Big Mac, McChicken, Filet-O-Fish, or 6 pack McNuggets - $4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2022 1:21 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6748 posts
962 upvotes
Etobicoke
Congratulations on reaching this milestone! Very few companies out there can attain this level of excellence. People must LOVE $4.99 Big Macs.

m.png
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32890 posts
14613 upvotes
HP_John wrote: I like the Wendys double JBC for $3.29, I think its the best value burger from the burger chains without a coupon in 2022
Given McDouble has gone up to $3 now, I agree. 30 cents more you get lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Just take that nasty mayo Wendy's loves to put on, off, and replace with mustard (which most Wendy's will only give you in packets :rolleyes: ) and you got something decent.
biiiatch wrote: On a unrelated note, i noticed these app promos pricing is all over the place. I compared my deals with another person and there was a ~2$ difference for the same promos.

What a scam
Yep, McD's, the less you use it, the cheaper the prices are for some of the deals offered. For example I got excited when I got the notification for McDouble + Poutine offer, which I usually get for $6. Open the app, it's $7! Seven bucks?! Nah they're taking it too far now. Then logged out of that account and into one of my other ones and boom it's $5 in there, even less than $6 and two dollars less than my frequently-used account offer! Good news is, I had myself a McDouble & poutine. Bad news is now I have points in another account I'll have to remember to use.
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
1102 posts
483 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Given McDouble has gone up to $3 now, I agree. 30 cents more you get lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Just take that nasty mayo Wendy's loves to put on, off, and replace with mustard (which most Wendy's will only give you in packets :rolleyes: ) and you got something decent.
Yep, McD's, the less you use it, the cheaper the prices are for some of the deals offered. For example I got excited when I got the notification for McDouble + Poutine offer, which I usually get for $6. Open the app, it's $7! Seven bucks?! Nah they're taking it too far now. Then logged out of that account and into one of my other ones and boom it's $5 in there, even less than $6 and two dollars less than my frequently-used account offer! Good news is, I had myself a McDouble & poutine. Bad news is now I have points in another account I'll have to remember to use.

On god I feel you my guy, but on the side note I got like 6 accounts and family members who got single accounts and for the past year or so I know the offers are typically the same other then the different prices and 1$ ymmv offers. My question is how have you’ve gotten these poutine and mcdouble offers before? Another thing I just realized the accounts I rarely use sure are cheaper then my mains but 5.75$ which is .75 more then yours how come? Based on what you’ve said about this being a regular offer for you I assume your from Quebec
Sep 22, 2009
932 posts
301 upvotes
For you who remember the Big Xtra, $3.99 could've bought a whole adult sized meal.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32890 posts
14613 upvotes
StormJG wrote: On god I feel you my guy, but on the side note I got like 6 accounts and family members who got single accounts and for the past year or so I know the offers are typically the same other then the different prices and 1$ ymmv offers. My question is how have you’ve gotten these poutine and mcdouble offers before? Another thing I just realized the accounts I rarely use sure are cheaper then my mains but 5.75$ which is .75 more then yours how come? Based on what you’ve said about this being a regular offer for you I assume your from Quebec
Yeah I've had the McDouble & Poutine thing before, but usually it's $6. When I saw it at $7 I'm like, "Uh I'm just gonna check my other acct's" and sure enough it was $5 in those. To think if they'd just given it to me for the usual $6, I'd probably have never checked another acc't. That's what happens when you get greedy I guess! People just be like, no I'm not paying that, it's not a deal anymore... In fact it really isn't a deal, because isn't Poutine like $4? Then again that probably went up on the a la carte side, but still.

Also I'm in the GTA, not Quebec. I wouldn't say it's super regular for me to get it though, haven't seen it in a while but I have had it on various other occasions.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7123 posts
3281 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Given McDouble has gone up to $3 now, I agree. 30 cents more you get lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Just take that nasty mayo Wendy's loves to put on, off, and replace with mustard (which most Wendy's will only give you in packets :rolleyes: ) and you got something decent.
McDouble also has 21 grams of protein vs 29 grams of protein for the Double JBC. It may not be noticeable to some but I always add an extra beef patty (about $1 more) to the McDouble because I feel its a bit too little meat IMO. Just my personal opinion, & yea, I don't like Wendy's mayo, I usually get mustard too
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3347 posts
3593 upvotes
Prince George
eelfliw wrote: Congratulations on reaching this milestone! Very few companies out there can attain this level of excellence. People must LOVE $4.99 Big Macs.
I think they love mass downvoting in general, and also living in denial about inflation.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
1086 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
You know inflation is bad when McDonald's can't even contain inflation. The Economist paper uses the Big Mac Index as a measure or purchase price parity between countries.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2007
650 posts
782 upvotes
StormJG wrote: There hasn’t been any talk about this, and I know many of us would like to instead of wasting there time and getting embarrassed but have people been able to stack this with the survey? If not how much did it end up being tia
It's been mentioned a couple times in this thread...and I think someone started a whole other thread just to mention stacking the survey. I have done it and have had no issue. But be aware the survey can take an hour or two to show up in email
[OP]
Mar 8, 2007
650 posts
782 upvotes
rcheung13 wrote: For you who remember the Big Xtra, $3.99 could've bought a whole adult sized meal.

That was more than 20 years ago...

What about the mcDLT... (1984) this thing had a giant styrofoam package.

And I had no idea that was Jason Alexander!! (George!!)
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
1102 posts
483 upvotes
silenthunder wrote: It's been mentioned a couple times in this thread...and I think someone started a whole other thread just to mention stacking the survey. I have done it and have had no issue. But be aware the survey can take an hour or two to show up in email
Thanks for replying, sorry that’s totally on me for writing any instead of much. I must of skimmed to fast and missed a bunch of people being able to stack them but I did see maybe 2 on this forum and yes I already knew about the other forum, but that forum was specifically started for the survey many downvotes and it was only later when it got mentioned by like 2 people about being able todo it
Nov 29, 2010
131 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa
I was able to get a not bad deal today considering.

Combined a bunch of deals with the OP to get a free large fry with purchase, $4.99 Big Mac and $1.25 drink though the app.
$7.05 total which worked for me. Actually I think it’s cheaper than the mailer coupons.

I was hungry for a deal. Lol.
Images
  • D1F9D6A4-6E8F-4BFF-972E-575A6F877DF8.jpeg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)