Shopping Discussion

McDonald's Canada to only offer take-out, delivery and drive-through starting March 16, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2020 4:37 pm
14 replies
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
136 posts
71 upvotes
Good. It will get rid of old people drinking coffee all day. Should make this permanent. I feel sorry for people who have to work with public. Should wear masks and be paid double.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3035 posts
2018 upvotes
Canadia
Carcross wrote: Good. It will get rid of old people drinking coffee all day. Should make this permanent. I feel sorry for people who have to work with public. Should wear masks and be paid double.
One day you will be old.
Jan 8, 2015
673 posts
409 upvotes
Last week when I went to get a quarter pounder the manager was getting ticked off with the school kids loitering around. She's probably happy now lol.
Feb 16, 2018
970 posts
960 upvotes
My daughter works for Mcdonald's. She's there now. She just texted me and told me that they posted in their staff room, effective March 23 all Canadian McDonald's are shutting down their take out operations. Only drive thru and Uber/Skip will be available. Apparently Mcdonald's will make a public announcement sometime tomorrow. They are waiting a week to give franchisees a chance to tell their staff and prepare.
Jan 12, 2008
332 posts
157 upvotes
This should give some relief to all those low income earner that want to stay away from people
Feb 16, 2018
970 posts
960 upvotes
HghSsociety wrote: My daughter works for Mcdonald's. She's there now. She just texted me and told me that they posted in their staff room, effective March 23 all Canadian McDonald's are shutting down their take out operations. Only drive thru and Uber/Skip will be available. Apparently Mcdonald's will make a public announcement sometime tomorrow. They are waiting a week to give franchisees a chance to tell their staff and prepare.
More news from my daughter.

We told her she was to stay home and no longer go to work because of the virus and she was to inform Mcdonalds that today was her last shift. She told her manager tonight and he told her it probably wouldn't matter anyways. He just came from a meeting with his district manager and Mcdonalds is getting extreme pressure to shut down and an email would go out shortly letting staff know that there is more than likely going to be a Canada wide closure of all Mcdonald's within the next week or two.

If this is accurate or not I do not know but she was correct about the shut down of the dining room
Sep 5, 2017
410 posts
215 upvotes
Disciplinz wrote: This should give some relief to all those low income earner that want to stay away from people
Would be nice in my case but only if franchise owners are forced to also do this... My owner is so money hungry he won't unless forced. Same goes for closing. I haven't heard a thing in our stores group about take out closing at all either... That may be based on area
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6180 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
pawprints86 wrote: Would be nice in my case but only if franchise owners are forced to also do this... My owner is so money hungry he won't unless forced. Same goes for closing. I haven't heard a thing in our stores group about take out closing at all either... That may be based on area
If Mcdo HeadQuarter will not deliver supply to the franchisee then what next for your money hungry owner?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5051 posts
2387 upvotes
Mississauga
My local Tim Hortons this morning is now only offering drive through service. Motorized vehicles only!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5121 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
Same with Starbucks as of this morning. Drive through locations only.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5051 posts
2387 upvotes
Mississauga
Are there that many drive-thru Starbucks around? Mississauga proper appears to have only four of them. Whereas there are dozens of TH drive-thus.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17748 posts
5685 upvotes
Toronto
I would stay away from fast food period at this time. You never know if the worker or managers are sick there. Coughing and sneezing into the food and air.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5121 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
There aren't many which is a problem.

In Mississauga Dixie/Eglinton, Tomken/Eglinton, Hurontario/Eglinton all have drive throughs. I don't remember if the new Renforth/Eglinton location has a drive through.

Hwy 27 just north of Hwy 7 in Woodbridge does as well.

I wonder if they closed the locations in Longo's as well.
Sep 5, 2017
410 posts
215 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: If Mcdo HeadQuarter will not deliver supply to the franchisee then what next for your money hungry owner?
I'd love to know!!