Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] $3 Big Macs, August 13 to August 19, 2019, all across Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 10:47 am
Jul 12, 2018
23 posts
87 upvotes
Just had 2 of these, very delicious. My only complaint is one of them had a fingernail in it. Still a good deal for $3.
Nov 7, 2012
959 posts
405 upvotes
TORONTO
This thread is funny.

Pple complaining about how the 'new' Big mac is worse than the old big mac; which they've already despised in the first place.

Smaller patty? Were you expecting an Angus sized meat patty? Its a Big mac.

As for price, its weird that some pple are paying regular price for the combo. I know in my area (GTA/Ajax) the kiosk said add $3 to make it a combo.

Is it mindblowingly amazing? No... Is it a better big mac? Totally subjective. Pple getting messed up orders, that's a store specific problem but for the most part Big Macs taste the same everywhere.

Now, IMO and experience. The best big mac I've ever had was at the MCD's at the Barcelona airport in 2014, for some damn reason that burger had the same circumference as a Quarter Pounder. I wish I took pictures. I think I might have a video somewhere. Gunna have to find that.
Oct 5, 2005
589 posts
175 upvotes
akswun wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 5:14 pm
This thread is funny.

Pple complaining about how the 'new' Big mac is worse than the old big mac; which they've already despised in the first place.

Smaller patty? Were you expecting an Angus sized meat patty? Its a Big mac.

As for price, its weird that some pple are paying regular price for the combo. I know in my area (GTA/Ajax) the kiosk said add $3 to make it a combo.

Is it mindblowingly amazing? No... Is it a better big mac? Totally subjective. Pple getting messed up orders, that's a store specific problem but for the most part Big Macs taste the same everywhere.

Now, IMO and experience. The best big mac I've ever had was at the MCD's at the Barcelona airport in 2014, for some damn reason that burger had the same circumference as a Quarter Pounder. I wish I took pictures. I think I might have a video somewhere. Gunna have to find that.
i've never seen anyone try to shorten "people" like that. don't think it really works. but agree with you. decent deal for what it is.

burgers were okay. bun is good, more "brioche-y."

Images
  • IMG_0130.jpg
yo!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2563 posts
623 upvotes
Upper James McDonalds in Hamilton ran out of Big Mac sauce today at 12pm EST. :facepalm:
Feb 11, 2010
104 posts
112 upvotes
GTA
Had one today and will never again. Maybe it is just me but tasted worse than old BigMac. Five Guys need to open more location.
Oct 5, 2005
589 posts
175 upvotes
racing.racing wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 7:29 pm
Had one today and will never again. Maybe it is just me but tasted worse than old BigMac. Five Guys need to open more location.
some context: 5 guys HAMBURGER is more than DOUBLE the price of this big mac deal.
yo!
Aug 5, 2013
147 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
They forgot to put the patties on one of my burgers. I only found out after I got home...
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4100 posts
911 upvotes
Sask.
Just finished one, thought it was just fine.

There is noticeably more sauce but, for me, that's a good thing. I didn't mind the bun; I found it actually held the contents in better.
There were more onions and pickles than usual, but they aren't a part of the changes - other than the delivery of the onions.

If anyone has time for an interesting read, check out their Twitter account - they are making it clear that there is just more sauce, that its recipe has not changed, and the patties are the same size as they were.
Banned
Aug 11, 2019
34 posts
6 upvotes
Can't believe people pay $ 6 + Tax (Regular price) for this.

Even at $ 3 it's just about worth it.

Patties are extremely thin, bun is rubbery and chewy, the sauce is nothing special, the size is not that big either.

The best value is still the $ 1 Softie cone, the $ 2.29 McDouble and the
$ 2 Junior chicken. Even the small $ 2 Frappe and $ 2 Smooth are pretty good.
Nov 21, 2007
56 posts
21 upvotes
I ordered a meatless Big Mac by accident... Fml
Sep 30, 2009
204 posts
61 upvotes
Richmond
The regular Big Mac is 95% sauce and bun so not much difference.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1610 posts
1110 upvotes
zentro wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 7:32 am
Tried it yesterday, it's decent. Definitely more Big Mac sauce, which I like, but I can see not everyone will as it makes it slightly more tangy. Less bread is good and I noticed top of the bun is slightly more glazed than I remember but I haven't had a Big Mac in ages. Size looked about the same and it was far more symmetrical and stable than before.

One thing I never liked about the Big Mac is how the lettuce always falls out as you eat it, not sure if that is possible to fix except using larger piece of lettuce and not shredded, but that would change the burger completely. Also due to more Big Mac sauce it makes it more of a mess to eat, you'll get the sauce to drip out when eating unless you are scientific about your burger consumption and bite the areas where the sauce is pushing out more.

I've made my own Big Mac sauce for homemade burgers, while not the same it's similar and simple to make: equal parts mayo & ketchup, cubed onions & pickles, a splash of yellow mustard.
The sauce is actually thousand island sauce with minced onions..
May 26, 2008
583 posts
106 upvotes
I miss the old big mac. All I tasted is vinegar with the new one.
May 23, 2017
18 posts
9 upvotes
I feel like trash after eating a big mac or McDonalds in general......in my opinion you're better off going to A&W and getting 2 teen burgers for $8 (w/ easily obtained coupon)