[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15609 posts
3250 upvotes
Toronto

Mcdonald's Covid 19 2020 take out information

McDonald’s to Shut Down Take-Out and Curbside Service Due to COVID-19

"Drive-Thru and McDelivery service continue to be available,” explained McDonald’s Canada, in a press release..."
"McDonald’s says select franchisees will keep restaurants open with take-out, for those located in areas near hospitals and healthcare facilities."

Source: https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/mcdo ... de-dining/

***This thread has been updated. Please see page 3. (thank-you to all who updated this thread)
Last edited by playnicee1 on May 30th, 2020 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
38 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6180 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
Hello everyone,

It was just a week ago that I sent my last message, and since then it certainly feels like the world has changed once again. These are uncertain times, but I’m encouraged to see everyone coming together to follow the measures put in place by our respective governments and public health authorities. Truly, the only way through this situation is to work together as one.

At McDonald’s Canada, protecting the health and well-being of our people and our guests has been our number one priority throughout this crisis. It has guided every decision we’ve made as the situation evolved. It is with this in mind that I want to let all our valued guests know of an important announcement.

Closure of Take-Out Service

As of March 22nd, we will no longer be offering take-out service in our restaurants. This means our dining rooms will now be completely closed. In addition, we will also stop offering curbside pickup. However, Drive-thru and McDelivery service will still be available for those seeking convenient and affordable food options while they practice social distancing.

Select restaurants may continue to offer take-out service in communities where there are specific needs, including locations near hospitals and healthcare facilities. We are working closely with our franchisees to identify these locations.

This was by no means an easy decision. As we assessed guidance from governments and health authorities and listened to the concerns of our franchisees and restaurant crew, we felt it was important to take action.

We know there are people in our communities without a car to access Drive-thru, and not everyone can access McDelivery, which is why we provided take-out service for as long as we could. Please understand that this change was made for the continued safety of our employees and guests across the country.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
26337 posts
11379 upvotes
Toronto
I just went to get coffee via drive thru and the worker delivered me the coffee with a disposable cups tray. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4925 posts
2050 upvotes
Also note, there was a forum post on RFD from a employee who said that they were told this would happen as of March 23.

It's possible that they were hoping that the worker wouldn't test positive, but already decided to take action even though it was delayed.

They probably wanted to keep business as semi usual during the weekend.

I can't find the post at this time - I did try to find it before posting this.
Feb 16, 2018
970 posts
959 upvotes
renoldman wrote: Also note, there was a forum post on RFD from a employee who said that they were told this would happen as of March 23.

It's possible that they were hoping that the worker wouldn't test positive, but already decided to take action even though it was delayed.

They probably wanted to keep business as semi usual during the weekend.

I can't find the post at this time - I did try to find it before posting this.
I think you are referring to me. My daughter works there (did as we forced her to stop ) and told me 2 different announcements that she found out would happen while working that would be announced publicly the next day. Both were correct.
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2008
1009 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
this is good. shut everything down.
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
589 upvotes
Toronto
rjones416 wrote: this is good. shut everything down.
If drive-thrus and grocery stores are closed then there would be panic, riots and scary times. The reason why we haven't reached panic mode is because are food supply is still intact.
Mar 16, 2009
168 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
rjones416 wrote: this is good. shut everything down.
Unrealistic. We would truly go Mad Max if they did.
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2008
1009 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
i mean everything non essential should shut down. buying take out fast food is not essential.
Mar 16, 2009
168 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
rjones416 wrote: i mean everything non essential should shut down. buying take out fast food is not essential.
Spoken like a true elitist.

For some ordinary people who can't afford ripoff Uber Eats if unable to cook at home or an essential worker out on the job that still needs takeout, it is essential.
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2008
1009 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
jflex wrote: Spoken like a true elitist.

For some ordinary people who can't afford ripoff Uber Eats if unable to cook at home or an essential worker out on the job that still needs takeout, it is essential.
since when is garbage fast food essential? you think thats what essential workers eat on their break? theres plenty of cheap food you can get at the grocery store that doesnt require cooking.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15609 posts
3250 upvotes
Toronto
rjones416 wrote: since when is garbage fast food essential? you think thats what essential workers eat on their break? theres plenty of cheap food you can get at the grocery store that doesnt require cooking.
Sorry but fast food is essential because it meets the needs of a quick bite before a shift. If that bothers you so much order salad instead of fries and tell them to put the dressing on the side so you can control how much dressing you use.
Save your anger for EB Games/Gamestop. lol http://forums.redflagdeals.com/gamestop ... s-2362732/