place for an ice cream cone.
Dec 31, 2008
302 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Cartman86 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 5:48 pm
Anyone having trouble creating a new account with the app? I use temp emails and nothing happens
I think they started blocking some temp email services a while ago. It was mentioned in a different McD's thread here.
May 30, 2018
42 posts
16 upvotes
Tried one yesterday, but haven't had a big Mac in a while, so can't say there was much of a difference to me. The bun was more chewy and maybe it's because I haven't had one in a long time, but what happened to the meat? If there's that little meat in the burger then the middle bun is just overkill. I know everything is more pricey these days, but once these come back to regular prices, who would buy it?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12275 posts
2822 upvotes
RFD
I think with the amount of sauce they are putting on the newer big mac, if I ever try it again, I'll ask to have the sauce on the side (in a container) so I can dip into however much I want. The slip and slide would be gone in that case.
Jul 13, 2007
768 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
Made the slight mistake of ordering "sans viande" / without meat.

It actually didn't taste that bad. There's hardly any meat in them anyway. Just a slight texture loss.
Are you sure you wish to carry out this operation? You betcha.
May 8, 2007
907 posts
238 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
Clerk was going to charge me over $6 for the BM, he did not know it was on special. Took mine home and it weighed 185g, official McD numbers 209g and 520 calories.

I am trying the easy intermittent fasting diet method where you just skip breakfast but are allowed morning coffee or tea preferably without caloric additives. Usually I hold off until 1pm before eating anything, which means I am without any food for about 13 hours. Can eat anything during the eating hours but this diet seems to reduce my appetite so I don’t pig out. Probably will lose about a pound a week.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1335 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
Tried one, I agree 100% about the bun. It's more chewy and dense, seems less fresh, noticed slight more glazing.

Meat was the same, bit thin but expected. Mac sauce got more tangy and is definitively a bit more watered down. That's their financial solution for adding more...just using the same amount of sauce but watered down.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3819 posts
2153 upvotes
God bless Big Macs, god bless rfder and god bless all the dialogue. Next up we need pics of who will become the Big Mac king (or queen)
Jun 18, 2015
361 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto, ON
adams7 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 7:30 pm
I am trying the easy intermittent fasting diet method where you just skip breakfast but are allowed morning coffee or tea preferably without caloric additives. Usually I hold off until 1pm before eating anything, which means I am without any food for about 13 hours. Can eat anything during the eating hours but this diet seems to reduce my appetite so I don’t pig out. Probably will lose about a pound a week.
thanks for the update!
Feb 21, 2006
42 posts
3 upvotes
Thornhill
Tried one today...

Customized it with extra onions and patty, no pickles.

What they gave me was a regular Big Mac Pouting Face

Definitely noticed a taste difference, may have been the sauce and bun. I prefer the old Big Mac.
Images
  • 98902D69-1362-41C7-BFB8-490FACE3AAC5.jpeg