• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2022 7:15 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
9303 posts
16924 upvotes
Montreal
sooksook wrote: RIP OP's profile score
Downvootes don't count or appear in a poster's profile.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3972 posts
2873 upvotes
now to get the 39 upvotes to switch their allegiance.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
9303 posts
16924 upvotes
Montreal
Next goal: 683 downvotes like the "Fun Guy Tshirts" thread.
Nov 4, 2009
119 posts
63 upvotes
Edmonton
That extra nugget is worth $2.99 though. lol
Jul 11, 2004
991 posts
374 upvotes
OP. We're just used to seeing more discounted food at McDonald's. Things like Free Fries, BOGO free, meal deals and the like. So what's effectively amounts to a 10% or 16.7% deal it doesn't cut it for fast food customers here on Redflags.

So...to all that have down voted this deal, precedence is being set here... don't post deals where the discounts are less than 20%. Or else, be aware that a downvote may be coming your way.
Feb 28, 2006
447 posts
365 upvotes
I came here for the comedy. I knew it when I saw that title.

Next month's promo will be an extra fry with purchase of a large fries.
Dec 20, 2009
286 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga
I am speechless. A whole free chicken bite deserves much greater attention.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5194 posts
4035 upvotes
Next promo extra 5mL on small or medium soft drink purchase. Free offer will come in the small ketchup cup.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
23742 posts
31508 upvotes
Toronto
It's dead, ended yesterday. Time to put this thread out of its misery

I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
9303 posts
16924 upvotes
Montreal
This was not a judgment on OP @paultieu but an opinion on the deal. It was pretty insulting on the part of a multibillion corporation like McD to offer ONE measly chicken nugget as a bonus. On top of that, they tried to spin it as a love gesture for Valentine's Day. Double lame!
Nov 30, 2016
946 posts
1161 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
growler wrote: OP. We're just used to seeing more discounted food at McDonald's. Things like Free Fries, BOGO free, meal deals and the like. So what's effectively amounts to a 10% or 16.7% deal it doesn't cut it for fast food customers here on Redflags.

So...to all that have down voted this deal, precedence is being set here... don't post deals where the discounts are less than 20%. Or else, be aware that a downvote may be coming your way.
OP clearly knew what they were doing
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32003 posts
13513 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: now to get the 39 upvotes to switch their allegiance.
I dunno about "allegiance", I quite like McDonald's and am quite a fan, but I could never upvote this ridiculous "deal"--it's not only lame but it's insulting, TBH. I think the 40ish ppl that upvoted only did so because they felt sorry for OP since they only reported on something that was advertised/promoted by the company offering it. Given downvotes don't actually affect a user in any way, it's fair game to downvote as necssary; and, let me tell you it's very necessary here.
sprung wrote: It's dead, ended yesterday. Time to put this thread out of its misery

No! Time for more downvotes :lol: Also time for someone to tweet linking this thread @McDonaldsCanada to show them what a fail their dumb promo was--possibly getting to the most downvoted thread of all time on the #1 Canadian deals website.
Oct 15, 2012
386 posts
412 upvotes
Sudbury
evilYoda wrote: the OP is in hiding tee heh heh
Apparently hiding with Turdeau and fighting over the extra nugget. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)